Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Lollapalooza 2019 Tour • Page 5

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by ItsAndrew, Dec 20, 2018.

1. you vandal

Regular

Hoping for a Strokes after show at the Metro.

Skipped Lolla altogether last year and just went to the National and Vampire Weekend after shows. Worked out much better for me.

Jim likes this.
  2. bradpetrik

Trusted Prestigious

I did The National last year. Buying the Friday ticket was me ensuring something that weekend before the after shows. I would take a Strokes after show without a doubt.

3. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Stoked Friday and Saturday got mainly everything I wanted to see

ComplexDivide7 likes this.
  4. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

There acts I want to see every day but I don’t know if I can justify a 4 day pass since some acts I will want to see will probably be during the day on Thursday/Friday when I will be at work.

I know everyone has different acts they want to see, but I feel they could have put more similar acts on the same day. Like put more of the singer-songwriter women on the same day (Kacey, Maggie, Jade Bird, Japanese Breakfast, Beach Bunny, etc.) instead of have those all spread out.

5. ComplexDivide7

Got my Friday

6. Jim

Trusted Supporter

Got a Thursday for the strokes but man what an awful rest of the day

7. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Friday and Sunday are both really really good.

Friday has: Janelle (presumably into) Childish Gambino which is going to be so awesome. Also Tierra Whack, Bring Me the Horizon, Maggie Rogers, Boy Pablo and Sigrid who I'm all really excited for. On top of that I'd like to see Omar Apollo, Against the Current, Tessa Violet, and Japanese Breakfast. Not even considering Tame Impala going against Childish (and probably Death Cab going against Janelle), the conflicts are going to be brutal.

Sunday will probably give me the gift of Kacey Musgraves into Ariana Grande and I'm going to lose it. Also has Mitski, as well as some others I'd like to see: San Holo, Roaslia, JID, Sharon Van Etten, Joji, Sandy Alex G.

At first I was more excited for Saturday than Thursday, but looking at it closer, I'm just more excited because of twenty one pilots. Thursday's got Hozier, HER, Fitz, FKJ, Saba, Normani, Hayley Kiyoko, and Beach Bunny which should all be fun. Saturday has Lil Wayne, Smino, Pink Sweat$, and Ruston Kelley but nothing that has me quite as hyped.

Fronnyfron likes this.
  8. Cmoney86

Trusted

Schedule coming tomorrow in the lolla app

9. bradpetrik

Trusted Prestigious

The Saturday schedule is fucking rough for me. Janelle Monae and Death Cab overlapping is painful.

10. ALT/MSC/FAN

It's chaos. Be kind. Prestigious

Surprisingly, there isn't a single conflict on Sunday sooooooooo I might look into going for Kacey Musgraves, while also seeing Ariana, Denzel, Joji, J.I.D., etc.

11. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

My biggest issues are BMTH vs. Childish vs. Tame Impala. One of those festival situations where I may end up at the artist I listen to the least (Childish) because I’ve seen both the others multiple times. I also may split the time between Childish and BMTH or even just go full BMTH. Idk we’ll see I guess may just see how I’m feeling that day.

And then I’m also mad Mitski is smushed between Kacey and Ariana cus it’s gonna make finding my spot for Ariana harder but i won’t miss Mitski so.

12. ALT/MSC/FAN

It's chaos. Be kind. Prestigious

If you’ve never seen Childish, skipping him for BMTH would be a mistake. And I really like BMTH.

13. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

No I know lol I just wish they didn’t always get stuck closing out side stages at these fears, cus it happens at Riot too.

ALT/MSC/FAN likes this.
  14. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

15. ItsAndrew May 22, 2019
    (Last edited: May 23, 2019)
    ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

Looks like aftershows are being announced tomorrow or very soon. Lincoln Hall aftershows were leaked and are:

7/31: Lennon Stella
    8/1: Idles/A Place To Bury Strangers
    8/2: Japanese Breakfast
    8/3: Sharon Van Etten/DEHD

16. atlas

Trusted

Beach Bunny are on a v cool aftershow with an artist on the top 1/4th of the card

Ben Buchnat and maryp1603 like this.
  17. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

I sent you a message!

18. maryp1603

Hey. Supporter

This has me HYPE.

19. Phil507

Resident NYC snob Supporter

20. Cmoney86

Trusted

aftershows coming tuesday

21. Cmoney86

Trusted

lol19-aftershows-grid-v11-8fcb2e3f.jpg

22. MexicanGuitars

Chorus’ Expert on OTIP Track #8 Supporter

J Brekkie at Lincoln Hall looks absolutely dope. Also Arkells would be a good one

ItsAndrew likes this.
  23. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Might come in a day early now for that BMTH show

mattfreaksmeout likes this.
  24. Death Cab/Beach Bunny at the Metro is so awesome.

25. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

I’m going to try and get tickets to that. They’re $46 before fees but I don’t even care.