Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Looking for suggestions: what's the best produced punk record?

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Dog Fish, Apr 22, 2019.

1. Dog Fish

Mutt

I've been on the punk kick lately and have come across those albums/tracks that have great songs - but the production is just not...great (Alkaline Trio, Knucklepuck, TBS - Louder Now). I'd just like to throw in that perfect summer punk record with fantastic, un-muddy production.

Suggestions?

2. arewehavingfunyet

Trusted

Enema of the State.

jorbjorb and bradsonemanband like this.
  3. Dog Fish

Mutt

bradsonemanband likes this.
  4. adeadgod

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

The Shape of Punk to Come is the perfect summer record

5. Elder Lightning

A lightning bolt without a cloud in the sky Supporter

Define "produced".

Also, define "punk".

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  6. bd007h

chorus.fm's resident Meg Myers fan #GoSabres/Bills

The Offspring - Smash

7. Dog Fish

Mutt

Best sounding. Louder Now's production has always bothered me (vocals sound great, but the drums sound awful, and it's always sounded like it's missing a guitar track or something). Knuckepuck has that 'compressed' sound that physically hurts my ears, especially with headphones. Alkaline Trio's latest - love the songs, but, although not nearly as unlistenable as Knucklepuck, something just doesn't sound right.

You can probably tell I don't know shit about production/engineering.

8. Elder Lightning

A lightning bolt without a cloud in the sky Supporter

First thing that comes to mind is A Wilhelm Scream's Career Suicide

I don't know if it's necessarily "the best" produced album, but it sounds very good to my ears.

I also think some of Rise Against's albums probably fit what you're looking for: Siren Song of the Counter Culture and The Sufferer and the Witness are my personal favorites.

I'd also recommend the last few Anti-Flag albums – American Spring, American Fall, and American Reckoning – and Propaghandi's Victory Lap

9. Kingjohn_654

Longtime Sunshine Prestigious

Pet Sounds

10. jorbjorb

7 rings

Not really a summer record but Propagandhi - Supporting Caste has some nice production imo. I love the blasting room.

KidLightning and Dog Fish like this.
  11. jorbjorb

7 rings

Another good sounding one is Hot Water Music - Exister.

12. Indigo

Regular

I'm a huge fan of Sapone's production on the last two Crime in Stereo records but I'm not totally sure if that fits your bill or not.

13. whitenblue88

The rivalry is back on

White Lung’s Paradise is one of the best produced punk albums I’ve ever heard