Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Little Women (Greta Gerwig, December 25, 2019) Movie • Page 9

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by iCarly Rae Jepsen, Jun 19, 2019.

1. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

awakeohsleeper and CarpetElf like this.
  2. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

I’ve never read the book nor have I seen any other versions; the timelines were incredibly easy to follow. Are people dumb? (Rhetorical.)

3. Morrissey

Trusted

I was surprised at those complaints. The film very deliberately contrasts the brighter colors and attitude of the past with the more drab and isolated moments of the present.

4. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

There was literally one moment that wasn't immediately obvious and it was cleared up in like 30 seconds. I don't get it.

5. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

Speaking of that Gerwig quote as well, all the talk about the Irishman and how they handled aging their characters when Little Women did the same thing across a more difficult period of time and with no computer generated effects.

6. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

I think maybe when the time jumping first starting in the film I was a little confused, but it all clicked pretty soon after that.

7. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

the only part that was confusing was that Amy was supposed to be 12 in the beginning haha

aoftbsten likes this.
  8. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

The actress that played Beth looking so much younger than the rest was what got me.

iCarly Rae Jepsen likes this.
  9. iCarly Rae Jepsen

she was also like 15 in Sharp Objects

10. Nathan

Always do the right thing. Supporter

Trying to gauge the ages in the flashbacks was the only thing that took me getting a little used to. As I got used to their performances it was no issue.

11. iCarly Rae Jepsen

happy (Amy, Jo, Beth, Meg, Marmee )March everyone

12. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

13. I never notice these goofs even though they seem obvious in the screenshots

mad likes this.
  14. Lucas27

Trusted

Man, I love this movie. The cuts are just perfect. They add so much depth and meaning and even humor. I can’t get enough of past Amy making a molding of her foot to show Laurie she has nice feet coming right after present Amy’s emotional rejection of him.

Zilla and awakeohsleeper like this.
  15. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

16. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

i mean, don't go to the theater, but this is cool

17. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

18. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Late, I know, but this was real nice.

The only qualm is that Odenkirk took me WAY out of the movie when he shows up, but that's more of a me problem being more aware of his past career.

I don't really follow awards, but it sounds like this didn't win many which is unfortunate as it's easily one of the better movies of last year

awakeohsleeper likes this.
  19. Morrissey

Trusted

Saul Goodman showing up to say the title of the movie and then do very little else is one of the best parts of the movie.

20. Morrissey

Trusted

I saw Little Women Christmas morning. I woke up early to go see it at one theater, but they said their version did not download properly the night before. I went to a newer theater that has those reclining Barcalounger seats. They are way too comfortable and I started to feel sleepy in the middle of the movie, but that cameo woke me up.

CarpetElf likes this.
  21. tomdelonge

Trusted

Watched the 1949 Little Women last night. I really loved it. That version’s Jo in particular is a treasure. And Aunt March is hilarious

22. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

I rewatched the 2019 version last night and I have to say, it’s possibly one of my favourite films. Gorgeous from start to finish. And the last film I saw in the cinema...!

Lucas27, tomdelonge, Zilla and 2 others like this.
  23. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

Same, I think this was the last film I saw in the cinema as well

awakeohsleeper likes this.
  24. iCarly Rae Jepsen

25. iCarly Rae Jepsen

Ferrari333SP and Lucas27 like this.