Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Listener - Being Empty: Being Filled (2017) Album • Page 2

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by SmashRipsaw, Jul 19, 2017.

1. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

They've released the first two tracks on a 7" as far as I can gather. No release date for the full length. Think they're going to be releasing a series of limited 7" before the full length.
    This is where Wikipedia helped me. Heard about Listener and then found out Dan Smith was in Deepspace 5, haha!

2. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

3. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

really wish these were on streaming services.

4. SmashRipsaw

Outcast Tape Infirmary

The way they're releasing this album is slightly infuriating. I just want to hear the songs.

5. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

Yes. Give me the full length please! I think I would have had more patience if they had given us more info (ie. we're releasing 4 7" vinyls with two songs each and then putting all 8 tracks out as a full length on date X). Instead we still don't know when (if?!) the full length will be released.

Get it out soonish and it's a contender for album of the year judging by some of these songs. So I'll forgive them for the lack of info!

coleslawed likes this.
  6. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

7. SmashRipsaw

Outcast Tape Infirmary

8. solxace

oh word?

This album is incredible. This band is SUPER underrated.

9. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

Going to wait until next week but super excited to hear this!

10. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

Hell yes. Gonna listen to this tonight.

11. PauLo

43% Burnt

Man, this has pining for stuff like their first two albums. This is good, no doubt. But I just wish they’d go back to some more mellow, more electronic sound.

12. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

See, for me Time Is A Machine was flawless and the moment they became a proper band rather than some vocals over a bit of instrumentation. So I’m excited to hear this on Friday.

coleslawed, waking season and solxace like this.
  13. SmashRipsaw

Outcast Tape Infirmary

I will admit that it's much harder to appreciate the lyrics when everything is so loud, but I still think the newer stuff is interesting musically. It would be nice if Dan released a spoken word version of the new songs like he's done in the past.

14. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

I definitely didn't expect this to sound like it does. I'm digging it though.

15. lina555

Regular

It is brilliant.

16. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

Had my first listen this morning and I enjoyed it. Probably didn't strike me in the way that Time Is A Machine did but I'm looking forward to repeated listens where I can dig into the lyrics.

17. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

I'm getting mewithoutYou vibes in places more strongly than ever before with this band.

Such a good record so far.

18. Dog with a Blog

Where is this album

19. mescalineeyes

I wanna dance to me Prestigious

Dog with a Blog likes this.
  20. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

Dog with a Blog likes this.
  21. azzy01

Regular

Yea, I don't think it's up for streaming yet.

Album is fantastic though, they really stepped up the songwriting on this. Sure it places less emphasis on Dan's vocals but everything else is improved a good bit, I'd put this up there with mwy and la dispute's best projects.

Also Josh scogin co produced it, which kinda makes sense when you hear it.

22. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

Had no idea Scogin was involved - nice!

23. LightWithoutHeat

You're not a teammate on my team

Heard Shock and Value last year and it blew me away. Didn’t realize this was out but I bought it immediately. First song already has me hooked.

awakeohsleeper likes this.
  24. LightWithoutHeat Feb 28, 2018
    (Last edited: Feb 28, 2018)
    LightWithoutHeat

You're not a teammate on my team

This album is brilliant. It's exactly what I didn't know I needed.

Early standouts are Add Blue and Window to the World, and also every single track.

awakeohsleeper likes this.
  25. going to see these guys next week, I don't even want to think about their merch table because these guys fucking love their physical product