Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Little things that make you happy. • Page 2

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by kpatrickwood, Apr 13, 2016.

1. Laura

Bozo did the dub Prestigious

Going on an early morning run or walk by the water on a sunny spring day.

HalfHearted likes this.
  2. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

Changing my sheets or getting into clean sheets

3. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

This song

4. When peopke bring donuts or other breakfast treats in to work and you get to totally disregard whatever boring breakfast you were planning on eating

yourfaveweapon likes this.
  5. Kiana

It makes my day when someone brings breakfast treats!!

Everyone at my work is either really healthy or all about some diet fad they're on, so on the rare occasion that donuts are brought I'm the only one who gets excited and devours them lol. I have a reputation as the office glutton which is kinda weird cause at home I live off fruit and yogurt and salad pretty much haha

popdisaster00 likes this.
  6. I eat pretty healthy too, like breakfast for me is usually a couple of hard boiled eggs and that's it. But if donuts are there I simply can't resist them.

trevorshmevor and Kiana like this.
  7. Ainsley&MyWhetstone

Regular

Walking home buzzed (especially at dusk/as the sun is setting) makes me so happy because I notice all the little things on my cross street that are small but beautiful. Moving from rural New England to Chicago has been hard at points because of the lack of nature so having a mile long walk where I'm just super stoked on seeing little things like that goes a long way.

trevorshmevor likes this.
  8. jorbjorb

7 rings

new gitch

9. Kiana

My day sucked. Work was just frustrating and stressful and I got really cranky today, which I never do. I checked my online class and saw an assignment was due last weekend so I turned it in late and idk if it'll count

But one of my teachers emailed me and said they really liked my response about culture and how to integrate it into classrooms and asked if they could share such a well-written response with the class and it lifted my cranky fog. I don't even remember what I wrote but I guess it was good!

Ainsley&MyWhetstone likes this.
  10. Ainsley&MyWhetstone Apr 22, 2016
    (Last edited: Apr 22, 2016)
    Ainsley&MyWhetstone

Regular

At emo night last night I was surprised how many people were wrapped up in play-off Hockey. The entire bar lost its mind when Kane scored the winning goal in OT. It's really fun when people are unified over things like that.

ChaseTx and TheWater(s) like this.
  11. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

Climbing into bed with freshly washed sheets after a hot shower.

12. Laura

The first sip of coffee every morning.

Ainsley&MyWhetstone likes this.
  13. Ainsley&MyWhetstone

Regular

This but also right after having shaved and lotioned legs.

14. TheWater(s)

Kiss The Sky Prestigious

When my life saves me the last bite/piece/whatever of the thing we're sharing.

Makes me happy but also Im gaining weight so maybe I gotta start declining lol

trevorshmevor likes this.
  15. - The absolutely painful first swig of an ice cold Coke.

- Stepping on crunchy leaves.

- Stepping on "glass ice" in the gutters.

- Looking for the biggest worm after it rains.

- New socks.

16. EarthShifts

Trusted

- Watching Impractical Jokers
    - A good glass of lemonade
    - Getting into the zone while running
    - Taking the backroads when I go to visit my parents in my hometown. It goes along the coast and provides some perfect views of the ocean, and then twist into some farmland. Eventually, if it's at night, it provides some great spots to stargaze a bit.
    - Sami Zayn's theme song

17. Ainsley&MyWhetstone

Regular

Having the day off, getting to sleep in, taking as long as I want to get out of bed, and then having a perfect cup of coffee.

Laura likes this.
  18. JessLeigh

just keep your head above; swim.

I love this, hah. I wish I had a bread factory to drive by!

heartbeatsbrain likes this.
  19. Laura

The chocolate/peanut butter shake I had yesterday. I can't stop thinking about it!

20. kpatrickwood

Give what you can.

Funny update on this. Apparently my dad hid the records when they came in the mail, and never told my mom, so she thought they never came. So, she wrote to the company's customer service (Hastings), and explained that the records she paid for never came and requested a refund- which was given. Fast forward to her finding the missing records four years later. My mom, being the sweetheart that she is, wrote the company an apology letter and sent a check to cover the records she'd been given refunds for. One of the higher ups for the company ended up writing her a letter back thanking her for her honesty and letting her know they would not be cashing the check, and to keep the records free of both monetary payment and guilt. So yeah, happy ending.

So, I'll reward some badass customer service and recommend you snag a record from them. I'm about to do the same.

Ainsley&MyWhetstone and FTank like this.
  21. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

That rules.

kpatrickwood likes this.
  22. White

Cum for the Cum God. Prestigious

kpatrickwood likes this.
  23. JessLeigh

just keep your head above; swim.

Grew up in 120 degree heat 9 months out of the year with ~330 days of sunshine per year... So a little thing that makes me happy is when I wake up in the morning and realize it's a blue-ish light coming from behind my blinds instead of harsh white. I get excited and peek out and see that it's OVERCAST! Bonus if it's actually raining. Mmm. Then I know it's gonna be a good day.

kpatrickwood likes this.
  24. kpatrickwood

Give what you can.

This x1000

[​IMG]

25. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

Kinda gross, but popping blackheads.