Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Lollapalooza 2019 Tour

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by ItsAndrew, Dec 20, 2018.

1. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

Who do we think is going to headline Lollapalooza in 2019?

2. Daniel182

Let's hold our breath until we disappear

While maybe not a top 4 headliner, I'm hoping The 1975 will be on this year.

3. ALT/MSC/FAN

It's chaos. Be kind. Prestigious

The Raconteurs and The Strokes seem to be planning big reunions next year.

4. Rusty_Shackleford

Regular

Foo Fighters / Childish Gambino / Twenty One Pilots / Imagine Dragons
    ??? / Kygo / Tame Impala / The 1975

I'd be surprised if Racs or The Strokes are on the bill. Lolla is doing it's best to distance itself more and more every year from traditional indie rock or any act who plays an instrument and was popular before 2005. With that, throw Foos on there as that lone act, albeit one that the kids seem to like.

I'll then throw Pearl Jam on the ACL bill, The Strokes on Pitchfork's as their #1 and maybe The Racs go Riot Fest OOOOOR maybe an awesome Aragon show followed by one of the big fests in 2020.

5. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

I really think and hope twenty one pilots will be on the top line. I also think Florence + the Machine is very likely.

I think they may book Kanye but who knows. Kendrick Lamar, Childish Gambino, and Frank Ocean all seem like a possibility. Kendrick in particular is way overdue for a Lolla appearance. I think we'll see Cardi B booked this year as well.

Tame Impala seems like a strong possibility for a Bud Light headliner. I'd be ecstatic if they booked Alabama Shakes, but I have no idea if they're looking at a comeback next year or not. I can't decide on The 1975 cus they have a Europe show August 6, and a Europe show July 26, but if they come over to do like Lolla and Osheaga it's not impossible. If LSD does festivals next year (the Labrinth, Sia, Diplo group), I could see them as a Bud Light headliner.

I wouldn't be shocked to see Panic! at the Disco play if they are on Bud Light, but I don't think they'd put Panic! and twenty one pilots both in the top 4. I also think one of these years we are due for a Fall Out Boy appearance.

Lana Del Rey could be back in play next year, but I'm not sure they'd have her back already since she played in 2016 and hasn't necessarily gotten more popular.

I'd love to see Lady Gaga play, but I don't know how likely it is. Ariana Grande or Rihanna also seem like possible pop stars they might go for.

Not necessarily headliners, but I'd love to see them add Janelle Monae or Kacey Musgraves (although either could also go to Pitchfork so who knows). I suspect we'll see both of them make strong festival pushes next year.

My best guess at a top 8:

Kanye West / Foo Fighters (or other rock act) / twenty one pilots / Florence + the Machine
    Panic! at the Disco / Cardi B / Tame Impala / LSD

6. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

Tame Impala headlined Pitchfork this year, no way they headline Lollapalooza. The others I can see though.

7. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Headlining Bud Light is possible. Bud Light often has smaller headliners. LCD Soundsystem went from headlining top 4 Lolla to headlining Pitchfork the next year (granted they had more hype from the reunion at Lolla). Also Tame headlined Pitchfork at the tale end of what has been a very long album cycle. Presumably, they will be releasing a new album this summer which will have a ton of hype and push them to the top 8.

Fronnyfron likes this.
  8. Fronnyfron

Woke Up Right Handed Prestigious

Yeah, Tame Impala headlined Panorama in 2017, a bigger festival than P4K. They could def do it

9. Rusty_Shackleford

Regular

Not being snarky I promise! But, does the Coachella lineup drop change your mind on Tame?

Emokid79 likes this.
  10. Cmoney86

Trusted

foo fighters eminem

11. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

Late reply, but it does because I did not think they were THAT popular.

Rusty_Shackleford likes this.
  12. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

13. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Ok so if true, that's really exciting, but also kind of makes me mad she's at Coachella now cus that would've been a sick exclusive headliner and now she'll probably do something special for the Coachella show and Lolla will just be business as usual.

That being said this will be legendary.

ItsAndrew likes this.
  14. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

It’s true. Lollapalooza had her booked before Coachella but then when Kanye backed out of Coachella she was the replacement.

mattfreaksmeout likes this.
  15. Daniel182

I'm beginning to think The 1975 is out based on some of their newly announced dates. It is still possible, but it doesn't fit their routing at all.

7/29 - Russia
    7/30 - Russia
    8/1 - Ukraine
    8/1-8/4 - Lollapalooza
    8/6 - Lithuania
    8/8 - Hungary

16. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Yea there’s no way they are playing that would make no sense. I’ve been thinking lately there is an outside chance they play Pitchfork, but it may be too close to their United Center show.

17. Daniel182

Unfortunately, I don't think that is possible either based on their dates.

7/18 - Portugal
    7/19 - 7/21 - they play at a fest in Spain one of these days
    7/20 - 7/22 - Pitchfork
    7/26 - Latvia

18. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Well shit...

19. Cmoney86

Trusted

52829713_340468366563971_6603279662300790784_n.jpg chevelle is playing

JaggySnake83 likes this.
  20. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

Kanye would be a cool headliner but after the Coachella fiasco I doubt he is playing. I’m still holding out hope Daft Punk will play again, forever bummed I missed them play in 2007.

21. Rusty_Shackleford

Regular

I'm on the same side regarding Daft Punk (although I did see them sans masks in 1997). I don't think they're honestly ever playing again unless it's for some future Live Aid. Kanye from what I've heard has been booked TWICE by Lolla since 2008 and both fell through. Always thought it was just loose rumors but the Coachella stuff has me thinking there was lots of fire to that smoke.

22. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

I can't see why a festival would book Kanye in 2019? How could you trust that he gets through his whole set without sabotaging it? No one wants to go to Lolla and then see Kanye rant for 20 minutes about Trump or wtf else he wants to talk to about. I can't see him getting booked again until he does his own tour without incident.

23. RogrStahlback

Trusted Supporter

When are they announcing the lineup?

24. ALT/MSC/FAN

It's chaos. Be kind. Prestigious

It’s usually out in mid-March.

JaggySnake83 likes this.
  25. Steve_JustAGuy Mar 11, 2019
    (Last edited: Mar 11, 2019)
    Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

Would have bet money on Lumineers being there, but with them being announced for Piqniq I guess I was wrong, unless the radius clause isn't what it once was.