Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Lollapalooza 2017 Festival • Page 13

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by kidinthebushes, Nov 14, 2016.

1. Kellan

@kellanthomas Prestigious

I am fucking livid

2. skurt

Sleekest of beaks. So Good.

3. joe.boy.fresh.

Trusted

4. ALT/MSC/FAN

It's chaos. Be kind. Prestigious

The park is being evacuated right now due to the weather and the music isn't resuming. What an awful day for the people there.

5. ALT/MSC/FAN

Lorde made it through I think 5 songs?

6. MexicanGuitars

Chorus’ Expert on OTIP Track #8 Supporter

My friend who's been on the barricade since 12 for Muse is not gonna be happy lol

suicidesaints likes this.
  7. ALT/MSC/FAN

Lorde said on Twitter she's going to try and schedule a club show for this weekend.

8. Kellan

Waited years to see Lorde. Waited tonight, an hour in the pouring rain. Danced my heart out for three songs in the pouring rain. THEN they evacuate. Ugh.

What sucks is that I probably will miss out on tickets to a Lorde club show just like I did Blink and Foo.

9. Cmoney86

Trusted

Muse was fucking awesome for the 5 songs they played bullshit they evacuated

10. TSLROCKS

Trusted Supporter

Wow

11. radiodead

Trusted

Well sounds like a disaster of a day. Thursday was my 2nd choice. So I'm glad I went with Sunday.

12. TMS2787

Trusted

Sounds like a terrible day. I feel bad for you guys. :(. Hopefully tomorrow is better. I would be so bummed if I was there and two headliners got cut 3 and 5 songs into their sets. I just saw Muse the other night & it was mind blowing and Lorde is on my "top to see" list. Ugh. I'm assuming the festival will do nothing to compensate the missed sets. Was the rain really that bad?!

13. Kellan

It was pouring before and during Lorde. It let up and THEN they evacuated. But I think it was more about the lightning.

14. TMS2787

Trusted

Most likely. They'll let a show go on as it's just rain but once it starts lighting they run risks of issues. :/.

15. swboyd

are we still lucky to be here? Prestigious

With Chicago summer weather, you roll the dice and sometime ya lose. On the bright side, the PUP Empty Bottle show was dope tonight.

cubsml34 likes this.
  16. Cmoney86

Trusted

Outside of 3 songs from last nightblinks setlist is the exact same from the show last year

17. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

The evacuation actually worked out for me in the long run because it got me to the blink aftershow quicker and I was able to meet my friend there easier, but man what a bummer to be watching Lorde start so fantastically and then just get it yanked away. Didn't even get to any Melodrama songs except for the Green Light intro she does.

18. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

Sucks, sorry for everyone there. I got evacuated at lolla 2012 but it was earlier in the day and they let us back in eventually. GovBall last year we had the whole day cancelled including missing Kanye's set.

19. Colin Your Enthusiasm

It's nobody's battle but your own. Prestigious

Yeah he always brings it live. So fun to watch.

20. Kellan

Side note, I felt pretty unsafe evacuating late night. They were very unprepared for that.

21. Kellan

Crystal Castles crowd is not going to fit the Pepsi stage

22. Cmoney86

Trusted

Tegan and Sara are coming back to Chicago on November 4th for a the con 10 year acoustic show

Kellan likes this.
  23. fowruok

Trusted Supporter

You'd think they'd be better at it by now since they pretty much evacuate every year. I know that I felt the same way when it was storming in 2011, but we didn't actually have to leave the park.

24. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

Watching the stream. Anyone know... is Lil Uzi Vert not performing, or did they just change the stream?

25. manoverboard365

Trusted

I'm watching the Tegan & Sara stream now. Great setlist so far with a lot of oldies: Living Room, Nineteen, Call it Off, Northshore, Back in Your Head, Alligator. Here's hoping they play The Con.