Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Logan (James Mangold, March 3 2017) Movie • Page 4

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Tim, Oct 5, 2016.

1. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

[​IMG]

Letterbomb31, Davjs and Tim like this.
  2. Allpwrtoslaves

Trusted

Wonderful.

3. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

4. Tim

Confirmation that Richard E. Grant is playing Zander Rice, who in the comics was the head of the recreated Weapon X program that created X-23.

6. Professor X saying "fuck" multiple times might be jarring, but I also saw Patrick Stewart play a sinister nazi, so maybe not.

7. Tim

The overuse of strong language was one of my concerns; hopefully it doesn't weigh down the dialogue or otherwise feel really awkward/forced. Everything else has me feeling really good, though. I love X-23, and a lot rides on her, so I'm glad there's already praise for specifically her.

Petit nain des Îles and Zilla like this.
  8. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

Love that TLOU comparison

Henry, FrenzalRob and coleslawed like this.
  9. FrenzalRob

Melbourne, AUS Supporter

I've sort of slowed down on following Marvel stuff, but with this, the new Spidey, and upcoming new Deadpool, I'm sold. Looking to re-peak my interest. More R rated Marvel is what we need, loved Deadpool.

10. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

Yeah, swearing for the sake of swearing is never going to work.

Zilla and Tim like this.
  11. Davjs

Trusted

It's one of the reasons Sausage Party didn't work even though the premise was awesome. Deadpool had the right amount, if not on the boarder of a little too much but that was his character. Anything obsessive will stick out too much with a movie like this I feel.

Zilla likes this.
  12. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

Deadpool is in this [\spoiler]

13. Davjs

Trusted

This is one of those rumors I don't think will end up being true. Maybe, maayyyybe in a post credit scene but I think it'd clash with the tone of the film that the trailers are showing.

coleslawed likes this.
  14. Tim

There's basically a 0% chance that he's in the movie proper. I could see there being a fan service, technically non-canonical post-credits scene, since it'd be the last chance for these characters to interact (unless they want to ruin what seems like a perfect final film for Jackman's Wolverine), but within the actual film's story, there's no way that character shows up.

Davjs likes this.
  15. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

Getting more excited for this.

16. iCarly Rae Jepsen

Ryan and James denying it now

17. Tim

Anyways, there's a cool new poster:

And, also, there's talk that the second trailer will drop around January 15. Since we're approaching the 2-month point from the March 3 release and only have one trailer so far, I imagine the second trailer can't be dropping much later than that. At this point, with all the positive hype and mystery, they're probably gonna try to keep a lot of that mystery going up until almost the release date itself. Maybe there'll be a big push right in the final weeks?

coleslawed likes this.
  18. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

Cool poster.

19. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

I still can't get over how all it takes is gray hair and a beard to turn Hugh Jackman into Mel Gibson.

20. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

It's that Australian blood.

21. Tim

Some new stuff.

First, apparently Logan will have its debut at the Berlin Film Festival, which runs February 9-19. So that's neat. Clearly they're pretty happy with this film.

Also, here's the official synopsis:
    "In the near future, a weary Logan cares for an ailing Professor X in a hide out on the Mexican border. But Logan’s attempts to hide from the world and his legacy are up-ended when a young mutant arrives, being pursued by dark forces."

If you're interested, a snippet of the score can be heard here.

Finally, they had some sort of marketing campaign where the first 1,974 people who signed up for some website would get a postcard sent to them with one of 1,974 frames from the next trailer. The first and last frames were shared online by Hugh Jackman and James Mangold:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

coleslawed and Joe like this.
  22. iCarly Rae Jepsen

coleslawed likes this.
  23. Tim

24. Tim

Here's the YouTube link, if that's what you prefer:

Lot more charm/levity in this trailer, but that's a good thing: I want to see how the inevitable lighter moments land. Thankfully, they didn't feel distracting to me. Also, lots of X-23 action!

This movie... looks... really good. March 3 can't get here fast enough.

25. Henry Jan 19, 2017
    (Last edited: Jan 19, 2017)
    Henry

Moderator Moderator

Honestly had ZERO interest in seeing it up until that new trailer.

"holy fuck" indeed.