Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Local Natives - Sunlit Youth (September 9, 2016) Album • Page 2

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by brandon_260, Jun 7, 2016.

1. whitenblue88

The rivalry is back on

I'm team Hummingbird, but both are 10/10 albums. "Breakers" and "Bowery" are two of my favorites

2. estebanwaseaten

Trusted

that interview was great and after reading it my anticipation grew
    this record is going to be awesome

3. RealVile

That song is so good, I listened to it every day for about a year

Drewski likes this.
  4. morgantayler

Human Typo Prestigious

Love both albums can't wait for this.

5. brandon_260

Trusted Prestigious

Past Lives has grown on me huge. His vocals on the final "Annie rattle through to the beginning" slays me.

6. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

i am of many excite

7. Cody

itsgrocer.bandcamp.com Prestigious

Hell yeah, love these guys. Also, I guess I'll be the first to say it, THAT ALBUM ART :drool:

8. brandon_260

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah the art was amazing.

They've also announced a few last minute shows. Portland/Seattle/Vancouver, BC on June 20/21/22. I've been glad to be back in Toronto and away from Vancouver up until this point. But they're not making it to Toronto on the next tour so now I'm having major fomo.

9. Corey Putney

@coreyputney Prestigious

Skyrocketed to my top five most anticipated. Absolutely love the new songs and the subtle synth stuff they're using on this record. God, I can't wait.

10. brandon_260

Trusted Prestigious

Looks like they played 8 of the 12 tracks from this album at the shows they did this week. Only 3 Hummingbird and 4 Gorilla Manor.

11. Meerkat

human junk drawer Prestigious

Gorilla Manor was a major influence on how I approach drumming. Stoked for new songs from these guys

12. RealVile

he's a great drummer! saw them in vancouver the other night, new songs sound great

13. brandon_260

Trusted Prestigious

Fountain of Youth premiered on BBC. Haven't seen a stream link yet.

whitenblue88 likes this.
  14. Jim

Trusted Supporter

how'd it sound?

15. estebanwaseaten

Trusted

whitenblue88 likes this.
  16. Jim

Trusted Supporter

Fuck this rules

whitenblue88 and estebanwaseaten like this.
  17. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

new Clean Cut Kid too? Count me innnnnnn

18. GreatBeardRecs

Vibes Are High Supporter

sub

19. the rural juror

carried in the arms of cheerleaders

Fuck yes

20. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

New song, "Fountain of Youth"

21. brandon_260

Trusted Prestigious

All three of these songs are so great. Kind of missing the atmosphere of Hummingbird but it's whatever.

22. Kyle is hk

Not Kyle Shanahan Prestigious

I think Villiany is my favorite song of the year so far. There's just something so seductive and addicting about it.

whitenblue88 likes this.
  23. whitenblue88

The rivalry is back on

It's up there for me too! Is it September yet so we can hear the rest of this?

Kyle is hk likes this.
  24. Kyle is hk

Not Kyle Shanahan Prestigious

Yooooo somehow didn't hear Fountains of Youth until now. This record is going to slay

25. brandon_260

Trusted Prestigious

Local Natives Vinyl Store Locator

Just went through my frustration of getting a copy. Record store clearly had no clue what was going on. Never properly charged me for the record, just took my details and credit card number. Then another employee tried to refuse me a copy. Then she tried to say they will just write my name on the record and I can have it when I come and pick up the album in a month (completely defeating the purpose of why the band is doing this). Then she had to call two other people about it, one of whom already told me to just go downstairs and pick the record up from her. Then hands me the record while she's still on the phone with people and doesn't say anything to me. All this while referring to me as "desperate" at least half a dozen times, both to my face and to the people she spoke with on the phone. Shame that after I get Sunlit Youth I won't be shopping there anymore (only going through that because they have my cc number). They've always been my favorite to shop at in Toronto, mainly because the best prices, but it's such a shit feeling be talked down to by an operation that you've supported.