Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Looking for some (wired) headphones.

Discussion in 'Technology Forum' started by Raku, May 9, 2019.

1. Raku

Regular

I tried asking on Reddit (and will quote what I posted there), but so far I didn't get any help. Hopefully there will be people here who can help me out.

I've been having a hard time finding a good pair of headphones on my own so I thought it would be best for me to ask for help this time.

Budget - Within reason, I don't see myself going over 300$, but depending on the pair suggested, I could.

Source/Amp - 3.5mm jack or USB

How the gear will be used - Mainly at home; used to watch shows, movies, listen to music, and game (I don't need a headset since I have a snowball mic)

Preferred tonal balance - I always have a problem with bass heavy headphones, or cheap sounding ones... I would like to have stuff that is tonally balanced or at least goes to the higher frequencies.

Preferred music genre(s) - I like to listen to Punk music. Pop punk, Ska, and Alt rock.

Past gear experience - I've used Sony MDRNC7/BLK Noise Canceling On-Ear headphones (shitty build, but great sound quality... Favorite pair honestly), Turtle Beach P12 (also had a great sound, but short cable... Ended up pulling it out overtime which broke the headset), Turtle Beach Stealth 700 (Great sound, but I hate having to charge them), and currently I'm using HyperX Cloud 2 (Too bass heavy, and audio sounds distorted to me... Although, it does have a nice build (opposite problem of my Sony))

What aspect of your current listening experience would you like to improve? - I just want to find a pair of wired headphones that have a nice studio sound to them. I'd like for them to be versatile, and comfortable for my ears and overall experience.

Keep in mind the HyperX pair I just recently picked up from Best Buy last Sunday so I can still return them.

2. juliatom543

Found or still looking?