Little Women (Greta Gerwig, December 25,2019) Movie • Page 9

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by iCarly Rae Jepsen, Jun 19, 2019.

1. Serh

@TiredOfSeth Prestigious

awakeohsleeper and CarpetElf like this.
  2. jkauf

Trusted Supporter

I’ve never read the book nor have I seen any other versions; the timelines were incredibly easy to follow. Are people dumb? (Rhetorical.)

3. Morrissey

Trusted

I was surprised at those complaints. The film very deliberately contrasts the brighter colors and attitude of the past with the more drab and isolated moments of the present.

4. CarpetElf

dont fuckle with shuckle Prestigious

There was literally one moment that wasn't immediately obvious and it was cleared up in like 30 seconds. I don't get it.

5. CarpetElf

Speaking of that Gerwig quote as well, all the talk about the Irishman and how they handled aging their characters when Little Women did the same thing across a more difficult period of time and with no computer generated effects.

6. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

I think maybe when the time jumping first starting in the film I was a little confused, but it all clicked pretty soon after that.

7. iCarly Rae Jepsen

I want your stupid love Supporter

the only part that was confusing was that Amy was supposed to be 12 in the beginning haha

aoftbsten likes this.
  8. CarpetElf

The actress that played Beth looking so much younger than the rest was what got me.

iCarly Rae Jepsen likes this.
  9. iCarly Rae Jepsen

she was also like 15 in Sharp Objects

10. Nathan

Always do the right thing. Supporter

Trying to gauge the ages in the flashbacks was the only thing that took me getting a little used to. As I got used to their performances it was no issue.

11. iCarly Rae Jepsen

happy (Amy, Jo, Beth, Meg, Marmee )March everyone

12. Serh

@TiredOfSeth Prestigious

13. I never notice these goofs even though they seem obvious in the screenshots

mad likes this.
  14. Lucas27

Trusted Supporter

Man, I love this movie. The cuts are just perfect. They add so much depth and meaning and even humor. I can’t get enough of past Amy making a molding of her foot to show Laurie she has nice feet coming right after present Amy’s emotional rejection of him.

Zilla and awakeohsleeper like this.
  15. Serh

@TiredOfSeth Prestigious