Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Loathe - I Let It In And It Took Everything (February 7, 2020) Album • Page 4

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by drewinseries, Jan 14, 2020.

1. marsupial jones

make a bagel without the hole

part of me thinks there's too much going on here and that they're trying too many things and that i could definitely see someone thinking this is erratic or something like that, but if you connect with this then it really meshes well and works very well. and luckily for me, this has connected with me so all of this is enjoyable and i'd rather have an artist try many various atmospheres, tempos and styles than the same thing for 10-12 songs. love the ambition on this.

2. atlas

Trusted

that entire first verse of Is It Really You is just *chefs kiss X100000*

beachdude likes this.
  3. Gooddayz

always and forever

Damn Screaming is life.

I know I'm beating a dead horse, but I literally thought I was hearing Chino sing in Is It Really You? You can't like Deftones and not like that song.

beachdude and Cameron like this.
  4. atlas

Trusted

Correct me if I’m wrong but they have two vocalists: Kadeem, who does all the screams and some singing, and the guitar player Erik, who does the rest of the singing. I believe Erik sings the verses and Kadeem sings the chorus in IIRY? Erik should start his own dream pop thing, his voice is good as fuck

beachdude likes this.
  5. Gooddayz

always and forever

Wow didn't even realize there were two clean vocalist.

6. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

I started to figure it out towards the middle of the album

7. Ryan?

8. ugman_2000

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah it’s Ryan that manages them

9. socklord

Trusted

Excited to peep this later

10. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

Is it really you is pretty sick - y’all weren’t kidding

Cameron, beachdude and JM95 like this.
  11. JM95 Feb 8, 2020
    (Last edited: Feb 8, 2020)
    JM95

Trusted

The bass is currently my favourite thing on this.

Got to mention that thirteen second scream in Gored as well.

12. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

Didn’t even realize Kadeem was the one doing the chorus on that song haha... that’s dope. They’re honestly both great singers.

13. cherrywaves

Trusted

A lot of this strays a bit too close to that sterile Rise Records metalcore sound for my liking, but the songs that sound like Deftones are fantastic.

14. Nate_Johnson

CCRN, MSN Prestigious

I think the band definitely tows the line of generic metalcore when they go ultra heavy. They also have a great sense of where their strength lies and reel the heavy parts in quickly enough to really showcase the beauty of the melodic sections.

I’m hoping they lean even more into the melodic sound going forward.

beachdude and cherrywaves like this.
  15. cherrywaves

Trusted

Well said. Definitely a ton of potential.

“A Sad Cartoon” is probably my favorite, phenomenal track

beachdude and Nate_Johnson like this.
  16. atlas

Trusted

I think they do a much better job staying away from the Rise Records type sound this go around, the heavier songs to me sound closer to bands like Vein and Car Bomb. Maybe the “groovier” parts sound a bit like the last Northlane album, but I liked that album so I digress.

Their first album was much closer to that sound, which is why I don’t like it as much. This song just isn’t nearly as good as anything on here

beachdude, solxace and trevorshmevor like this.
  17. There are definitely a couple of parts that sound a bit Acacia Strain-y if we’re talking Rise bands (just had to check their roster lol), but yeah they never really go both feet in on that, which is good. I think the juxtaposition of the heavy/pretty parts can feel like a bit of a stretch at times, but when they nail it they really fucking nail it.

If they leaned too much further in the Vein/The Callous Daoboys/Botch direction for the heavy parts idk if it’d work as well

18. I hear more Attack Attack! / Emmure / Glass Cloud in those heavy parts, not sure which ones were on Rise.

19. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

god daoboys kick so much ass

20. solxace

oh word?

I do enjoy the new record a whole lot and the first record is pretty solid by metalcore standards, but this song is one of the standouts, and my personal favorites. It’s SO groovy.

21. solxace

oh word?

Just attack attack haha

22. ImAMetaphor

absence 8/20/21 Prestigious

If any part of this sounds like Attack Attack! Idk if I want to check it out, lmao

Leftandleaving likes this.
  23. atlas

Trusted

It doesn’t

coleslawed, beachdude and ImAMetaphor like this.
  24. I'm talking about their final album, which incorporated djent influences. This one definitely shares a similarity

25. socklord

Trusted

Bless the souls of anybody who endured Attack Attack’s discography all the way until their last album