Looking for some (wired) headphones.

Discussion in 'Technology Forum' started by Raku, May 9, 2019.

1. Raku

Regular

I tried asking on Reddit (and will quote what I posted there), but so far I didn't get any help. Hopefully there will be people here who can help me out.

I've been having a hard time finding a good pair of headphones on my own so I thought it would be best for me to ask for help this time.

Budget - Within reason, I don't see myself going over 300$, but depending on the pair suggested, I could.

Source/Amp - 3.5mm jack or USB

How the gear will be used - Mainly at home; used to watch shows, movies, listen to music, and game (I don't need a headset since I have a snowball mic)

Preferred tonal balance - I always have a problem with bass heavy headphones, or cheap sounding ones... I would like to have stuff that is tonally balanced or at least goes to the higher frequencies.

Preferred music genre(s) - I like to listen to Punk music. Pop punk, Ska, and Alt rock.

Past gear experience - I've used Sony MDRNC7/BLK Noise Canceling On-Ear headphones (shitty build, but great sound quality... Favorite pair honestly), Turtle Beach P12 (also had a great sound, but short cable... Ended up pulling it out overtime which broke the headset), Turtle Beach Stealth 700 (Great sound, but I hate having to charge them), and currently I'm using HyperX Cloud 2 (Too bass heavy, and audio sounds distorted to me... Although, it does have a nice build (opposite problem of my Sony))

What aspect of your current listening experience would you like to improve? - I just want to find a pair of wired headphones that have a nice studio sound to them. I'd like for them to be versatile, and comfortable for my ears and overall experience.

Keep in mind the HyperX pair I just recently picked up from Best Buy last Sunday so I can still return them.