Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Local Natives Band • Page 2

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by cwhit, Apr 7, 2016.

1. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

yeah, i relistened a couple weeks back when this was announced. definitely like it more of the two records

2. brandon_260

Trusted Prestigious

dhayes likes this.
  3. dadbolt

Prestigious Prestigious

Not really feeling this one at all.

4. bptky

check out Musica - Akron's best live music venue

The drums make Past Lives good, but the song as a whole really doesn't stand out to me among other similar bands in their genre. Aside from that, anybody remember when these dudes were called Cavil at Rest?

5. whitenblue88

The rivalry is back on

Kinda reminds me of a OneRepublic song, but I like it!

6. whitenblue88

The rivalry is back on

New album yesss

7. brandon_260

Trusted Prestigious

8. Chaplain Tappman

Trusted Prestigious

does cwhit think this thread which he marked as "band" not "album" is an "album" thread?

remember when i said we should all just agree to either make band or album threads instead of both and everyone was like "youre a moron ryan" but here we are

9. cwhit

i made an album thread already (thought the album was called past lives back when it was all hype) and deleted that one already

i think there's a very distinct difference between album and band threads. album threads are for discussions relating to the album while band threads are more general

10. Chaplain Tappman

Trusted Prestigious

like this band thread, filled with speculation and hope about the album that has now been announced

trevorshmevor likes this.
  11. Deathco_019

Drummer

I never understood why there were band threads and album threads back on AP, but I just went along with it. Would honestly prefer it to just be a band thread. Just makes more sense to me.

12. Chaplain Tappman

Trusted Prestigious

You'd be surprised how defensive people got over the "necessity" of both

13. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

I just far prefer album threads honestly. It made more sense at AP where albums were in General and artists in Music, here it's been a bit weird.

14. Deathco_019

Drummer

It's weird because I see people talking about, for example, the new Thrice album in both threads. I'm not sure why the band thread shouldn't have talk about it because the album thread exists. Just seems to create a lot of unnecessary abundance of threads.

15. cwhit

i like album threads because then you can sort of track the progression of the release as it goes on from first page to last

16. Chaplain Tappman

Trusted Prestigious

17. Killed it on Conan tonight

18. Chaplain Tappman

Trusted Prestigious

19. aranea

Trusted Prestigious

20. zmtr

Trusted

The album threads always generated better discussion. Very rarely did I visit the "Music" section

21. Awksome

Regular

Album leaked.

22. Matt Chylak

I can always be better, so I'll always try. Supporter

Album's really good, definitely recommended. "Fountain of Youth" hits just as hard here as it did live, which I was doubtful about. "Jellyfish" is a really different sound for them.

Awksome likes this.
  23. smowashere

Trusted Supporter

Really digging this. Definitely a lot of intricacies to this record.

Awksome likes this.
  24. muttley

"Fuck you, Peaches!" Prestigious

Went on Apple Music to listen to their older stuff and saw the new album. Didn't know it was going to be out so soon.

Thinking about seeing them next week if they're playing enough songs from the first two records.

25. Liking the new record quite a bit. Different from the last one in that it's a lot groovier. Wasn't big on that at first but after a few listens I'm really digging the shift. I feel like this is similar to the jump Coldplay tried to make from Ghost Stories to Head Full Of Dreams but kinda failed at. Early faves are Dark Days, Jellyfish, Coins, Sea of Years. Fountain of Youth is pretty great too