Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Little things that make you happy.

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by kpatrickwood, Apr 13, 2016.

1. kpatrickwood Apr 13, 2016
    (Last edited: Apr 15, 2016)
    kpatrickwood

Give what you can.

Tell me about some of the trivial bullshit that keeps you going.

I got this text from my mom yesterday and it made my week.

[​IMG]

It's been 4 years.

ChaseTx and Ainsley&MyWhetstone like this.
  2. heartbeatsbrain

Regular

Honestly, one my favorite things is to take an extended detour on my drive to work to drive by the bread making factory with my windows down. That smell of fresh baked bread in the morning is a great way to start the day.

3. kpatrickwood

Give what you can.

That sounds delightful. And thank you for reminding me that I have had a bread maker sitting on top of my fridge for over two years. Should but that thing out today.

heartbeatsbrain likes this.
  4. HalfHearted

Regular

Saturday/Sunday morning coffee on the front porch (weather permitting).

5. elphshelf

100% made of farts Supporter

Smoking hookah outside on a warm evening.

6. teenagemustache

I used to be cool...

Sleeping in on the weekend with my fiance.

Jason Tate likes this.
  7. dustyfloors

Baskiceball Champion

My girlfriend and I have a couch that pulls out into a bed. When we're feeling especially lazy we sometimes like to pull that thing out and just sleep in front of the TV with our cat laying on our feet.

AelNire and popdisaster00 like this.
  8. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Any time I see a fox.

Michael, angrycandy and Jason Tate like this.
  9. nchlsnwtn

Regular Prestigious

crawling into bed after a long day of work. or coming home from work to be informed by my parents that we are going out to one of my favorite restaurants.

Jason Tate likes this.
  10. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

My work has a lot of train tracks around it and the satisfaction of driving over them and then seeing the things go down in my rear view is the best. It's just lucky timing but I feel like the gods are with me and want me to be on time.

Cody Nelson and Neo Cassady like this.
  11. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

More recently, when I get on the T (subway in Boston) and the driver says "Just get on, forget the fares"

Why Bother? likes this.
  12. AelNire and Garrett L. like this.
  13. When my cat flops down and makes a little "mer mer mer" noise.

HalfHearted, DarkHotline and omgrawr like this.
  14. omgrawr

That loneliness is not a function of solitude.

When the length of one of the podcasts I listen to weekly lines up perfectly with the amount of time that I'm going to be driving somewhere.

15. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

Related, I really love when I'm listening to a song and it ends right when I get to my destination.

collin512 and omgrawr like this.
  16. mena

This whole box is Pepe Silvia! Prestigious

When somebody tells you something reminded them of you/made them think of you. Makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

17. muttley

"Fuck you, Peaches!" Prestigious

There's that feeling I get from time to time when I feel absolutely content and happy in the moment. I don't know how to describe it. I get it sometimes when I'm driving with the windows down in cool weather, or when I'm outside late in the afternoon, when the sun is low and not harsh, and there's a nice breeze. Like a little glimpse of real peace. Just makes me want to smile.

trevorshmevor, collin512 and omgrawr like this.
  18. DarkHotline

Proud To Bathe With A Rag On A Stick Prestigious

That moment when I feel the warmth on the sun, that pleasant smell of warm weather finally coming around after the throes of the death of life that is winter. Oh and when my cat jumps up on my bed and wakes me up purring in my ear.

muttley likes this.
  19. Lindsay M

drunk on the radio waves

When my cat lets me pet her without biting, honestly. It's rare.

Neo Cassady likes this.
  20. mgiannotti

edge mike Supporter

When I come home from school and my little brother has been waiting to show me he learned how to play a song on the guitar from a band I showed him. Love that kid so much.

collin512 and Why Bother? like this.
  21. Mint Grape Al Fahker. Can't ask the world for more.

collin512 likes this.
  22. jump start

Total ginger. Prestigious

When it's really nice outside, so I can take a nap with the window open.

trevorshmevor and kelly like this.
  23. Fucking Dustin

Please click "like" Supporter

Old music

A terrible pun

Doing something small that I don't normally do, like going dancing

General politeness

24. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

looking at Rottweilers on Instagram

25. Neo Cassady

Summer taunts the weak. Prestigious

I have to cross train tracks to get to/from work, too. If I'm on the way home and had a good day at work, I actually like being the first person stopped by the train. It's fun looking at all of the cars go by, reading the graffiti, and wondering: where is that train coming from, where is it going, where were those cars sitting when they were painted on, etc. On the other hand, if it's the morning and I'm already running late, that train is the worst thing to ever happen and the situation you described makes my day.

Kiana likes this.