Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Linkin Park Band • Page 96

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Jason Tolpin, Jun 10, 2017.

1. Davjs

Trusted

You spoke my mind.

BTDandFeelingThis likes this.
  2. Tomozaurus

Regular

This discussion in this thread inspired me to listen to A Thousand Suns for the first time in a while. Holy shit I'd forgotten how good When They Come For Me is. God damn that song slaps.

Zilla, beachdude, Davjs and 2 others like this.
  3. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Yeah ATT is my favorite as well

beachdude and BTDandFeelingThis like this.
  4. Rowan5215

An inconsequential shift as the continents drift.

Minutes to Midnight has really been grabbing me recently after years of not liking it too much

In Between is probably one of the most underrated, beautiful LP songs

5. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

beachdude and Davjs like this.
  6. Davjs

Trusted

This sounded pretty good, better than I thought going in. The bass sounded really good throughout. Fun cover.

7. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

A new demo from the One More Light sessions, "What Are You Worth?" leaked online. I haven't heard it yet, but apparently it's just Mike on vocals.

Davjs likes this.
  8. beachdude

This is actually a pretty cool track imo. Definitely would've fit on One More Light.

9. Micool1

Trusted Prestigious

I wanted to listen, but couldn't find it anywhere.

Davjs and beachdude like this.
  10. Rowan5215

What Are You Worth? is great. all the Mike-led songs from OML are album highlights, honestly, even with that ill-advised drop in Sorry For Now

beachdude likes this.
  11. Cmoney86

Trusted

So a band called trash boat released a single/cover of given up the dude dose the 18 second scream it’s fucking crazy

12. sh0ez

Regular

Tobi from Trash Boat on Songs That Saved My Life talking about Linkin Park and Chester:

Trash Boat's cover of "Given Up":

Spotify:

Apple Music:

13. Cmoney86

Trusted

two years ago today the music industry and one of the biggest bands in the world lost a huge voice and influence to tons of bands that are huge today. linkin park was huge for me growing up and when i woke up 2 years ago today after working a 10 hour shift at work with my phone blowing up with texts facebook messages Facebook post snaps i couldn't believe what i was reading i had to jump on my laptop to see if it was true and it was. i was devastated Chester was an amazing voice and we will never hear another song with his powerful voice and emotions on it again. i will admit while im typing this i am crying. 2 years later and the thought still wrecks me. rip Chester you and your band where huge for me! with that being said no one knows what someone is going through so always look out for your friends and people in general. depression and mental health is huge and should not be taken for granted.

14. Rowan5215

man 2 years? goddamn. RIP an icon

RyanPm40 likes this.
  15. owenlongsworth

Regular

This one still hasn’t sank in yet :(

16. JamesMichael

Software Engineer Prestigious

Still sucks so much to loose such an icon.

17. owenlongsworth

Regular

Also, I guess while we’re at it.

The last I read a little while ago, the band said they’ve finally got around to discussing making new music. Said at this point, all options are open, whether it be someone replacing Chester or going on without him.

18. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

I still think about chester A LOT :(

beachdude and JamesMichael like this.
  19. Brent

Trusted Prestigious

Never knew about this (this is Nate from Finch)

RIP Chester

20. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

I still think my ideal situation for LP going forward would be them continuing as a 5-piece.

If they feel comfortable replacing Chester, I'd obviously respect that, but for a band that had a consistent for nearly two decades, having only had like a couple people pass through briefly before settling on the "Linkin Park" name... From the outside, I can't imagine how adding one new person into the mix, after losing one to a tragedy, would work. Unless one or two members decided not to continue, & the band were relaunched w/ more than one change.

If they retired or remixed most of their discography, made an album's worth of new material before playing any new shows, & then toured on just the new songs & the tracks here & there they can pull off w/out Chester, I think that'd work.

(Focusing on that 'cause it's easier to talk about. What else can I say about Chester? Sucked to find out. Still sucks. RIP.)

Tomozaurus and beachdude like this.
  21. I hope they don’t replace Chester with another singer. And if they do, they have to change their name.

22. owenlongsworth

Regular

Yes, the band didn’t get big until after Chester joined, but even then, he was the last to join. The guys started in 96, he joined in 99. Mike’s always been the main songwriter (music, vocals & lyrics) and kind of the band leader, and now producer. For a band that has an ever changing sound, having a new singer would only keep the evolution going. They don’t “have” to do anything besides what they want to do.

23. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

Yeah, I wouldn't ever say that a close knit group "has to" do anything in the aftermath of one of 'em ending his life. Given the band's history, I can't imagine new "Linkin Park" material w/ the same lineup except w/ a new singer thrown in, nor would I wanna wish that kinda pressure on any individual. But, that ended up being the decision they best about as a group, I'd support them in it (even if I wasn't into who they got).

beachdude likes this.
  24. TEGCRocco

Assume It's A Bit

They can definitely continue as a five piece as far as ability goes. Mentally is another thing. I could see them bringing on a touring member to cover some of the stuff that Mike would normally be stuck behind his keyboard for so he can be a more "proper" frontman and maybe help out on some of the more challenging vocals that Mike can't consistently do, but I really doubt they'd add a new member to the core band.

beachdude, Dirty Sanchez and Tim like this.
  25. beachdude

Yeah, personally I'd support any decision they made. I think/hope they'll mostly make Mike the primary focus vocally if they do choose to continue... I like the idea @TEGCRocco has of a touring member. Honestly I feel like Alice in Chains could be a good comparison point of how a band can regroup after the tragic loss of a frontman... they did add a new member, but for the new material the band's main songwriter/co-vocalist (Jerry Cantrell) became much more prominent in terms of doing most of the lead vocals.

TEGCRocco and JamesMichael like this.