Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Little Women (Greta Gerwig, December 25, 2019) Movie • Page 7

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by iCarly Rae Jepsen, Jun 19, 2019.

1. Nyquist

I must now go to the source Supporter

I absolutely loved this. My wife was less of a fan, however the 90s version was her favorite childhood film growing up so she had a hard time separating the two, especially when it came to the ending. For me, as soon as the over the top “Jo you’re in love!!!!” comments fired up I was grinning from ear to ear.

CarpetElf and Ferrari333SP like this.
  2. flask

Trusted Supporter

This was fantastic but man i watched Long Shot last night so when Bob Odenkirk showed up in his union army uniform I almost burst out laughing. Biggest twist of all time.

Zilla likes this.
  3. Nathan

Always do the right thing. Supporter

Bob Odenkirk is a great actor but his “naturally funny” energy is off the charts. You have to be careful casting him

4. flask

Trusted Supporter

Every frame of this looks like a Thomas Kinkade painting.

Ferrari333SP, CarpetElf and Shrek like this.
  5. Shrek

can't be made fun of Prestigious

the shot of Jo sitting in the field after rejecting Laurie was fucking gorgeous. too many beautiful shots to count but that one stuck with me.

Ferrari333SP and CarpetElf like this.
  6. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

I thought the same thing. It worked here but it was definitely jarring at first.

7. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

mad likes this.
  8. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

iCarly Rae Jepsen likes this.
  9. iCarly Rae Jepsen

Golden Globes doesn't do adapted and original screenplay!

10. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

Oh well its not like those.matter anyway

11. youll be fine

Trusted Supporter

Seeing this shortly, alone. Can’t wait to cry.

@michael_gatto move back to philly so we can cry together.

CarpetElf and michael_gatto like this.
  12. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

saw this tonight and found it very moving. cried at plenty of parts, loved every character, and I think Florence Pugh in particular was great -- Amy has a lot of moments that could easily make her a less sympathetic character compared to everyone else but FP is magnetic and makes you consider her acting carefully (imo). Greta Gerwig GOAT, lot of beautiful shots (Beth playing piano and Laurie's dad listening on the stairs sticks out as one)

edit: I see I've echoed a lot of people's thoughts; how many of you were also previously unfamiliar w the source material / previous adaptations?

13. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

My mom and sister loved the 90's film, so I remembered certain bits (Amy falling in the pond, Beth being sick & dying). But overall this felt mostly new to me.

14. iCarly Rae Jepsen

morgantayler likes this.
  15. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

I was forced to read this book in 6th grade and obviously as a 12 year old boy haaated it. I don't even remember most of the plot and story.

But the hype this is getting makes me want to see it, especially since I know it's considered a literary classic.

Ferrari333SP and Mrplum5089 like this.
  16. tomdelonge

Trusted

Ive seen this twice and hope to see it again.

I like how this version kinda merges Jo and Louisa May Alcott

Fave of the year for sure

17. morgantayler

Human Typo Prestigious

Serh, Zilla, phaynes12 and 3 others like this.
  18. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

HOW COULD YOU NOT TELL ME THIS YOU PIECE OF SHIT OMG IVE BEEN DYING TO TALK ABOUT THIS WITH SOMEONE.EMMANUEL I HATE YOU

EmmanuelSCastle likes this.
  19. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

This was the only thing i knew coming into the movie and it was because of Friends.

aoftbsten and iCarly Rae Jepsen like this.
  20. Fletchaaa

Trusted Supporter

I didn't love it as much as Lady Bird but anything Greta Gerwig is attached to seems to be must see going forward

21. Matt Chylak

I can always be better, so I'll always try. Supporter

Wow what a wonderful film. She 100% deserves a screenwriting award for how thoughtful some of those scenes were about larger cultural forces, and the cross-cutting juxtapositions were masterful.

Zilla, stayillogical and CarpetElf like this.
  22. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

tomdelonge, Zilla, mad and 2 others like this.
  23. This was great. Gerwig is on top of her game, and Saoirse Ronan is as good as ever. The shot of Jo comforting Beth on the beach might be my favorite. Just the way the wind was blowing the sand and the way it was framed. It stuck with me, especially given what follows.

24. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

About to see this, hypedddd

CarpetElf likes this.
  25. Shrek

can't be made fun of Prestigious

must be weird for her to have reddit be her father

aoftbsten, Zilla and Anthony_ like this.