Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Lollapalooza 2017 Festival • Page 6

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by kidinthebushes, Nov 14, 2016.

1. Cmoney86

Trusted

schedule out may 9th

Daniel182 likes this.
  2. cricketandclover

Things have changed.

Queue the consternation if Blink and the Killers end up conflicting.

Ben Buchnat likes this.
  3. Daniel182

Let's hold our breath until we disappear

This is my biggest fear.

4. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

I don't know if it's just wishful thinking, but I really don't think it'll happen. It would just push everyone who doesn't like rock music to Perry's, which is not a stage that can handle that many people. I truly think that Dj Snake closes Bud Light, blink subs for the Killers on Samsung, and Run the Jewels closes Perrys (Which still sucks because I really wanted to see them).

5. cricketandclover

Things have changed.

I think it IS wishful thinking.

"Hey Blink, we contracted you to headline, but because the other headliner dropped out, we'd like to move you from your headliner spot."

"Oh, ok."

Headlining a festival like this is a HUGE deal to a band, so unless they got paid a ton more money to give up their headlining spot, I just don't see it happening. Maybe I'm wrong. We will see on Tuesday.

6. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Blink vs Killers vs RTJ would be too shitty. But since I've never seen The Killers I feel like that'd be my go to, although skipping Blink would be very hard

7. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Well if blink closes bud light, then Dj Snake would close perrys no question, so all 3 won't play at once.

I guess I'm just not convinced that they were guaranteed a closing spot. I also think they'll get the same amount of time either way (an hour and fifteen), and they'd arguably play to a bigger or the same crowd if they open for the killers. Blink is trying to re-prove themselves to people who are less sold on the Skiba thing. If they play bud light, they'll just be preaching to the choir. They also have less to gain from their show being at night time than RTJ and Dj Snake (does any one really care whether they see blink in the dark or during the day - I might actually prefer the day)

I like to think I've thought this through, but I do agree I may just be in denial (so just let me have this until Tuesday )

Ben Buchnat likes this.
  8. Ben Buchnat

Whatever. Forever.

If the money and time are basically the same, blink rarely plays longer than an hour and 15 anyway, I think they would want to sub. In terms of crowd, that would be blink's best move.

mattfreaksmeout likes this.
  9. manoverboard365

Trusted

I'll put all my money on Blink closing the Bud Light Stage against the Killers.

Jim likes this.
  10. cricketandclover

Things have changed.

It's certainly interesting given the replacement headliner they found for the Weeknd. Clearly the original plan was to have Blink closing Bud Light against the Weeknd on Samsung.

Not an enviable spot for the Lolla organizers for sure.

11. cricketandclover

Things have changed.

I would actually prefer splitting them up, since the crowd at Blink would be way smaller and I already saw the Killers at Lolla in 2013. But I wouldn't hate being able to see both.

12. Cmoney86

Trusted

10am central time tomorrow for the schedule

mattfreaksmeout and Daniel182 like this.
  13. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

The moment of truth on this blink/killers nonsense...

14. cricketandclover

Things have changed.

15. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Damn that's rough

16. Daniel182

Let's hold our breath until we disappear

blink-182 vs. The Killers is such a bummer.

17. Behind the Barricade

https://www.behindthecade.com

I knew this was going to happen but The XX vs a Chicago Chance set is unfortunate.

18. Jim

Trusted Supporter

yeah the xx vs mac and chance is the only real conflict that bums me out. the xx it is.

19. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

I really had myself convinced blink and the killers wouldn't play at the same time. Oh well. I'll definitely choose the Killers since I've never seen them. I'll try to find a blink show to travel to this year or maybe they'll do an aftershow. The whole schedule seems sloppy this year. I'm also a little bummed the killers only get 1:15. Seems like they should at least get 1:30.

20. heymattrick

Pool Boy at the Vampire Mansion

I would honestly die if I had to choose between Blink and The Killers if I had already planned my trip...

21. cricketandclover

Things have changed.

Super happy about the conflict (sorry... :teethsmile:)

That's a bummer for everyone who will have to choose, though.

22. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

I was already on the fence about Muse vs. Lorde. With Muse only getting 1:15, and Kaytranada playing right up to 8:45 at the stage closer to Lorde, and Lorde probably being a little less packed then Muse, I think I'm actually going from Cage the Elephant -> Katyranada -> Lorde.

Also Run the Jewels -> the Killers is going to be amazing and at least a little bit makes up for the blink conflict.

23. manoverboard365

Trusted

Damn I wish I was going, schedule works out pretty well for me. Only conflict is xx vs. chance. Also Sunday is pretty empty.

THURSDAY - Liam Gallagher - Cage the Elephant - Spoon - Muse.
    FRIDAY - Moose Blood - Tegan & Sara - Ryan Adams - Foster the People - Blink 182
    SATURDAY - Warpaint - Royal Blood - Alt J - Banks - Chance
    SUNDAY - Charli XCX - The Shins - Arcade Fire

24. ALT/MSC/FAN

It's chaos. Be kind. Prestigious

The worst conflicts for me would be

The Killers vs Blink 182
    Car Seat Headrest vs Charli XCX
    Run the Jewels vs Foster the People
    Chance the Rapper vs Mac Demarco
    Arcade Fire vs Rae Sremmurd

25. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Right now I got:
    Thurs: Kevin Devine -> Temples -> Migos -> Cage the Elephant -> Kaytranada -> Lorde
    Fri: Pup -> Cloud Nothings -> end of the Pretty Reckless -> Phantogram -> Andrew McMahon/Ryan Adams? -> Run the Jewels -> the Killers
    Sat: The Japanese House -> Glass Animals -> Royal Blood -> alt-J -> Chance the Rapper
    Sun: Noname -> Car Seat Headrest -> Rag'n'Bone Man -> 6lack ->the Shins -> Grouplove -> Arcade Fire

Should be a good time. Seeing it set out like this actually makes me much more excited.

Worst conflicts for sure are Muse vs. Lorde, Grouplove vs. Joey Bada$$, Mac DeMarco vs. The XX vs. Chance, Foster the People vs. RTJ, and then you know the big one.