Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Living With Yourself (Netflix) Movie

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by iCarly Rae Jepsen, Aug 22, 2019.

1. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

2. 333 GANG

ACAB

I’m a simple man. I see Paul Rudd, I binge.

3. @iCarly Rae Jepsen saw your post in the You’re The Worst thread, you watched through this yet? Love Paul Rudd but the trailer/premise didn’t really sell me, need someone to give me the green light

4. Jason Tolpin

Trusted

Watched one episode. Wife thought it was odd. She may not watch anymore. Ill continue somehow though.

5. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

I watched the first three and it didn’t do much for me. It’s so short that I’ll probably just finish it today and can give a better rundown. I expect it to be a pretty forgettable binge despite the great cast.

6. Nyquist

I must now go to the source Supporter

Found myself mostly disappointed in this. I didn’t really care about the characters until episode five when it focused on Kate and infused the show with some much needed emotion, background, and sympathy. After that I was slightly more invested. A lot of dangling threads and an open ending that feels a little weird if there isn’t a second season. Plus, for a show called LIVING WITH YOURSELF it doesn’t really delve into what it is to live with who you are and what you’ve become versus who you were or could be, and it’s made doubly frustrating when you read interviews with the creators who state that they know that and would like to write a second season around that theme if they get one.

EASheartsVinyl likes this.
  7. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

Yeah I don’t know how they managed to make Paul Rudd unlikeable but it happened. Miles is basically impossible to root for in any of his forms. And I agree that I did not expect the story to go in this direction given how interesting the premise inherently is.

Nyquist likes this.
  8. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

Just the first so far, too many damn shows haha

trevorshmevor likes this.
  9. Nyquist

I must now go to the source Supporter

That’s what I kept thinking!

“They did it. I actually hate Paul Rudd in this. Hats off to ‘em I guess.”

10. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

Aisling is definitely the best part.

11. jorbjorb

7 rings

I watched it this weekend. Seemed like a long episode of Black Mirror but I enjoyed it.

dylan likes this.
  12. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

hmmm... Paul Rudd? Black Mirror? I might need to give this a shot.

13. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

It’s not really like BM at all. More like a Charlie Kaufman rip-off that doesn’t know if it wants to be a comedy or drama.

riotspray likes this.
  14. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

[​IMG]

15. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

Because they didn’t write it well enough, sadly.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  16. RyanPm40

Damn that's a bummer. I'll still probably check it out but it isn't at the top of my list

17. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

I definitely wouldn’t rush to it. Even as a super fast watch I still feel like it wasn’t worth my time now that I finished it. Probably my biggest show disappointment in a while since the trailer had me sold completely.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  18. youll be fine

Trusted Supporter

This is okay through 2 episodes

19. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

Watched the first 3 or 4 episodes and I don't feel a huge need to finish it.

20. RyanPm40

So in terms of combining comedy and drama, would folks say this is worse than Dead To Me?

21. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

Oh absolutely.

DrAlanGrant and RyanPm40 like this.
  22. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

It’s not deep or meaningful but it’s entertaining enough. I look forward to another season if they’re able to make it.

23. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Watched the whole thing today and definitely enjoyed it. Nothing mind-blowing but the premise is pretty interesting and Paul Rudd is great as always, and I really enjoyed Aisling Bea who I wasn't familiar with at all before this. Not sure how I feel about the ending though, I think I'll have to see where they go with it in a second season to know for sure

Definitely glad I watched it though