Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Logan (James Mangold, March 3 2017) Movie • Page 6

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Tim, Oct 5, 2016.

1. Tim Feb 6, 2017
    (Last edited: Feb 6, 2017)
    Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

Hey, if there's anyone here who's a fan of Wolverine comics and wants to help with a Logan "Further Reading" post I'm putting together for Chorus, jump into the Comics thread and let me know!

The post will have 5 comics accessible to new readers that should appeal to fans of the movie for various reasons, with a 1-paragraph blurb about each. I have 5 comics already in mind for Logan, but if you wanna participate and have another comic in mind, I'm open to accommodating that. I'm willing to write all 5 entries myself, but my goal is for this to be a community endeavor that we can start doing with each new comic book film!

Again, if you have any interest, post in the Comics thread here in the Entertainment forum, and we'll discuss what we're doing over there!

UPDATE: We have everyone we need for this now! I'll post a link to the recommendations post when it goes up on March 3.

2. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

It's your dream!!

Tim likes this.
  3. Tim

It really is! lol. Wolverine and a hymn. Few combos cater to my interests so blatantly and perfectly.

awakeohsleeper and coleslawed like this.
  4. Tim

Awesome IMAX poster:

IMG_8209.JPG

5. domotime2

Great Googly Moogly Supporter

Never before has a movies mpaa rating got me so excited. I had no interest until I saw the "rated r" label.

6. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

Huh

coleslawed, Tim and Dirty Sanchez like this.
  7. YouOnlyLukeOnce

#WRBK4lyfe

That poster is sweet. I need one of those in my room

coleslawed likes this.
  8. Tim

This looks straight out of her comic origins, wow.

EarlyMorningRiser and coleslawed like this.
  9. RonandTammy

Regular

Ugh, why did they spoil who the little girl actual is? Reminds me of the Terminator Genesys trailer with the John Connor reveal.

10. Tim

...um, pretty much everyone knew she was X-23 almost immediately. Have you watched the trailers? Seen any TV spots?

It's not a dang spoiler knowing who one of the main characters of the film is, lol. Sorry that they didn't do one of those ridiculous sorta-secrets-that-aren't-really-secrets like Khan in Star Trek: Into Darkness.

11. RonandTammy

Regular

I watched the trailers and all I gathered was that Logan was protecting a little girl. I knew who she was based on X-Men lore, I just wish it wasn't revealed on screen.

I haven't seen any of the TV spots, just a couple of trailers.

12. Tim

The first trailer very strongly implied her identity with some of the dialogue ("She's like you... Very much like you."), and then the second trailer had her pop her claws and go into action a bunch. (The viral marketing before the second trailer also referred to her as Laura, but not everyone pays attention to that, which is fair. But, again, between two trailers, her identity was very clear.)

She's the second most important character in the entire film, second only to Logan himself. And, she doesn't just chill until revealing her claws in the final act. So, like, really, what have they shown that they shouldn't have?

13. RonandTammy

Regular

Damn, I missed that, haha.

14. Tim

Logan Director James Mangold Interview

Petit nain des Îles and Davjs like this.
  15. Embargo just lifted. Hearing a lot off hype around this.

dadbolt likes this.
  16. Vivatoto

Royal Court of Princess Donut Prestigious

Reviews are looking really good.

dadbolt likes this.
  17. Tim Feb 17, 2017
    (Last edited: Feb 17, 2017)
    Tim

dadbolt likes this.
  18. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

A lot of good things being said about this so early on. So stoked.

dadbolt likes this.
  19. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

Saw this last night.

It's pretty good. Suffers the same problem as "The Wolverine" of falling apart in its final act, but thankfully not flat on its face like that. The villains are as generic as they get and they tease Wolvie's relationship with Laura for way too long.

But it's still pretty good. A nice western detached from the rest of the "X-men." Patrick Stewart is great/heartbreaking.

kidwithhelmet likes this.
  20. Tim

You should totally, via PM or spoiler tags, tell me if Logan dies, if so how, and also, what's the deal with this finale of him fighting himself I see alluded to in reviews, how does that look/play out.
    The villain and third act criticisms are the only ones I've really seen pop up in multiple reviews, and based on other reviews' comments, I don't think those critiques will affect my viewing. Which means... I'm finally going to get a Wolverine movie I love! YES.

coleslawed likes this.
  21. Letterbomb31

Trusted Prestigious

22. Tim

The idea of a post-credits scene for this film, if it really is what they say it is, seems weird. If they did add one, though, and if that post-credits scene is just one last piece of Hugh Jackman fan-service that wouldn't fit the film proper, I wouldn't that one bit.

I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

23. YouOnlyLukeOnce

#WRBK4lyfe

Seems odd to do a post credit scene. Hopefully it is just something like the scenes with Howard the Duck or the Avengers eating food. Something silly that isn't needed but rewards the viewer for staying.

24. Allpwrtoslaves

Trusted

I have really high hopes for this after reading alot of reviews. I so badly want this to end up being my favorite superhero movie.

25. YouOnlyLukeOnce

#WRBK4lyfe

I'm trying to avoid too many reviews until I see it. I already read IGN's and will wait for Jame Shotwell to hopefully review it. That being said, seeing at 95% right now is a great sign.