Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Long Shot (Jonathan Levine, May 3, 2019) Movie • Page 3

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Serh, Jan 5, 2018.

1. smoke4thecaper

out of context reference Supporter

More Lisa Kudrow would have been nice.

That Aniston joke was brutal, but got the biggest laugh in my theater

2. I think this looks so bad but based on the comments in here - it’s good? A funny Rogan movie?

3. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

this ruled. loved it

Drew Beringer and imthesheriff like this.
  4. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

I think the idea that their relationship was a long shot and also that she was a dark horse candidate but I'm just implying that part

Jake Gyllenhaal likes this.
  5. Oh, no, guys, I was making a joke referring to @Drew Beringer 's post.

6. iCarly Rae Jepsen

airik625 and chewbacca110 like this.
  7. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

Oh booooooyyyyy

Given the political climate in the last 2 years, a presidential candidate winning an election after footage came out of her boyfriend taking a load to the beard doesn’t seem that far fetched.

bradsonemanband likes this.
  8. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

9. Shrek

can't be made fun of Prestigious

it feels like June has been backseat in anything she's done despite being delightful, it's one of a million reasons i fell off of HDTGM? a couple of years ago, so it's great to see her get so much love for this. cant wait for it to be on VOD. we got free screening tickets for this last week but couldn't go so im a lil bummed.

10. Give me every outtake of Kurt, Claudia, and Pau as that anchor team. Also a full movie of it

This was great though

imthesheriff likes this.
  11. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

Holy shit, I just learned Andy Serkis played Parker Wembley

12. iCarly Rae Jepsen

yeah I was trying to figure out who it was, I thought maybe Bill Murray

13. OMG I never realized Levine did 50/50 AND Warm Bodies. Definitely paying attention to that name in the future.

Tangentially related: Joe's such a great performer, feels like he dropped off the radar after Don Jon. I guess I need to see The Night Before.

14. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

The Night Before's a lot of fun. I'm surprised it hasn't made it into the popular Christmas viewing canon.

Serh likes this.
  15. Just got back from seeing this. I loved it! I was audibly rooting for the characters and laughed a lot. It was just a nice and sweet movie with a few pretty big laughs along the way.

imthesheriff likes this.
  16. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

I absolutely loved this. Perfect mix of Seth and Evan's normal type of humor and the sweetness of the best romantic comedies. Charlize was so charming throughout, and also fucking hilarious, and this was also lowkey one of Seth's best performances from an acting perspective. Great supporting cast too, one thing I love about Seth and Evan's movies is they always fill them with hilarous people, even the smallest roles like Paul Scheer, Claudia O'Doherty and Kurt Braunohler as the FOX News hosts and Randall Park as Seth's boss at the beginning

So happy with this

17. AWasteOfATime

@awasteofatime Supporter

so..........its called Long Shot because he busts a load on his face, right?

bradsonemanband likes this.
  18. That's what I said! Although I guess it being the first post of this page and taken out of context did it no favors...

Here.

AWasteOfATime likes this.
  19. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

Just saw this tonight and I loved it! Hilarious and poignant.

20. Maybevictor

@maybevictor Prestigious

This was really great. It reminded me a little bit of knocked up (besides the Rogen .+ beautiful girl concept)

There is a stretch there where the soundtrack is really incredible and works really well with the movie - the cure, Bruce Springsteen, frank ocean, and big thief all great music choices.

Probably will end up going down as one of my favorite comedies of the year along with booksmart.

JRGComedy and imthesheriff like this.
  21. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

Forgot how much I enjoyed this flick. Seth Rogen is really hit or miss for me, but I thought he did a great job as Flarsky.

22. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

on hbo

colorlesscliche and Maybevictor like this.
  23. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

I enjoyed this, a lot. But until I saw end credits, I thought that was Whitney Cummings.:embarrassed:

24. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

This movie is fucking fantastic. It was far more vulgar and touching than I thought it looked like it was going to be. Pleasantly surprised.

JRGComedy likes this.
  25. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

who?