Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Live Nation Buys Veeps

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Live Nation has purchased the majority stake in live streaming platform Veeps, which was co-founded by Good Charlotte’s Madden brothers:

“The idea of working together through this partnership was already kind of a natural and organic thing that was always happening. We’ve worked so closely and over the last decade or so with Live Nation in so many different ways,” Veeps co-founder Joel Madden, also a founding member of pop punk band Good Charlotte, tells Rolling Stone. “Live Nation is genuinely interested in exploring how they approach livestreaming. And I think that they were open to a lot of things.”

more

Not all embedded content is displayed here. You can view the original to see embedded videos, tweets, etc.

2. SupMikecheck

@SupMikecheck

Veeps has always been nice to me as an unsigned artist. Exciting for the Madden Brothers. Between this and their Mddn Co management they’ve grown to be a desired team to work with.

3. pbueddi

Trusted

Congrats to those guys. Really awesome news for them. Now give us a new GC album!

4. Punkrocker

Wiping brings down the rainforest

I'm happy for them and agree, bring on the new music... but I'm extremely apprehensive about live nation gobbling up yet another medium for their near monopoly on live entertainment.

5. IATAvalanche

Regular

if theres live music being played, live nation wants to make that experience as expensive as possible

Punkrocker likes this.
  6. SuNDaYSTaR

Regular Prestigious

Wouldn't be surprised if they sneak in a "live fee" in their ticket prices once bands start touring again.

7. Punkrocker

Wiping brings down the rainforest

For sure there will be a "Streaming convenience fee"