Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Lollapalooza 2017 Festival • Page 16

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by kidinthebushes, Nov 14, 2016.

1. Cmoney86

Trusted

so i just noticed vic mensa is playing riot fest kinda crazy hes playing both lolla and riot i know the lolla was only 3 songs 15 min special appearance and the 2 songs he did with chance but still never would have guessed hed play both

2. radiodead

Trusted

On a different note I was super disappointed in Car Seat Headrest. It was one of my most anticipated sets and calling it underwhelming would be a huge understatement. The sound was god awful. It was a very quiet wall of noise. Everything was completely lost outside. Horrible. Not sure if they are to blame or the sound guys. But my word.

3. Jim

Trusted Supporter

Arcade fire was easily the best this weekend.

mattfreaksmeout and radiodead like this.
  4. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

Missed Arcade Fire on the stream, but of the bands I saw, Cage The Elephant were easily the most impressive. I can't get over how much I liked them after ignoring them for so long.

5. ALT/MSC/FAN

It's chaos. Be kind. Prestigious

Not sure if this was well-known or not, but apparently The Killers were added as a last minute replacement for The Weeknd.

6. AMusial625

Regular

Yea, apparently The Weeknd refused to play if he was billed after Chance on the poster. Pretty petty considering the money he would have made.

7. Daniel182

Let's hold our breath until we disappear

Yeah. The Weeknd vs. blink-182 would have made much more sense as a set time conflict.

8. Jim

Trusted Supporter

back at work today. this is seriously not fun.

mattfreaksmeout likes this.
  9. Drewski

Maybe so, maybe not.

Wasn't there, but had read this: Car Seat Headrest Played One Of The Best Sets At Lollapalooza 2017

10. Kellan

@kellanthomas Prestigious

It's all anecdotal, but I read online that a lot of people had issues with the sound quality. I left after one song. It apparently got better as the set went on, but there were definitely issues with the mixing.

11. Jim

Trusted Supporter

I actually got to go in the VIP section of the stage and watch Car Seat from there. It was pretty cool. I came down for the last song and it sounded fine to me.

12. radiodead

Trusted

Yea idk. We were all standing looking at each other like wtf is going. It was not only one of the worst sets of the weekend but one of the worst live shows I had seen in some time. I would agree the sound got better as the set went on but by this time they were already 6-7 songs in. It was insanely disappointing considering I think their last record is incredible. I'm sure I'll see them again and they will change my mind no doubt.

13. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

I heard Care Seat Headrest was also awful in Cleveland a few days before and that's coming from big fans of the band

14. SPine

Trusted

Glad I sold my ticket for that then

JaytotheGee likes this.
  15. Jim

Trusted Supporter

I just asked my gf and friends that came to their aftershow with me and then saw them again at lolla, agreed the sound wasnt that good at the beginning. their awfter show ruled tho.

16. marceting

Trusted

Any idea of when 2018 line up will be announced?

17. cricketandclover

Things have changed.

Last year was March 22. Around that time.

marceting likes this.
  18. Kellan

@kellanthomas Prestigious

Hoping that whatever store I'm managing this summer isn't close to Grant Park, because I've heard that businesses down there often have to hire external security for the weekend, and if we are busy then there is no way I could manage to get all four days off.

19. manoverboard365

Trusted

I'm hearing Arctic Monkeys are gonna be one of the headliners. If so I may fly out and get a day pass while visiting friends, cuz theres no way I'm going anywhere near the frat fest Firefly.

20. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Well I mean Lolla is also a frat fest, but yea Arctic Monkeys are very likely, as well as Jack White and The Weeknd. And Vampire Weekend and probably Travis Scott. (That's all from reddit haha)

21. Jim

Trusted Supporter

I think the weeknd burned that bridge forever after last year.

I'd guess Monks, Eminem and White are locks at this point.