Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Locked Down (Doug Liman, January 14, 2021) Movie

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Serh, Jan 5, 2021.

1. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

on hbo max

Just as they decide to separate, and Paxton find life has other plans when they are stuck at home in a mandatory lockdown. Co-habitation is proving to be a challenge, but fueled by poetry and copious amounts of wine, it will bring them closer together in the most surprising way

starring anne hathaway and chiwetel ejiofor. also featuring ben stiller, steven merchant, dulé hill, jazmyn simon, mark gatiss, mindy kaling, ben kingsley, and lucy boynton

2. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

I'm very opposed to quarantine themed movies which I know we'll get a lot of but I'm letting this one slide for the premise

3. the rural juror

carried in the arms of cheerleaders

Ugh

4. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

slightly interested because of the cast, but I'm pretty weary

5. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

this was also written by the guy who wrote serenity (which hathaway also starred in), so this could end up being incredible**************

6. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

yeah i’m in idc

7. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

Pass

8. jjnunn118

Signal Vs. Noise Prestigious

In a normal circumstance, this movie would be fine. But given the context of being about the pandemic while we’re all exhausted from being IN THAT PANDEMIC!?!? This was a slog. I might rewatch this in a couple years and think “oh hey, this actually wasn’t bad!”

also I know this takes place at the very beginning of the pandemic but no one is wearing a fucking mask and the main character walks around London wearing a makeshift bandana mask AROUND HIS NECK!?!?

9. Serh Jan 15, 2021
    (Last edited: Jan 15, 2021)
    Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

i enjoyed everything with chiwetel’s character and just about nothing else. feels strange to say about a movie revolved around people’s lives during quarantine but i think this could’ve been pretty good. now watch as this isn’t even the worst doug liman film this year

10. kbeef2

Trusted Supporter

This was so goddamn boring. This either needed to come out one week into quarantine or ten years later. Anything else just feels woefully outdated.