Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Lollapalooza 2021 Tour

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by ItsAndrew, Nov 13, 2019.

1. ItsAndrew Nov 13, 2019
    (Last edited: May 19, 2021)
    ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

[​IMG]

2. Cmoney86

Trusted

Hopefully the headliners are ratm foo fighters Pearl Jam and Eminem! I know I’m prolly wrong on at least 2 but I can dream

3. Rusty_Shackleford

Regular

Rihanna * The Black Keys * Kings Of Leon * My Chemical Romance
    Frank Ocean * Billie Eilish * Some EDM Act * Lana Del Ray

4. ALT/MSC/FAN

It's chaos. Be kind. Prestigious

If Rage headlines this over Riot, I'll go to Lolla for the first time and camp out all day for their set.

5. I’m out of town for the Saturday/Sunday this year. Hopefully if they actually did get MCR or any other must see artists for me, they play the first two days.

6. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

My mini wish list of people I believe are actually possible/likely: Anderson .Paak, Billie Eilish, Rage Against the Machine, Kali Uchis, Lana Del Rey, The Front Bottoms, Valee, Rezz, Dillon Francis, Miley Cyrus, Natasha Bedingfield, Halsey, Kendrick Lamar, Tove Lo, Lizzo, Charli XCX, Whitney, Brittany Howard

Less likely, but a guy can dream: Rihanna, Frank Ocean, Taylor Swift, Turnover, Miranda Lambert

Bands more likely for Riot but I'd love at Lolla because I can't go to Riot this year: Pup, My Chemical Romance, Mannequin Pussy (could see at Riot, Pitchfork, or Lolla),

7. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

8. ItsAndrew Dec 2, 2019
    (Last edited: Dec 10, 2019)
    ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

I want either Julien Baker or Phoebe Bridgers (or even Lucy again) to play next year, mainly so there is a chance to see either of them in smaller venues at aftershows.

9. Cmoney86

Trusted

Pearl Jam is over seas till the 22nd so idk if that makes them seem more or less likely but knowing them they will play wrigley over this. I’d love for 3 of the headliners to be rage foo fighters and Pearl Jam but that will never happen not with the way the fest has gone. If it was 10-15 years ago yeah maybe but not now and today

10. Rusty_Shackleford

Regular

Plus the three mentioned above are REALLY expensive so even with a Lolla budget, that's a huge ask for a top three.

11. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

12. Rusty_Shackleford

Regular

Updated prediction :)
    Pearl Jam * The Black Keys * Post Palone * Billie Eilish
    My Chemical Romance * Frank Ocean * Some EDM Act * Lana Del Ray

13. josh-

Twitter: @joshcaraballin

Frank and My chem are headliner levels I feel like. Definitely over the Black Keys

alkalinexandy likes this.
  14. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

I feel like Billie Eilish is too low. She already sold out the United Center for the second time. I can't recall if The Black Keys sold it out when they played there most recently, but it definitely wasn't as quick as Billie did if it was sold out. Plus, she's one of the biggest names in music right now and The Black Keys aren't. Also, as mentioned above. MCR and Frank would probably be ahead of The Black Keys too.

15. Rusty_Shackleford

Regular

Keep in mind the top 4 are the #1 overall headliner for their day. The next 4 are also headliners, just on the north end. Move the Keys down to four.

16. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

I think if I'm doing a gut check top 8 right now:

Rage Against the Machine - Kendrick Lamar - Billie Eilish - The Black Keys
    Lana Del Rey - Bassnectar - Lizzo - Halsey

RATM: I don't see them doing Riot, and they've announced a lot of festivals so far, so I don't see why that changes in Chicago, especially with a history at Lolla.

Kendrick Lamar: long over due for a Lolla performance, but it depends I guess on whether he's doing festivals or his own thing this year.

Billie Eilish: here in March, but only 1 night and honestly should probably be doing 2. Wouldn't surprise me at all to see her play Lolla.

The Black Keys: Didn't think of this until I saw you all saying it, but it's definitely a reasonable guess. There is always one band from that group and it makes sense to toss them in the rotation.

Lana: She herself has said to watch out for festival dates, we've already seen her appear on Hangout Fest. Came to Aragon in November, so presumably her next show will be a bigger one. I still don't think she's a top 4, but makes sense to toss in as a Bud Light headliner.

Bassnectar: could be a different EDM act, but for some reason this just makes sense to me.

Lizzo: I don't think the question is if Lizzo plays Lolla, I think it's if she's a headliner. I could see her slipping into that #1 outside of the headliners spot Kacey was in last year, but I think with a pricy top 3, Lizzo gets the nod.

Halsey: history at Lolla, and gearing up for a big 2020. We see her at Allstate in May and Bud Light stage for Lolla.

17. Rusty_Shackleford

Regular

I wonder with Toyota Park now vacant if Rage decides to use that location with several opening acts versus Lollapalooza.

18. Cmoney86

Trusted

apparently toyota park is a bitch to book and has a lot of restrictions or something. thats why coa isnt back next year and was gone last year.

19. Rusty_Shackleford

Regular

I've heard rumblings that DWP are a real pain in the ass to work with though. Maybe a little of A and a little of B?

20. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

If they are going to do their own thing I hope it's literally anywhere besides Toyota Park.

21. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

Anywhere but Toyota Park or Tinley Park and I will be satisfied.

22. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

I understand not wanting Tinley because it's still a pain in the ass, but I'd much rather it even there than Toyota. I at least have fun at Tinley, I enjoy hanging in the lawn and stuff, but Toyota is a weird venue and horribly located. I'd also rather Tinley than Allstate because both are equally a pain really, but at least parking is free at Tinley.

23. Cmoney86

Trusted

coachella 2020 Lineup: Travis Scott, Frank Ocean and Rage Against the Machine Will Headline

24. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

25. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

Let's discuss the lineup more. Who do y'all think will be the top 4 (or top 8)? Will Lizzo get a headlining/closing spot or will she sub for someone?