Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Listener - Being Empty: Being Filled (2017) Album • Page 3

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by SmashRipsaw, Jul 19, 2017.

1. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

Which show are you at? I’m going on Tuesday in Leeds. Can’t wait to see Levi the Poet as well.

2. Dublin! Assuming we get our collective shit together before Thursday in the wake of the storm we've been dealing with over the past few days.

awakeohsleeper likes this.
  3. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

I hope you do!

4. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

Saw them last night and they were brilliant. The new songs sound fantastic live. A great show.

(Levi the Poet was incredible too).

5. We have, even if the gig had to be moved because the original venue closed down. Did I mention the original show was meant to be in August of last year? They have a lot to make up for tomorrow night, can't wait.

6. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

Did you enjoy it...?!

7. abear182

Regular

Never heard of this band but went to their show in Belfast on Wednesday with some friends.

Instrumentals where super impressive wasn't a massive fan of just the one vocalist but it worked for what they are trying to do. Sound wasn't great but I would put that down to the venue. Was only maybe just over 50 people in a attendance.

Overall enjoyable night!

8. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

The vocals aren't for everyone, but I am a big fan of the 'talk music' poetry style stuff. Sad the sound wasn't great in the venue - it was pretty good in Leeds.

Did you catch Levi the Poet before?

9. waking season

Trusted Prestigious

I’m finally getting around to listening to this and yeah it’s great. I like the more sparse arrangements on their earlier music but this full band sound suits them well.

10. well they opened with Eyes to the Ground for Change so that set the tone for the night. Fucking great set.

coleslawed and awakeohsleeper like this.
  11. waking season

Trusted Prestigious

Pent Up Genes May very well end up being my favorite Listener song.

12. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

I'm off to see Listener for the second time THIS YEAR tonight. I love that this band gets over to the EU/UK regularly.

I have to admit that this album hasn't stayed with me as much as Time Is A Machine but it's still a great record.

13. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

wild combo, but I am very down. might make a trip for this one.

awakeohsleeper and waking season like this.
  14. LightWithoutHeat

You're not a teammate on my team

This album still rules.

coleslawed likes this.
  15. Mark III

Formerly Someone Else

Love this band so much. Still think this album is the weakest of the last 3, but still great. I tend to reach for Wooden Heart and Time is a Machine a bit more, but listening to this one now and it's better than I remember.

Really wish they'd put out new music at some point. Been way too long

16. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

Time Is A Machine is my favourite. I think they really found their sound on that one. Great band. I do wonder if they’ll return, but Being Empty:Being Filled came from nowhere.