Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Lollapalooza 2017 Festival • Page 5

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by kidinthebushes, Nov 14, 2016.

1. manoverboard365

Trusted

This is the most impressive Lolla lineup in a long time. I'd love to go to Thursday and Friday.

Thursday: Muse, Lorde, Cage, Liam Gallagher, Spoon
    Friday: Blink, The Killers, Run the Jewels, Ryan Adams, Phantogram, Tegan & Sara, Andrew McMahon
    Saturday: Chance, The XX, Alt J, Head and the Heart, Banks, LIVE, Royal Blood, Warpaint, The Japanese House,
    Sunday: Arcade Fire, Big Sean, The Shins, Charli XCX, Car Seat Headrest

Damn that would be a fun weekend.

2. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Yea I know that seems the most likely. Last year though Future billed 2nd after Radiohead on their day, but Major Lazer ended up closing Bud Light, so it's not unprecedented. DJ Snake could close Bud Light. The only question is who would close Perry's then. I'm not going to hold my breath, but I'm not going to give up just yet. It just seems really weird to pit blink against the Killers.

3. Cmoney86

Trusted

Anyone have an extra Friday they are looking to get rid of. I over slept and by the time I woke up they where gone. I need one for the gf. She really wants to see blink

4. natefoundglory

Trusted Supporter

Welp haha.

5. ALT/MSC/FAN

It's chaos. Be kind. Prestigious

Thursday: Cage the Elephant, Liam Gallagher, Migos, Spoon, Kevin Devine

Friday: The Killers, Blink 182, Run the Jewels, Foster the People, Ryan Adams, Tegan & Sara, Crystal Castles, Andrew McMahon in the Wilderness, Majid Jordan, Cloud Nothings, PUP

Saturday: Chance the Rapper, Mac Demarco, Flint Eastwood

Sunday: Arcade Fire, Lil Yachty, Charli XCX, Car Seat Headrest

6. manoverboard365

Trusted

Oh didn't realize Future was billed 2nd on his day. That has to be the first the second billed act didnt close the north. As for the odd billing of killers vs. blink, I was hearing from pretty reputable sources that The Weeknd was originally set to headline and that The Killers were a kind of last minute grab. Would make sense if it was supposed to be Weeknd vs. Blink.

7. atlas

Trusted

I hope Banks does an aftershow. Been trying to see her for years but I'm not paying the price of a full day Lolla ticket to do so.

8. Daniel182

Let's hold our breath until we disappear

I'm hoping for a Charli XCX after show.

9. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Cloud Nothings and PUP would be a killer aftershow

10. cricketandclover Mar 22, 2017
    (Last edited: Mar 22, 2017)
    cricketandclover

Things have changed.

If the goal is to disperse crowds, they'll put Blink and the Killers up against each other. There will be a HUGE contingent who'd rather watch the Killers vs. RTJ or DJ Snake, and the other end of the park would be a total zoo.

I will be real pissed if they DON'T have the Killers and Blink separated.

11. Jason Tolpin

Trusted

Wow. Just wow.

12. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

That's pretty juicy, and I take back all my disappointment with The Killers.

13. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

I mean I don't think it'd be any different than putting Red Hot Chili Peppers against Disclosure. I can't think of a time in recent years when two rock acts have gone against each other on Bud Light and Samsung.

That being said, this was all before the story about the Weeknd came out, so if it was really that last minute, it makes more sense, although I still have to hope they'll rework the schedule a little. They have until June to figure it out with the Killers now, so I'm going to continue to hold on to hope, however little.

14. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

I guess my question is, what was The Weeknd's billing on the poster? Did C3 not have him headlining or something?

15. manoverboard365

Trusted

I bet he was pissed off at being billed below Chance. Just a guess.

16. manoverboard365

Trusted

When I went in 2010 Phoenix were up against Green Day and Arcade Fire were up against Soundgarden. Since then the only other ones I can think of are 2011's Coldplay vs. Muse and 2013's The Cure vs. Phoenix. But other than that they've been pretty good at keeping it rock vs. edm/hiphop

mattfreaksmeout likes this.
  17. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Also my guess

18. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

Seems likely, but I hope not. He's a "bigger" artist sure, but Chance is something special here in Chicago. Hell, he closed it out in 2014 to rave reviews. He was the easiest artist to pick out for a headlining set.

As for Abel, he was there in 2015 and was fine, I enjoyed the set, but two years later seems like a quick turnaround for him. Especially when he's headlining an arena here in May.

19. manoverboard365

Trusted

If anyone isn't convinced at how fickle The Weeknd is, remember this. Last year he was set to headline The Meadows festival, but cancelled a week before the fest once he found out he could do SNL that night. After much negotiations he agreed to play again but at an earlier time, that way he could do both the fest and SNL. He then cancelled AGAIN one day before the festival when he found out that this earlier set time he was given was still during daylight, refusing to play unless the sun was completely set. Unprofessional asshole in my eyes.

Jim and mattfreaksmeout like this.
  20. TSLROCKS

Trusted Supporter

Wow. Did not know that. I never really liked him but that's absolutely ridiculous

21. Behind the Barricade

https://www.behindthecade.com

Forgot all about that. Reminds me of the Kanye situation at Bonnaroo 08 was it?

22. radiodead

Trusted

Bought tickets for Sunday. I haven't been since I went all 3 days in 2008. Which in my opinion is still the gold standard of all Lolla lineups. That year was Radiohead, Kanye West, Rage Against the Machine, Wilco, Nine Inch Nails and The Raconteurs. Was forced to miss Wilco (one of my all time favorites, but a RAtM reunion I mean come on lol) and NiN but saw the other 4. An amazing weekend.

Sunday: Arcade Fire/Big Sean/The Shins/Rae Sremmurd/Noname/Charli XCX/Car Seat Headrest/Sampha

Also looking forward to maybe catching Tove Lo

23. kidinthebushes

Trusted

Last year's after shows were announced on 5/31. Hopefully blink does one.

24. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

That'd be awesome, especially if they do end up at the same time as The Killers

25. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Yea I'm pretty certain I won't be able to Blink, Killers, AND Run the Jewels, so I'm really hoping that I can see 2 at the festival and then the other one does an aftershow. Probably my best case would be blink -> the Killers with a RTJ aftershow. Although a blink aftershow would be amazing if they did something like LCD Soundsystem did last year and play at the Metro or somewhere.