Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Logan (James Mangold, March 3 2017) Movie • Page 15

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Tim, Oct 5, 2016.

1. Ya, the farm house scene is part of what sets this film apart from most in the genre. A lot of comic book movies, ones I love included, wouldn't spend an entire sequence with regular people who aren't directly connected to the plot. It added a nice layer of humanity.

2. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

This was fantastic. I'm usually not a huge comic book fan, but this was great. I'm very glad it was R-rated, the violence added a lot to the film as opposed to just being there for shock value.

beachdude and Kingjohn_654 like this.
  3. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

Kingjohn_654 and coleslawed like this.
  4. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

Between the photo book and the black & white version, I've probably never been this excited to pick up a movie on Bluray.

5. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

That Instagram account has some awesome pictures.

coleslawed likes this.
  6. kidwithhelmet

WELCOME THRILLHO Prestigious

From theaters to bluray in less than 3 months? Whoa.

7. airik625

Cannot wait to see this in black and white.

8. Derek

Get stung

Hopefully black and white is on the blu ray. thatd be sweet

9. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

I swear, theater to DVD used to take a full year.

10. Davjs

Trusted

I think it was to ensure it made the most money it could in theaters (the wait would get more people out to see it instead of waiting a few months and then buying it). Due to digital and pirating though, I think they rush out the home release while the movies are still fresh in people's minds and the marketing isn't too far removed. Just a guess.

beachdude and coleslawed like this.
  11. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

Makes sense to me.

12. Taketimeandfind

Trusted

About 20 years ago I remember if it was a really good movie it would still be in theaters close to a year. You knew it was a bad one if it didn't last a month in the theater. Fuck I'm old.

13. Are the tickets to the black and white version on sale yet?

14. airik625

It is. The director confirmed that himself.

15. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

16. I have a ticket for Logan Noir, but I'm also going to Guardians 2 later that week, so I don't know if I should get it refunded and just not go. Kind of lazy to drive to LA and pay for parking, and going to the theater twice in a week feels like overkill. I've already seen the color version not too long ago, and I'm sure I'll be able to see the black and white version later through other means. Hmm.

17. airik625

I really hope a theater around me is showing Logan Noir. If not, I'll still be able to catch it on blu-ray - but would much rather see it in theaters.

18. Jason Tate May 16, 2017
    (Last edited: May 16, 2017)
    Have to pee. Half way through. This isn't impressing me at all yet. I've rolled my eyes at the dumbest script decisions at least three times. :-/ Pretty over the top and ridiculous so far. Here's hoping it gets better -- god damn was the hype wayyyyyy too high though, the extreme flaws so far point that out. Fingers crossed I like the next half more.

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  19. I'm never gonna enjoy watching kids kill people. It's just not a thing I'll ever want to watch without getting sick to my stomach. Growing up during Columbine did that to me.

20. It's 2029 and the headphones still have wires.

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  21. Highest ratio I've been hyped to disappointed in a movie in years. Gonna enjoy being yelled at about that tomorrow ... but ... ugh. Just ugggffffhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. I can't believe the praise this got to the movie it was. Blaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhh. I'm so let down.

(And every single time the camera did the "change point of focus" move in the movie [a lot] I think got a little more annoyed and that added up.)

22. Letterbomb31

Trusted Prestigious

Damn, you're right. The entire movie is ruined for me now. Total garbage.

;-p

beachdude and coleslawed like this.
  23. Don't worry the car has a shitty 2006 grill you'll be ok.

24. Letterbomb31

Trusted Prestigious

They talk about the cars a bit here:

"A flashy, futuristic and super advanced car wouldn’t fit that narrative. The resulting design grew from what the team supposed an eventual evolution of current automotive trends and architecture would look like. A conservative look, specifically. In the movie, Logan’s car was at least five years old, so it couldn’t look brand-spanking new. He was trying to lay low, staying below the radar, working as an anonymous limo driver. The choices we made,” Pugh continued, “were sort of a struggle between our desire to go very far out and futuristic and then the need for the story to actually downplay the sort of key aspects of what we could present.”

Makes sense to me.

25. Jason Tate May 16, 2017
    (Last edited: May 16, 2017)
    They failed at designing the future by using stuff that looks old/fake new ***now***. That iPhone is dated in 2015. (And that's my dumb nitpick.)

God, I'll never get over how disappointing this first viewing was. I knew I was gonna be annoyed when blondie was given the old "drive him and dump him but don't just kill him" cliche.

1:30am and I know my notifications are gonna suuuuuccccccckkkkkkkk tomorrow.