Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Lollapalooza 2017 Festival • Page 4

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by kidinthebushes, Nov 14, 2016.

1. SPine

Trusted

This lineup is so good it's making me sad that I probably won't be there

2. TMS2787

Trusted

Very stacked line-up! I do wish I could go.

3. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

Last time they had a huge crowd. But I agree, seems uninspired, especially since they haven't had anything new since their last visit.

4. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Want to go Friday so bad

5. radiodead Mar 22, 2017
    (Last edited: Mar 22, 2017)
    radiodead

Trusted

I think I'm just getting old and crotchety but these recent lineups just don't do it for me. They always seem lack mid-high mid acts that make up the bulk of the day. Headliners are always fine for the most part. Chance on Saturday night would be great, unfortunately the rest of the day is incredibly weak. The other 3 days are all pretty equal. I'll probably get tickets for Sunday though as it looks like the best overall day. Arcade Fire/The Shins/Car Seat Headrest/Rae Sremmurd/Noname/Sampha/Charli XCX

Though a Friday of The Killers/Run the Jewels/Ryan Adams/PUP/Cloud Nothings is tempting

.....but i can only pick one. furck.

The xx would be cool too, but they're gonna be across from Chance, which basically erases them from the festival for me. If I could move Spoon to Friday or Sunday that would tip me over to buy. Thursday and Saturday way too thin. Friday and Sunday less thin...I'm about an act short from making the leap...

6. cricketandclover

Things have changed.

Got Friday tickets.

7. ALT/MSC/FAN

It's chaos. Be kind. Prestigious

I almost pulled the trigger on Friday tickets, but I just couldn't do it without having a plan/people to go with.

The other days are alright - there isn't enough (Sunday is close) for me to justify it. Might have to Stubhub them down the road.

8. kidinthebushes

Trusted

When do the after shows get announced?

9. cricketandclover

Things have changed.

kidinthebushes likes this.
  10. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

No luck on Friday tickets

11. Friday was sold out by the time I got through. Oh well, I don't think they're usually hard to come by secondhand later in the summer.

ALT/MSC/FAN likes this.
  12. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

They keep popping back up sporadically

13. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

So hyped that the Killers were added. Did not see that one coming at all and they are probably the #1 band I want to see live that I haven't. I just really really hope they don't play the same time as blink. Based on the poster, it looks like they would, but that doesn't always mean anything, so I'm really crossing my fingers for blink right into the Killers, which sounds almost too good to be true.

Really happy to see Kevin Devine and Pup on here, but why the hell out of all the pop punk bands that could play they got Moose Blood is beyond me, especially with recent events.

Also really excited for Arcade Fire and Chance of course. Muse vs. Lorde looks like a rough choice, but one that Muse will probably win. Hope I get to see Run the Jewels too. Rae Sremmurd, Migos, and Joey Bada$$ all sound like a good time too. Plenty of others I'd like to check out. Overall I'm really pleased.

14. ALT/MSC/FAN

It's chaos. Be kind. Prestigious

Moose Blood was booked probably months before that story broke.

15. cricketandclover

Things have changed.

Yeah, months and months.

16. kidinthebushes

Trusted

Recent events?

17. tomfrombrick

does lollapalooza get streamed live on youtube similar to coachella?

18. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Oh absolutely, and frankly, it's not even something Lolla promoters would be aware of either way. Still just kind of a bummer that of all bands, they're the ones getting the exposure now. I mean not even the Wonder Years have ever played Lolla I don't think. I'd even rather Real Friends, which would be cool since it'd be a hometown show. Even taking the story out of it, I still think it's a disappointing booking for pop punk.
    Not going to get in depth with it here, but essentially one of the members (the drummer I think) was sending unsolicited pictures and videos of a sensitive nature out to some fans.

ALT/MSC/FAN likes this.
  19. cricketandclover

Things have changed.

I don't think they sound like either of the bands you mentioned. They definitely lean less aggressive and more indie-rock than the Wonder Years or Real Friends, which is sorta why they make sense on Lolla.

kidinthebushes likes this.
  20. Yep, they live stream a lot of sets (not everything though).

tomfrombrick likes this.
  21. tomfrombrick

awesome thanks

22. Ben Buchnat

Whatever. Forever.

Got me a Friday ticket, very very excited.

mattfreaksmeout and Daniel182 like this.
  23. cricketandclover

Things have changed.

Friday is a great day. Pup, Jesse Malin, Tegan and Sara, Ryan Adams, Andrew McMahon, Phantogram, Run the Jewels, Blink, The Killers, Cage the Elephant. Woooooo

24. Daniel182

Let's hold our breath until we disappear

Cage the Elephant is Thursday. :(

25. manoverboard365

Trusted

Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but The Killers will most likely close the South stage and Blink the North.