Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Logan (James Mangold, March 3 2017) Movie • Page 2

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Tim, Oct 5, 2016.

1. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

Man, I hope this is awesome

coleslawed likes this.
  2. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

Part of me wished we weren't getting a literal child Laura in a film set in the future 'cause I really wanna see All-New Wolverine on the big screen.

At the same time, a grizzled old Logan with a young Laura could make for a powerful story. Plus, Fox ignores continuity all the time anyways, lol, so I guess that wouldn't necessarily be off the table.

If you don't know anything about X-23, this is her first appearance and does a really good job introducing her:

3. Davjs

Trusted

Yes they do. It's super annoying since I'm actually a huge fan of (most) the movies.

Had no idea she came from the cartoon. So like Harley Quinn they adapted her into comics later?

Petit nain des Îles likes this.
  4. Henry

Moderator Moderator

I actually had no idea about that either. I've always loved her.

Davjs likes this.
  5. Tim

Yep. Craig Kyle and Chris Yost created her for X-Men: Evolution, which featured a mostly high school cast, because Kyle wanted to come up with a younger version of Wolverine. She was then first introduced to the comics in the NYX miniseries... as an essentially mute young sadomasochistic prostitute. Kyle and Yost then wrote her comic book origins, which are similar but include a surrogate mother, who gives her the name "Laura Kinney."

Petit nain des Îles likes this.
  6. Davjs

Trusted

Random topic, but did anyone else think Wolverine and the Xmen was the best X cartoon we've had and super bummed when it was cancelled after only 1 season?

7. Davjs

Trusted

That's awesome, thanks for the info! Love your knowledge in comics lol. I love Chris Yost, I think he wrote the Wolverine and Xmen series I mentioned above and also had his hand in the Red Robin series right before the new 52 reboot. I loved that so much, Tim Drake was my favorite until New 52.

8. Davjs

Trusted

Not that I have a huge issue with it, but didn't Catwoman and Mia (Speedy in GA pre New 52) have the same origins? Seems like there's a better way to show strong female characters who have had tragic beginnings.

9. Henry

Moderator Moderator

yeah

Davjs likes this.
  10. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

Stephen Merchant

11. Tim

Seems to confirm the rumor that he plays Caliban... which is weird, since Caliban was just used in Apocalypse. Between this and Singer possibly being wrong about Sinister being in this film, I have to wonder if Fox is in need of a Feige-type more than previously assumed, lol.

12. Davjs

Trusted

I feel like each film after X3, there are huge continuity issues and each movie is made with whatever serves just that movie and not what came before or after. Even as a fan of First Class, DOFP and Apocalypse I would say they've needed a Feige-type since Last Stand.

coleslawed likes this.
  13. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Caliban was so wasted in apoc

14. Tim

Caliban say Caliban deserves better than Caliban got in that film.

15. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

Looks like the first trailer has been classified, running at 1:46 in length. Can't wait! Hoping it's coming soon!

Tim likes this.
  16. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

[​IMG]

17. Tim

Almost looks like he should be a Civil War general or something, lol.

I rewatched The Wolverine last night 'cause I hate myself. The film hasn't improved with age (I actually had forgotten some of my complaints and got to get mad all over again), but I also forgot how well some moments (mostly early on) were filmed. If Mangold has a better script this time around, this could be cool and a lot of fun.

Eric Wilson likes this.
  18. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

According to IGN, looks like the first trailer should be dropping tomorrow. Pretty stoked, with new trailers for this and Guardians.

Tim likes this.
  19. Letterbomb31

Trusted Prestigious

coleslawed likes this.
  20. Tim

The promotional materials leading up to the first trailer have all been on point. Here's hoping the actual trailer follows suit.

21. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

22. Henry

Moderator Moderator

I have zero idea how I should feel about this. I'm still very tepid on every single X-Men project not named Deadpool.

23. scottlechowicz

Trusted Supporter

That looked pretty damn cool. I hope it comes together as well as the trailer suggests.

24. Tim

The use of Johnny Cash in the trailer was a little corny, but God help me, I think this looks good.

Shakriel likes this.
  25. aspeedomodel

Cautiously pessimistic Prestigious

Man, that was a great trailer...