Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Lollapalooza 2021 Tour • Page 2

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by ItsAndrew, Nov 13, 2019.

1. ALT/MSC/FAN

It's chaos. Be kind. Prestigious

Rage Against the Machine / Red Hot Chili Peppers / Billie Eilish / Lizzo
    Vampire Weekend / Lana Del Ray / Miley Cyrus / Bassnectar

Any issues with that?

2. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

Vampire Weekend headlined in 2018 so they are out, and if they are playing Chicago at all in 2020 will probably play Pitchfork. Lana could play Pitchfork too. Otherwise, I think that is a solid guess. It's basically a toss up whether RATM or MCR are playing though but if it is RATM they will definitely be the overall number one headliner.

ALT/MSC/FAN likes this.
  3. mattfreaksmeout Jan 7, 2020
    (Last edited: Jan 8, 2020)
    mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

I think Miley is first name under headliners (Kacey Musgraves spot on the poster last year). She’ll play Saturday at 6:30 (or whatever it was) like Lil Wayne did last year. Also think Lizzo is still Bud Light.

South Stage: Rage Against the Machine - Kendrick Lamar - Billie Eilish - Lana Del Rey
    Bud Light: Lizzo - Black Keys - Cardi B - Bassnectar

I feel strongly about all of that except Black Keys and Cardi B. And am not completely sure they put Lana top 4, but definitely possible. Alternates: Halsey, Stevie Nicks, Bad Bunny, Disclosure

First line or two after headliners: Miley Cyrus, DaBaby, Anderson .Paak, Rezz (leaning towards North Coast though), Dillon Francis, Megan Thee Stallion, Kali Uchis, A Day To Remember

4. bkaeser93

Trusted

I’m all for ADTR to do Lola but I honestly don’t think they are looking for that crowd. Yea All Time Low and BMTH have played it. But I feel ADTR is way more Riot then Lola.

5. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

They’re just on a lot of the international lineups, which doesn’t always mean anything but sometimes it does. Like I think BMTH was on a lot of international ones before playing last year.

6. josh-

Twitter: @joshcaraballin

Lolla is a better fit for them at this point.
    They’re a good token rock act with wide appeal.

7. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

Okay so I'm listening to RATM again and since I can't go to Riot Fest this year I need them to play Lolla (if they aren't doing a solo show here). I need MCR to play Lolla too (if they also aren't doing a solo show) so I can catch them both. If the user on efestivals is correct, MCR is headlining Lolla.

8. Frobert

Regular

What about The 1975? It seems likely that they will be on this year's bill. Second-liner?

9. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

That is a good question. I do really think we'll see them this year (was surprised we didn't last year). Are they Bud Light headliners? Or do they get the main stage support slot. They were support for Lana on Bud Light last time. Genuinely not sure, but I lean more towards main stage support based on their Bonnaroo placement.

10. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

According to the Lolla subreddit someone said (with proof they verified to one of the moderators) they are playing this year.

11. Frobert

Regular

They're supposed to be releasing North American tour dates in the near future so I guess we'll know for sure then. I'm still hoping they'll do a headliner at the United Center in Spring along with a Lolla appearance.

12. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Well that will definitely not happen. If they play in the Spring and they play Lolla, the spring venue would have to be somewhere smaller, but since they just did Aragon, I honestly think it's Lolla or headlining this year. I don't think we get both.

13. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

They already played the United Center last year. I was not there and don’t know how well it was attended but I just can’t see them playing there again so soon. I feel like that only works with certain artists like Billie Eilish (who wasn’t even supposed to play the United Center the first time she played there)

14. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

It was well attended for sure, like it was a full room, but there were empty seats and I don't think they can do it everytime they come. Even Aragon didn't sell out immediately in December.

15. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

I could see them doing Lolla this year over Wrigley Field.

16. Cmoney86

Trusted

No Chicago on the rumored list of Pearl Jam dates and it’s a March April tour so my guess is they are on lolla

17. Cmoney86

Trusted

lol i could go 3/4 with my original list of headliners cuz someone has said foo fighters are on it. then ratm got back together and will prolly be on this over riot and no chicago date for pearl jam us tour so that prolly puts them on this. mcr being the 4th headliner is very possible

18. Cmoney86

Trusted

announced dates for pearl jam are only leg one of their north American tour so it dose not mean they are a lock for lolla. they could still end up playing Wrigley or elsewhere

19. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

MCR being at Riot basically guarantees Rage will be at Lolla.

20. Cmoney86

Trusted

i would love for it to be foo pj and rage. it can happen. the under card might suck but idc them 3 alone is worth it

21. Cmoney86

Trusted

so with rage being out who are peoples guesses now?? im sticking with pearl jam and foo fighters. i think billie could be number 3 number 4 could be a toss up between post kendrick or some edm artist or someone who has new music coming out. i think lizzo will be a sub

22. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

Since Lizzo is headlining Bonnaroo she has to be a headliner at Lolla. I think we will get either Foo Fighters or Pearl Jam (I’m not convinced we get both in one year). Billie is a toss up due to her show here in March although it did sell out super quickly. Kendrick very well could be playing. The 1975 are very likely playing. I’ll add more as I think of who may be playing.

23. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

This is the prediction I posted on Reddit:

Kendrick Lamar - Post Malone - Billie Eilish - The Black Keys
    Lizzo - Lana Del Rey - Bad Bunny - Bassnectar

Top line of undercard: Miley Cyrus - The 1975 - Anderson .Paak - DaBaby

24. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

Lizzo #5? She's headlining (Saturday) Bonnaroo. I feel like she has to be top 4 if she's that high there.

Also, Billie is bigger than Post Malone IMHO.

25. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

Any thoughts on the Killers? With a new album apparently coming out by summer, they feel pretty likely...