Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Local Natives - Violet Street (April 26, 2019) Album • Page 2

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by username, Mar 8, 2019.

1. zmtr

Trusted

Sooooooooooooo much better than Sunlit Youth, imo. The hooks are much catchier and the instrumentation and production are far more interesting.

While I enjoyed the darker tone of Hummingbird (one of my favorite albums of all time) I can see this album coming close to that. It put me in a great mood driving into work on a gloomy day. Wasn't wild about "When Am I Gonna Lose You?" when it was released as a single but it slaps within the context of the album.

And can we talk about how well it flows?!

2. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

I had absolutely no idea this was coming out but it’s a really pleasant surprise this morning. They are definitely a band that I always kind of forget how good they are until I hear them.

3. whitenblue88

The rivalry is back on

This is great

4. zmtr

Trusted

Someday Now rules

5. whitenblue88

The rivalry is back on

Shy is my favorite non-single right now

Transient_Hymn likes this.
  6. you vandal

Regular

Reddit?

Also, how does this only have two pages? I thought this band was more popular here.

7. zmtr

Trusted

Yep. Just copied myself from r/indieheads

It's still kind of early and Taylor Swift (probably this websites most talked about artist) released a new song today. I predict people will catch on to this later in the year closer to the summer months.

8. this is so good

9. username

hey you lil piss baby

Wait so this is actually good? Do people that like it like the singles and the last album? Cause I think the last album is really bad and the singles from this possibly even worse.

10. zmtr

Trusted

I think I was only able to make it through Sunlit Youth a couple of times and never went back to it. I've listened to this 4 times already today and it gets better every time I listen. Seriously love it.

11. zmtr

Trusted

Also I wasn't crazy about either of the singles but really enjoy them on the album. Really came around on "When Am I Gonna Lose You"..

Getting some Tame Impala vibes from this. The bass work is so damn good.

Micah511 likes this.
  12. SPine

Trusted

I love all the previous albums. Saw them twice during the Sunlit Youth tour cycle. Sunlit is one of my albums of the decade. Hummingbird I have very fond memories of listening to in college. I love this after one listen. It's a bit short since Vogue sounds like an intro and Munich II is an interlude. That riff in Gulf Shore.. going to be a summer jam for sure.

Gooddayz and zmtr like this.
  13. contra11mundum

I hate spoilers. Supporter

Man I really liked Sunlit Youth...

This is great too! Probably better.

14. Gooddayz

always and forever

I love Sunlit Youth.

Went through there discography this week, I'm so ready to jam this today! Glad to hear everybody liking it so far

15. Sunlit Youth was really really good but this is way more interesting and more in the vein of what I wanted from them

16. flask

Trusted Supporter

Sunlit Youth was a good album.

This is a great album. I can't wait to see this tour.

17. smowashere

Trusted Supporter

Pleasant listen

18. mad

I was right. Prestigious

good album

19. whitenblue88

The rivalry is back on

Sunlit Youth is very good and this is very good in a completely different way

trevorshmevor and mad like this.
  20. mad

I was right. Prestigious

yeah they haven't made a bad album imo

trevorshmevor and smowashere like this.
  21. flask

Trusted Supporter

Megaton Mile is gonna go off live.

Carrow, Micah511 and trevorshmevor like this.
  22. GreatBeardRecs

Vibes Are High Supporter

Megaton Mile is my jam

Carrow likes this.
  23. Drewski

Maybe so, maybe not.

Somehow totally missed that this came out on Friday. As a bigger fan of Sunlit Youth than most, I am gonna say that this is also great. The grooves on this are beautiful.

24. Transient_Hymn

Somebody Turn the Neon Down Supporter

Shy has some big Radiohead vibes and I love it

25. Gooddayz

always and forever

Someday Now, Shy and Gulf Shores are my jams.

Tap Dancer was a bit underwhelming as a closer, but it's growing on me.

mattylikesfilms likes this.