Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Lollapalooza 2017 Festival • Page 12

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by kidinthebushes, Nov 14, 2016.

1. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Today my friend tried to tell me that Foo Fighters have become like Nickleback and that their last few albums aren't good (Sonic Highways fine, but Wasting Light and the new song are great).

At this point another friend decided to chime in with their ignorant ass take that their only album worth listening to is the Colour and the Shape.

Needless to say I'm down two friends today :(

Cgarnsay and suicidesaints like this.
  2. Kellan

@kellanthomas Prestigious

So pissed, my debit card was stolen last week and my bank has been slow getting a new card to me and a bunch of the aftershows I'm interested in have sold out. Though after paying $370 with fees and taxes for the festival itself I'm probably just going to go all out and pay over ticket price for some of these. I just moved to Chicago yesterday so I'm treating myself.

mattfreaksmeout and Jim like this.
  3. Daniel182

Let's hold our breath until we disappear

Which aftershows are you hoping to go to?

4. Kellan

Wednesday - Hippo Campus or Atlas Genius
    Thursday - Crystal Castles
    Friday - Banks
    Saturday - Arcade Fire

Tomorrow I'm thinking about Mondo Cozmo, Thursday probably Tegan and Sara, Friday I'll definitely pay whatever to go to Banks because I don't think I'm going to be able to see either her or The Japanese House during the festival. On Saturday I'd like to go to Alvvays if the tickets from Stub Hub aren't too much. And I'm sure I'll be exhausted on Sunday and I'll probably see The Head and the Heart during Lolla so I think I'm going to skip that.

5. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Treat yo self. You deserve it. And welcome to the city! (Even though I'm back in the burbs these days)

6. Kellan

Haha I was definitely thinking of Parks when I said that. Thanks! I'm in Oak Park so I'm in the suburbs too, but I work in the Loop.

7. Daniel182

Let's hold our breath until we disappear

Awesome! I won't be at any of those ones, but they should be great.

I'm going to the fest on Friday and the blink-182 and Foo Fighters aftershows.

Kellan likes this.
  8. Kellan

can someone explain Park West to me? Is it an ampitheater type venue? On their website they're selling Tegan and Sara tickets for $35 but there are $8 GA tickets on Stub Hub that allow you access to the "grounds". When I googled it, it looked indoors.

9. Jim

Trusted Supporter

spoon rocked last night

radiodead likes this.
  10. Fronnyfron

Woke Up Right Handed Prestigious

Jealous

11. Cmoney86

Trusted

i cant fucking wait for the foo fighters after show tomorrow at the metro!

12. swboyd

are we still lucky to be here? Prestigious

PUP at the Empty Bottle tonight. Yeah boooooooi.

Jim and cubsml34 like this.
  13. Frobert

Regular

I saw the 1975 do an aftershow there in 2014. It's basically a large jazz club with some tables and then open space for standing up by the stage. Definitely a cool venue.

joe.boy.fresh. likes this.
  14. Kellan Aug 3, 2017
    (Last edited: Aug 3, 2017)
    Kellan

Is there an outdoor portion? I don't want to pay for a ticket and then not be able to see anything haha.

PS I'm in line right now I think...but there's two lines going different directions in the exact same place. So I'm either at the end of one line or the beginning of another...

Also I shouldn't have worn black. I'm already soaked in sweat.

15. Sheriff77

Regular

There is not an outdoor portion. You will be able to see everything just fine :-)

16. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

Pro-Tip: The upstairs of the venue has bar stools that offer great sight lines if that's your thing.

17. radiodead

Trusted

Saw Spoon last night at the metro as welll. They were predictably great. Set was Hot Thoughts heavy, which was great to hear all those songs in a live setting. They sounded excellent. Highlight of the show was for sure "I Summon You" with Britt all by himself. Was a concert moment you don't forget.

joe.boy.fresh. likes this.
  18. Kellan

So how bad is the weather supposed to get? I can't find any info specific to the city.

19. MexicanGuitars

Chorus’ Expert on OTIP Track #8 Supporter

Looks like scattered storms throughout the afternoon/evening. Just checked the radar and there's storms all around, doesn't look severe though atm

20. Kellan

It's pretty windy down at Lake Shore already. Hippo Campus said they had to stop playing because a storm was coming in but then they were immediately told they could keep playing. Rainor shine doesn't really mean rain or shine for the artists, it's "we'll take your money rain or shine."

21. Kellan Aug 3, 2017
    (Last edited: Aug 3, 2017)
    Kellan

There are a TON of people waiting for Migos and don't think they're even going to play. Their flight was delayed like every other flight heading into Chicago.

Being in huge crowds turns me into a curmudgeon. Like do people not know to walk on the right? And to not just stand and congregate on staircases? Fuck.

I regret not seeing more than the last song of Capital Cities. They seemed fun.

ALSO apparently Liam Gallagher played for like 20 minutes.

22. Cmoney86

Trusted

He did I was at the stage he was playing. Someone was holding a I love Noel sign they everyone thought was the reason but I also read he left cuz is voice was "fucked" coming directly from Liam himself on twitter

23. Kellan

Oh man Cage were so fucking good. Their vocalist is such a rockstar.

DejaMoi and mattfreaksmeout like this.
  24. Kellan

Wiz Khalifa went 15 minutes over. Wonder if that means Lorde starts later or they take time away from Pham. I managed to get up really close when everyone was leaving from Wiz.

25. Bane

The spiciest meme

There's no way Liam left because his "voice was fucked" he would have said right on stage then and not just walked off. Something pissed him off because it's fuckin Liam Gallagher so of course.