Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Lollapalooza 2017 Festival • Page 8

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by kidinthebushes, Nov 14, 2016.

1. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Both are roughly that size. Lincoln Hall might be slightly smaller (but it's kind of hard to tell cus there's a balcony too), but Bottom Lounge is pretty small too. Both are pretty cool venues. Lincoln Hall might be my favorite in the city.

cubsml34 likes this.
  2. MexicanGuitars

Chorus’ Expert on OTIP Track #8 Supporter

I think Lincoln Hall might be the consensus favorite venue. Great sound and location, good atmosphere and sightlines in the venue portion, clean, and they run some good drink specials during the week thanks to that Heineken sponsorship. Plus they team up with Audiotree for those live sessions.

mattfreaksmeout likes this.
  3. Daniel182

Let's hold our breath until we disappear

I was really expecting/hoping for a Charli XCX aftershow.

4. natefoundglory

Trusted Supporter

Andrew McMahon at the BLounge sounds fantastic

joe.boy.fresh. likes this.
  5. swboyd

are we still lucky to be here? Prestigious

Got tickets for the PUP aftershow at the Empty Bottle. This will definitely be the only Lollapalooza related thing I attend this year.

cubsml34 likes this.
  6. MexicanGuitars

Chorus’ Expert on OTIP Track #8 Supporter

Hell yeah. I still can't justify getting tickets to something that far out with my job search ongoing. Seeing them back to back nights last year though is still tying me over

7. Jim

Trusted Supporter

I snagged Spoon, Pup and car seat headrest after show tickets.

swboyd, cubsml34 and Daniel182 like this.
  8. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

The Killers were announced for a show the Wednesday night before Lolla. Now I'm considering if I want to go to that so I can see blink at Lolla. But I still kind of want to see the Killers in the festival setting, so I'm torn right now. (Kind of surprised Lolla is letting them do this show though to be honest).

9. Ben Buchnat

Whatever. Forever.

Where at? Also my guess is that maybe the show was already planned and the Killers were a 12th hour addition to the lineup.

10. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

It's in Milwaukee, and it's the night before Lolla, so that seems like way too much of a coincidence that they had a random show planned in Milwaukee that's not a part of a bigger tour (unless it is part of a bigger tour that hasn't been announced in full). Either way I probably will go. I'd love to see them in a smaller venue.

11. Cmoney86

Trusted

the killers show was just announced yesterday and its at the rave/eagles ballroom tickets on sale friday and they are expecting them to go fast

12. Cmoney86

Trusted

The killers show at the rave Is sold out. It was sold out by 1030

13. Daniel182

Let's hold our breath until we disappear

Pretty much what I expected.

14. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

I got tickets to the Rave. I couldn't resist seeing them in a much smaller setting. But now it's ripped open my internal blink vs. the Killers debate. Still feel like blink may have a show at the Metro too, so we'll see what happens.

15. Cmoney86

Trusted

$75 plus fees is way to much for one band and at the rave

joe.boy.fresh. likes this.
  16. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Eh I've been wanting to see the Killers for a very long time, I have friends I want to see them with that can't go to Lolla, and I'm sure their touring next year will be much bigger venues than the Rave. It's a pretty fair price imo.

17. Cmoney86

Trusted

How is 75 a fair price for one band? When you pay 110 for single days to Lolla plus most shows at the rave are $15-40 I've never seen a show that high there. I don't think I've ever seen a show that much for house of blues or the riv or Aragon in Chicago

18. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

I mean you have to factor in the size of the band compared to the venue they're playing as well. I never really expected that this would cost less than $60 at a minimum. The Killers are headlining Lollapalooza 2 days later, but they're playing to a 5,000 cap room here. Of course it's going to cost more. I understand if it's more than is worth paying for you on a personal level, but I don't think there's anything unusual about it.

thisisnotbrianm likes this.
  19. Behind the Barricade

https://www.behindthecade.com

To see an arena sized band in a club setting, $75 is a steal (depending on who it is). I got $65 tickets to see Green Day at a 2,000 person club and it was money well spent!

20. Cmoney86

Trusted

All I'm saying is I wouldn't pay that much to see any band by them selves

21. Cmoney86

Trusted

Metra is offering $10 Thursday Friday unlimited rides after 930 am and $8 weekend unlimited rides

22. Ben Buchnat

Whatever. Forever.

If I didn't already need a monthly pass for work, that's not a bad deal.

23. Jim

Trusted Supporter

HOLY SHIT

Daniel182 likes this.
  24. Kellan

@kellanthomas Prestigious

Oh man, now I gotta try to get tickets to that...it's going to sell out so fast

25. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

This is going to be such a stressful experience. I hope so bad that I can get tickets but I'm not going to hold my breath.