Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Lollapalooza 2022 Tour • Page 18

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by ItsAndrew, Feb 11, 2022.

1. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

I mean…it’s a huge band playing a small venue, the chances of any of us having got a ticket, regardless of how the roll out was, was extremely unlikely.

2. Cmoney86

Trusted

I mean I had way easier time getting foo fighter tickets and they are way bigger then Green Day imo. I think it took all of 30 seconds for the foo show from onsale till the time I had them in my cart and paid for

3. fowruok

Trusted Supporter

Green Day really hadn't played "Warning" in 21 years before tonight?

Kelsey and Tifoil like this.
  4. Tifoil

ñ

I was literally just talking with a friend about that. We both were surprised by that fact

fowruok likes this.
  5. Tifoil

ñ

I really think they should have done what they did with Metallica. On sale person, one ticket per person only. Probs not fair for people who couldnt rush to the venue but probably less frustrating than dealing with eTicket

6. Cmoney86

Trusted

Yeah I really hope they learned their lesson this year and the amount of people upset and they handle whoever the big name is next year way differently. Either do it like foo back in 2017 or Metallica last September

7. cricketandclover

Things have changed.

The on-sale was fine. People would complain if there was no advance notice given because Green Day fans are old and need to arrange babysitters and look at their calendars. It is what it is. Either way a fraction of the people who want to attend will be able to. Just the nature of these things.

8. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

God dua was so good, I wasn’t expecting to feel the same magic I did when I saw her on the floor at United Center but it turns out Dua is the magic herself. One of my favorite headlining sets I’ve ever seen

ItsAndrew likes this.
  9. kpatrickwood

Give what you can.

Manchester Orchestra sounded incredible at the HOB tonight. Holy fuck.

10. Tifoil

ñ

11. Kelsey

Regular

Ended up getting into Metro last night. Holy fuck. Gonna think about that set list every day for the rest of my life.

chewbacca110, JaytotheGee and Jim like this.
  12. ALT/MSC/FAN

It's chaos. Be kind. Prestigious

Was it uncomfortably packed at all?

13. cricketandclover

Things have changed.

Church on fucking Sunday

fowruok, kpatrickwood and Kelsey like this.
  14. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

15. Cmoney86

Trusted

Didn’t go yesterday. Going tonight only for turnstile. I think tomorrow is the day I’ll spend the most time there

16. Cmoney86

Trusted

Turnstile was insane. That subt show tomorrow is gonna be even more insane

Jim and ALT/MSC/FAN like this.
  17. Tifoil

ñ

Turnstile is truly the best rock band in these days. Great set and great crowd!

ALT/MSC/FAN likes this.
  18. Tifoil Jul 31, 2022
    (Last edited: Jul 31, 2022)
    Tifoil

ñ

The Discord lounge is the best experience I have had at a festival. Open bar, free snacks and side view for the Discord stage (up until 5pm and until it hit its 20 people capacity), was able to see Muna and Pom Pom Squad from there.

To get in, just arrive before festival gates open and run to the Discord stage, a line forms to get a wristband, I think yesterday they ran out very quickly.

19. Tifoil

ñ

Horsegirl is amazing!

ItsAndrew likes this.
  20. Cmoney86

Trusted

From the lines everywhere to get in I’m guessing today is gonna be the biggest crowd and at full capacity

edit. Also seems like security is extra tight today

21. midnightxtaylor

Regular

I've been seeing a lot of chaos surrounding TXT and j-hope's insane crowds and merch lines on Twitter. I don't think the US has figured out how to handle kpop fans yet haha (I'm not defending them either, there's definitely been a lack of festival etiquette going on, probably because many aren't regular festival-goers)

j-hope finally got to meet one of biggest influences aww

22. Tifoil

ñ

Kennyhoopla finally got a band, but his voice was not good

23. koryoreo

Trusted Supporter

Every live video I’ve seen of him he easily runs out of breath and doesn’t sing half of the words. When he does sing it’s extremely out of tune.

24. midnightxtaylor

Regular

Added 10 minutes to his set

25. Tifoil

ñ

I feel bad for Perry, the crowd is not reacting to his band in his own festival