Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Local Music Venues?

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by bradsonemanband, Jul 10, 2017.

1. What are some cool local venues around the west coast/north west US? Places that have good vibes, that people enjoy going to, aren't sketchy, etc.

Booking a small tour this fall with my post hardcore band. If there are any local bands you'd recommend us getting in touch with also, that'd be awesome. We are basically 2003 post hardcore with some psychedelic stuff mixed in.

Thanks in advance!

2. Full Effect Ed

...In F*cking Full Effect Prestigious

Come to the east coast and play at The Ottobar in Baltimore!

3. GEM37

She haunts the roads

Moving back to my hometown of Olympia, WA this August where there's a whole host of small, DIY performance spaces. I don't think The Northern's open anymore, but there is a coffee shop/performance space called Obsidian that's co-owned by one of the guys from Wolves in the Throne Room, so it's legit.

If you manage to come through, hit me up! I'd be happy to come see your stuff!

4. Cgarnsay

Trusted

Mac's Bar, Lansing, MI

5. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

San Diego-

House of Blues (either stage)
    Che Cafe (probably your best bet)
    My backyard. Let's throw a show together!

bradsonemanband likes this.
  6. flask

Trusted Supporter

If you're coming to Southern California then Programme Skate in Fullerton is a good stop. It's a skate shop but they're always hosting shows. Gouge Away just played there a couple weeks ago. A few of my friends have played there and said they're really easy to book with.

7. koryoreo

Trusted Supporter

Analog is pretty much the best all ages venue for smaller bands in Portland. Really awesome venue with one stage upstairs and another downstairs with a full bar. Downstairs is all ages until 10 PM and then becomes 21+ due to the bar. Great management, located in a cool area, venue is constantly being upgraded and hosts a mix of small local DIY shows/national touring acts. Besides that most of the smaller venues in Portland are bars that host random punk/metal shows.

8. chris

Trusted Supporter

second Analog if you're planning a stop in portland

9. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

Forgot to mention Soma which will probably be a little harder to book but it's worth a shot

10. GEM37 Jul 11, 2017
    (Last edited: Jul 11, 2017)
    GEM37

She haunts the roads

It's not L.A., but if you're looking for something within driving distance Rock City Studios is Camarillo in pretty chill - at least from my experience.

I have heard good things about The Smell in DTLA, but apparently it's a 'You Need to Know Somebody Who Knows Somebody' kinda situation there.

11. Great suggestions so far, everybody! Keep 'em comin!

12. also, who are some awesome local bands on the west side of the US that you know of?

13. tumbleweedterror

music is all we got

Glacier Veins, from Portland, are the best band around. We also have some great hardcore bands, like Trust Issues and Akira. Lowest Priority from Seattle are also sick. I know the Bay Area/NorCal has some great indie/emo bands like No Better, I'm Glad It's You, Forget It, etc.

bradsonemanband likes this.
  14. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

i'd go because i have the season pass hahaha