Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Logan Lucky (Soderbergh, August 2017) Movie • Page 3

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by airik625, Feb 17, 2017.

1. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

Loved every second of this film. Instantly shoots into my top five of the year thus far, no question. A line of dialogue in the movie was self-aware enough to describe the heist as a "Hillbilly Ocean's Eleven," and that's exactly what the film is. Soderbergh is still one of modern American cinema's greats.

The whole cast was great too, especially Tatum and Craig. I don't think Craig has had this much fun making a movie in years.

2. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

Absolutely loved it.

3. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

Really enjoyable flick.

4. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

This was great. Like a hillbilly Ocean's 11 . A little slow at times, but it worked the characters were just fantastic. Pretty much everyone gave an amazing performance. I'd say the only thing I didn't like, which I was also expecting not to like, was Seth MacFarlane's accent. Did he need that? I feel like the character would have worked fine with Seth's normal accent.

iCarly Rae Jepsen and I Am Mick like this.
  5. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

Agreed

6. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

I don't know if the character was written as Richard Branson or that was his choice

Anthony_D'Elia likes this.
  7. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

This was delightful. Feel like it's misleading with ads saying it's a laugh riot, but still - lots of fun.

8. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

The trailer definitely shows a majority of the big jokes, but I laughed pretty much throughout.

9. secretsociety92

Music, Gaming, Movies and Guys = Life

Enjoyed this a lot, far more than I was expecting and even though I didn't like it quite as much as Behind the Candelabra it was still an highly entertaining and funny film.

10. Connor

we're all a bunch of weirdos on a quest to belong Prestigious

Just saw this. I liked it quite a bit but didn't laugh near as much or as hard as I was lead to believe I would. Still the acting was perfect. Channing Tatum , Driver, Riley Keough, Craig and even Waterston in her small role, were excellent.

11. smoke4thecaper

out of context reference Supporter

Still need to see this... haven't had any time, but I'm a big Soderbergh fan and love heist films. I wonder if anyone would notice if I left work for a, ahem, long lunch.

coleslawed and suicidesaints like this.
  12. The way Adam Driver talked fucking cracked me up throughout the whole movie. Definitely the highlight for me.

I Am Mick and fenway89 like this.
  13. swboyd

are we still lucky to be here? Prestigious

Probably gonna try to see this over the Labor Day holiday weekend. Based off what I'm hearing, it sounds like I'll enjoy it a lot.

14. thedrudo

Trusted Prestigious

I liked this... but that ending just dragged for me. The Swank introduction. And the McFarlane stuff just seemed pointless.

15. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

Yeah, I agree with both. Plus the whole "This was what was really going on" seemed a little too tacked-on and going to the well of the "Ocean's 11" twist. It didn't bother me too much though. Still a delightful movie.

16. the rural juror

carried in the arms of cheerleaders

Just a really fun movie. Liked it a lot.

17. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

I totally forgot about it, but what the fuck is up with "Bear In the Woods".

coleslawed likes this.
  18. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

Totally forgot about that part. That was hilarious.

19. This was.... alright? Haha, some decent laughs here and there overall, but I agree with the weird pacing comments in here. My biggest problem here is that I'm having trouble determining where the conflict was in this at all. Like, the whole thing sort of saunters along and pretty much leaves you in the dark the whole time and never really presents any real problem or even a snag in this brilliant plan

fenway89 likes this.
  20. Morrissey

Trusted

This was quite good. One of Soderbergh's extremely accomplished genre films.

primavera likes this.
  21. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

Probably #5 of the year for me so far

22. TSLROCKS

Trusted Supporter

Saw this last night - really enjoyed it. I thought it was great

23. primavera

big baller brand Supporter

yep, saw it a few months back, very enjoyable

24. chris

Trusted Supporter

watched this again last night. Maybe the most I enjoyed a movie all year (a lot I need to catch up on though)

25. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

finally caught this at redbox, thought it was a lot of fun.
    biggest question i have, though: why was Leann Rimes singing America the Beautiful instead of Star Spangled Banner?