Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Little Fires Everywhere (Hulu)

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by stayillogical, Jan 21, 2020.

1. stayillogical

Kayak, deed, rotator, noon, racecar, Woo Young-woo Prestigious

"The book tells the story of a single mother, Mia Warren, who moves to the suburbs in Ohio with her teenage daughter, where they become involved with Elena Richardson and her picture-perfect family. While Mia is a free-spirited artist with a mysterious past, Elena is a stickler for the rules and status quo."

I'm not sure I like the look of the trailer yet. The book was amazing.

falafelmywaffle likes this.
  2. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

3. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

interested.

4. michael_gatto

Trusted

Almost through the first episode, pretty decent so far. Debating picking up the book to get me through this quarantine.

5. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

it's mostly good so far but goddamn some of the characters and some of the acting is cringe. i'm liking it enough to keep going though

6. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

Third episode was the best by far. I’ve spent a ton of the show screaming into a pillow from the tension and terrible comments by so many characters though. And some of the dialogue has been pretty anachronistic for the time period, but overall I’m really enjoying it.

phaynes12 and michael_gatto like this.
  7. michael_gatto

Trusted

Me and my wife watched the first 3 today. Definitely got really good by the 3rd episode, Reese and Kerry are really good so far too. Hoping this continues to get better as it goes, but I'm excited regardless.

Now I'm not sure if I should pick up the book and read it while watching the show or wait till after the show is over.

8. iCarly Rae Jepsen

I know Reese only plays type a busybodies but she is so good at it that I don't mind

9. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

I love that she’s been playing those characters since the 90s and now is playing one in a period piece for the same era. Incredible.

10. iCarly Rae Jepsen

yeah I rewatched Election the other day

EASheartsVinyl likes this.
  11. irthesteve

great first 3 episodes, can't wait to see where it goes

12. stayillogical

Kayak, deed, rotator, noon, racecar, Woo Young-woo Prestigious

The book is so great, everyone should just read it.

13. iCarly Rae Jepsen

I can't get over the boys being named Trip and Moody and Helena saying being gay is very rare, at least Trip looks exactly like what Joshua Jackson's teenage son would look like

overall I like this but it could def get a bit dramatic and Izzy is the only truly likable one

14. phaynes12

the "GET IN THE CARRRRRR" scene is some of the worst acting i've ever seen lol

sawhney[rusted]2 likes this.
  15. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

The actress playing young Mia does a great job of portraying Kerry Washington’s mannerisms.

16. irthesteve

Wow, what a finale

17. phaynes12

thought this was pretty bad and cringey throughout but yeah, the finale was great. i’ve never seen reese scream like that

18. irthesteve

you really hate a lot of stuff, huh?

19. phaynes12

i didn’t say i hated it steve

20. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

I liked the whole thing a lot. Some parts were kind of over the top or blatant where subtlety might have been better, but most of the more dramatic moments were still pretty believable to me and the layers of how awful everyone was worked really well. I’m surprised to hear that the book ends so differently.

That fight with the kids and Reese’s scream will haunt me for a while for sure. She hit almost inaudible levels.

21. irthesteve

YOU HATE EVERYTHING

22. irthesteve

Does it? I thought the show pretty much ended the same way

23. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

Yeah, apparently the source of the fires isn’t a mystery in the book and it’s a different culprit, and a lot of the details of what happens or where people go is different. I may try to read it at some point.

24. irthesteve

ahhh very interesting, reading about the changes now!

25. iCarly Rae Jepsen

I love Izzy so much but the show was definitely too dramatic sometimes and it's hard for me to watch a show where there's only one likable character, I guess Pacey to some extent