Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Logan (James Mangold, March 3 2017) Movie • Page 5

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Tim, Oct 5, 2016.

1. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

Amped.

2. devenstonow

Noobie

Tim likes this.
  3. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

Sounds good. You know how a metaphorical gun in the first act is supposed to go off in the third? That literal adamantium bullet... Hm.

coleslawed likes this.
  4. devenstonow

Noobie

I don't know. If we get an intro of "I'm holding onto this...just in case" in the beginning of the movie, I feel like knowing that this is being marketed as Hugh Jackman's last time as Wolverine, it'll just be too predictable

5. devenstonow

Noobie

I guess it depends on who pulls the trigger

6. Tim

I wouldn't say definitively that it's how Logan dies, but there's no way that doesn't at least come into play. Like maybe the Reavers somehow get it and try to shoot Laura, but Logan gets in the way and nearly dies. Or vice versa. But they both make it to the end.

If Logan dies, I'd like to see it be of old age (since his healing factor is declining anyways). Like, he's damaged by this adventure but survives. Fast forward to epilogue, where an older Laura lays a tired, old Logan to rest. Something like that would be really cool.

coleslawed likes this.
  7. Davjs

Trusted

So X-Men comics exist in this movie!? Strange thing to throw in but I kinda like it.

8. St. Nate

من النهر إلى البحر Prestigious

I believe in Marvel Comics, comics about the heroes exist.

Like how She-Hulk is able to use comic books in her court cases.

Tim likes this.
  9. Tim

We have comics loosely based on reality, ranging from war comics to Obama's presidency to the WWE (insert "wrestling isn't real" joke here), so I think it makes sense that a world with real superheroes would have comics starring versions of those heroes.

10. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

This looks so good. March is shaping up to be pretty good for movies.

11. Davjs

Trusted

The more I think about the comic thing, do you think that somewhere in between the end of Days of Future Past and this movie, Logan got into costume as well as the rest of the X-Men and that's what inspired the comic to be created in this world? That'd be so cool to get a little flash back of that :-)

coleslawed likes this.
  12. imthegrimace

the poster formally known as thesheriff Supporter

Yeah that looks great.

13. dadbolt

Prestigious Prestigious

oh man

i didn't think anything could rip me away from new zelda that weekend but I'm going opening night.

wordzanddreamz likes this.
  14. Tim

I at one point wanted a flashback in this movie of Logan being forced to kill the X-Men (something similar to Old Man Logan, with some Weapon X flavor), but in reality, that'd be pretty out of place in this film.

Ideally, they'd soft reboot the X-Men universe going forward, recast Wolverine, and counter some of the disappointment in losing Jackman by giving that new Wolverine a comic-inspired costume.

15. Davjs

Trusted

I wouldn't be opposed and it'd be pretty shocking, but he already had to kill Jean in X-3 and that haunted him for like 3 movies. I can't imagine the mess he'd be if he had to kill them all lol. Also I don't think Prof X would be hanging around.

16. Tim

It doesn't fit great with what we know now, but early on, it could have. In the comic, he tries to kill himself afterwards and refuses to pop his claws until his family is killed; he's more so just physically and emotionally weary.

I don't think the reason for the X-Men being gone will play into the actual plot so much as be an excuse for Logan to be alone. Maybe there'll be a throwaway line about some battle or something.

dadbolt likes this.
  17. dadbolt

Prestigious Prestigious

i was hoping for the OML flashback too, but having Xavier be the catalyst to all this is 100x more interesting to me now.

Tim likes this.
  18. Tim

There's a slightly longer version of the trailer, for those of you really craving a couple lines of dialogue to prove this is rated R.

19. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

Very much looking forward to this.

20. Tim

coleslawed and dadbolt like this.
  21. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

[​IMG]

Tim and Davjs like this.
  22. Tim

Logan accompanied by "Amazing Grace" makes me so very happy. Seriously.

23. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

you know the drill.
    getting so hype for this

dadbolt and Tim like this.
  24. YouOnlyLukeOnce

#WRBK4lyfe

I am super excited for this. Probably should finally watch Deadpool and Apocalypse for this lol

25. Tim

You really don't have to watch anything for this, especially those two films. But, Deadpool is still generally worth a watch. Apocalypse less so, lol.

coleslawed likes this.