Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Local Natives Band • Page 3

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by cwhit, Apr 7, 2016.

1. Matt

Living with the land Supporter

Two songs in and I'm hooked

2. zmtr

Trusted

This and the new The Head And The Heart on the same day?

It's like Christmas.

Will Montei likes this.
  3. muttley

"Fuck you, Peaches!" Prestigious

These guys really hit the spot today. I'm going to listen to the new album this evening.

trevorshmevor likes this.
  4. muttley

Damn man. Their set got cut off right before the solo in Sun Hands. I've never been a fan of the whole "leave the stage when you know they're coming back/encore" thing and I bet that time could have been used shredding haha.

They were great though. Didn't realize how often the other guy sang.

5. Kellan

@kellanthomas Prestigious

They absolutely killed it at First Ave last night. Best show I've been to in a while. Seconded about the amount of singing that Kelcey does...I didn't even realize he sang the entirety of You & I. And I thought Taylor played keyboard.

The light show was spot on.

6. whitenblue88

The rivalry is back on

I finally get to see these guys for the first time in a week! I'm very excited, but I'm scared that I won't hear like half of my favorites, since I'd imagine this show is very Sunlit Youth heavy.

7. muttley

I might have burnt myself out on the new album already.

8. Kellan Oct 4, 2016
    (Last edited: Oct 4, 2016)
    Kellan

I won't name songs if you like to be surprised but I think 10 out of 19 are new. So I think all but one off the new album. Five from Hummingbird.

A lot of the time it takes me a few listens to warm up to new albums, for whatever reason. All the new stuff sounded really great live.

whitenblue88 likes this.
  9. whitenblue88

The rivalry is back on

Awesome, 19 songs is great! Sunlit Youth is probably a top 5 album this year for me, but Hummingbird is probably a top 5 of the decade for me, so I'm biased towards the deep cuts there vs SY. Glad to hear it's more than just a couple from Hummingbird! (I also think the highlights from Gorilla Manor are gonna translate best live, so I didn't want to see those dropped off either)

10. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

11. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

new song with Nico Segal, fka Donnie Trumpet

12. whitenblue88

The rivalry is back on

What are these songs? Songs that are gonna come out with an Extended Edition or an EP?

I like it.

13. brandon_260

Trusted Prestigious

It's apparently a 7" with the two track.

14. Elder Lightning

A lightning bolt without a cloud in the sky Supporter

Why did no one ever tell me that this is the band that Cavil At Rest became!?

I’ve got some catching up to do!

zmtr likes this.
  15. zmtr

Trusted

This is one of my favorite bands even if Sunlight Youth did next to nothing for me. Definitely check them out.

Gorilla Manor is close to perfect and Hummingbird top 10 all time for me.

KidLightning likes this.
  16. Gooddayz

always and forever

Dang. What didn't you like from Sunlight Youth? I enjoyed the heck out of it

17. brandon_260

Trusted Prestigious

Sunlit Youth is one of there's rare albums that I find to be perfectly fine, but have no interest in ever listening to it bc I'll just put on one of their other, better records when I wanna hear them. The singles were great though.

18. Yeah I don't really have an interest in listening to it but the songs sounded great live and they sounded better than ever in general touring for the new album.

smowashere likes this.
  19. Gooddayz

always and forever

Hmm that's interesting. I really like what they did with that album. Ellie Alice and Everything All At Once are some great non singles. I will admit thought that their instrumentation doesn't shine as well as in their previous work, esp Matt's drumming.

20. zmtr

Trusted

All the songs off the album were great live I just never feel the need to return to it

21. Gooddayz

always and forever

I see. Man I wished I saw them live one their tour last year, but I had work. Such a stellar live band

22. whitenblue88

The rivalry is back on

Kelcey's side project (Jaws of Love.) came out with an album today and it is very pretty

23. Gooddayz

always and forever

Dang it I don't wanna add another album to the stacked list I already have haha

24. Kellan

These guys need to tour more. It’s been 2 years since they were in Chicago.

25. Gooddayz

always and forever

Dang I thought they were announcing new music or something, it's been too long! New music or a tour would be nice