Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Lollapalooza 2017 Festival • Page 7

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by kidinthebushes, Nov 14, 2016.

1. cricketandclover

Things have changed.

Andrew McMahon vs. Ryan Adams is painful.

2. cricketandclover

Things have changed.

Friday: The Frights --> PUP --> Cloud Nothings --> Tegan & Sara (partial) --> Andrew McMahon --> Foster The People --> Blink

3. kidinthebushes

Trusted

Hopefully the after shows are good.

4. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

That one is going to have to be a pragmatic decision for me. Since Andrew is already playing at the stage right by where run the Jewels will be. But I'm bummed about Ryan Adams.

5. Frobert

Regular

75 minutes seems so weak for the headliners. Has it been like that for a while now? I remember Green Day played for over 2 hours back in 2010. Their set was like 29 or 30 songs long. I was really hoping Blink would pull out some deeper cuts but now there is absolutely zero chance of that happening. They'll barely have enough time to play the hits.

6. kidinthebushes

Trusted

I'd expect them to play only hits and nothing but hits at Lollapalooza.

7. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

For what it's worth, on the pdf version of the schedule, the headliners on the main (Grant Park) stage don't have a listed end time, it just says the time they start:
    https://www.lollapalooza.com/wp-www-lollapalooza-com/wp/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/LOL17-Grid.pdf

Not sure if that actually means anything or not. But blink is definitely scheduled to end at 10. To be honest though, I don't think they ever really play longer than 1:15, even at their own headlining shows.

8. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

I think they stagger the end times for crowd control, with Grant Park getting a tad longer. But they do have a pretty strict curfew, they cut Metallica's mics out a few years back because they went long.

mattfreaksmeout likes this.
  9. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Yea it'll be interesting, but they've never labeled the headliners like that and with most of them getting shorter sets, it does make me wonder if they somehow worked it out with the city, although that does seem a little too good to be true, so who knows. Muse only having an hour and fifteen just makes me want to go to Lorde because it really doesn't even seem worth it at that point.

10. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

Cage the Elephant getting 1:15 is probably to blame on the Muse front. But Cage has always gotten a good response at Lolla so I get it.

11. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

That could go either way though. They may have given Cage more time because Muse is allowed to play later, or they may have given Muse less because Cage is playing more. It's the same on Saturday with alt-J getting 1:15, but Chance still has 1:30. Who knows, an extra 15 minutes isn't the end of the world anyway. I only really care when it comes to the Killers. And Cage will be incredible I'm sure!

12. estacey99

Oh yeah, oh yeah, everything is terrible.

aftershows announcement this Tuesday

Daniel182 likes this.
  13. Daniel182

Let's hold our breath until we disappear

Would love to see blink-182, Lorde, The xx, or Charli XCX.

14. ALT/MSC/FAN

It's chaos. Be kind. Prestigious

Anyone ever gone just for aftershows? If there are some good ones that weekend I wouldn't be opposed to doing a couple.

15. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

I went to see Bleachers play an aftershow in 2014. Fun way to be able to be a part of the weekend even if you can't go to the full festival.

16. atlas

Trusted

Banks is doing an aftershow at The Vic on August 4. I don't think they were supposed to tell anyone yet because she posted and then deleted it lol.

17. MexicanGuitars

Chorus’ Expert on OTIP Track #8 Supporter

Pup at the Empty Bottle, Madonn!

Jim likes this.
  18. Jim

Trusted Supporter

We may disagree on sports teams but PUP at empty bottle is the correct answer here.

cubsml34 likes this.
  19. Frobert

Regular

I'm surprised there aren't any bigger aftershows being held at the Aragon.

mattfreaksmeout likes this.
  20. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

I'll probably go to the Kaytranada pre-party on Wednesday. May hit up Grouplove or Car Seat Headrest show on Sunday. Whitney with kevin Devine would be fun, but I'd probably be late to Kevin and he'll probably play a shorter show than his actual lolla set so I'll probably pass on that. May also go to Ryan Adams since I can't see him at the actual festival, although Pup will be by too, so I'm torn but I need to be careful to not do too many or I'll be dead by Sunday haha

21. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

22. ALT/MSC/FAN

Really want to make a weekend out of the aftershows. I'd love to do Andrew McMahon and Car Seat Headrest then go home on Sunday.

joe.boy.fresh. likes this.
  23. joe.boy.fresh.

Trusted

The venue is tiny too. About 700 cap!

24. ALT/MSC/FAN