Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Local Natives - Violet Street (April 26, 2019) Album • Page 3

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by username, Mar 8, 2019.

1. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Sunlit was my favorite record by these guys but this record might be tied with it in the end. Someday Now, Megaton Mile, When Am I Gonna Lose You, Cafe Amarillo, Shy and Gulf Shores are all top tier. I do have to agree that Tap Dancer is a bit underwhelming though as their closer.

Seeing them 6/21 at the Fox Theater in Oakland - hyped to hear these songs live!

Gooddayz likes this.
  2. whitenblue88

The rivalry is back on

WAIGLY is probably my song of the year right now

mattylikesfilms likes this.
  3. Micah511

We reach for the longest shadow Supporter

Megaton Mile is a jam. My wife has always been a fan of these guys, but I never listened to them by myself. I'm digging this album though.

Carrow and mattylikesfilms like this.
  4. you gotta run through the discography! Hummingbird is a personal favorite

trevorshmevor and zmtr like this.
  5. Micah511

We reach for the longest shadow Supporter

I plan on it soon! I gotta give my wife a lot of credit. She was into a lot of "indie" (for lack of a better term) stuff like this ever since we started dating (2010). I was mainly into heavy stuff and pop punk, so she's helped me branch out a lot. Really enjoyed seeing these guys shortly after Sunlit Youth came out, not sure why I didn't put more time into listening then.

6. flask

Trusted Supporter

[​IMG]

When Megaton Mile drops out then comes back in then transitions into Someday Now.

7. ImAMetaphor

absence 8/20/21 Prestigious

This is very good. I’m gonna through the rest of their discography now.

zmtr likes this.
  8. zmtr

Trusted

For the first time?

9. ImAMetaphor

absence 8/20/21 Prestigious

irthesteve likes this.
  10. zmtr

Trusted

Oh man.. Very excited for you. "Hummingbird" is a top 10er for me and "Gorilla Manor" isn't too far behind.

They're in Royal Oak on the 25th ;)

ImAMetaphor likes this.
  11. zmtr

Trusted

This version of Sun Hands is so sick.

12. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Gorilla Manor is still my fav, but this actually might be #2 for me

13. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

first couple listens were meh but its growing on me a lot, which sunlit youth never did so thats a good sign

14. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

Yeah, aside from a few songs that I really dig, kind of disappointed in this -- hope it grows on me more.

15. zmtr

Trusted

Megaton Mile is sooooooooo good

jkauf, Micah511 and Drew Beringer like this.
  16. SoundscapeMN

Regular

whitenblue88 and zmtr like this.
  17. whitenblue88

The rivalry is back on

Nice list. I’d put 5 of those (foals, owel, LoNa, king Giz, buke & Gase) in my top 20 to date too

SoundscapeMN likes this.
  18. Gooddayz

always and forever

Garden Of Elysian is a slow burner, really love it now. Also I'm just now realizing Gulf Shores is closer material.

19. Gooddayz

always and forever

Interesting list! Lots of bands here I've never heard of, but Foals, Owel and this are top tier for sure. Btw have you ever heard of a group called Wheel?

SoundscapeMN likes this.
  20. SoundscapeMN

Regular

Thanks!

no I know a band called "High Wheel" but have never heard/heard-of Wheel I don't think. But I'll have to check them out. Any specific album?

21. Gooddayz

always and forever

They only have one LP and it's called Moving Backwards. They seem to be pretty unknown, but they have a bit of a prog vibe and it's one of my favorite rock albums this year. You seem pretty well diverse in prog/metel, so I'm curious if you'll enjoy it.

22. Kellan

@kellanthomas Prestigious

I forgot how good they are live. Perfect night. I wish I could go tomorrow too. Only song I was sad they didn’t play was Fountains of Youth

23. Vs.

Regular

Just here to say I love their song "I Saw You Close Your Eyes", but besides that, I know barely anything about this band. Need to check more stuff out.

24. cryates

Trusted Prestigious

Love this album. The vocals on Someday Now are sublime.

Gooddayz likes this.
  25. josh-

Twitter: @joshcaraballin

This is almost my AOTY. So shimmery