Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Linkin Park Band • Page 93

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Jason Tolpin, Jun 10, 2017.

1. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

I listen to about half of Meteora but rarely any of HT

2. BTDandFeelingThis

Now I Know This World Isn’t Spinning Just For Me Prestigious

Meteora
    HT
    MTM
    LT
    THP
    ATS
    OML

Theres not one album I dislike though. I’ll admit I haven’t listened to them much since Chester passed except for the bracket

anonimito likes this.
  3. anonimito

Abelian Supporter

I'd slide ATS to first place (big jump, I know), but other than that, your ranking is identical to mine.

Bad Frequencies likes this.
  4. Davjs

Trusted

That is a hot take lol, and I'm usually king of those! You don't consider A Place for My Head, Points of Authority, Faint and Numb all great songs?

The new album/our bracket/Chester's passing had me listening to all LP for months. I'm with you where I don't dislike a single album, and only a handful of songs will I skip.

A Thousand Suns
    Meteroa
    Hybrid Theory
    The Hunting Party
    Living Things
    One More Light
    Reanimation
    Minutes to Midnight

anonimito and Bad Frequencies like this.
  5. Davjs

Trusted

One More Light has really grown on me. I don't think there is a single bad track on it.

6. TEGCRocco

Assume It's A Bit

I would not. They're fine (I would say APFMH, Faint and POA are fantastic live songs, however), but I just don't have the desire to go back to those albums much.

Ranking:
    A Thousand Suns
    Minutes To Midnight
    One More Light
    Living Things
    The Hunting Party
    Hybrid Theory
    Meteora

7. Davjs

Trusted

We can agree on that! The crowd always got moving for those tracks!

8. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

One More Light
    Minutes to Midnight
    A Thousand Suns
    Living Things
    Meteora
    Hybrid Theory
    The Hunting Party

Definitely could change since I think OML might be getting the benefit of some recency bias - I've consistently played it a ton over the last year - but that's it right now.

9. owenlongsworth

Regular

A Thousand Suns
    Minutes to Midnight
    Hybrid Theory
    The Hunting Party
    One More Light
    Meteora
    Living Things

While I think all of the albums are good or better, I think all of the ones released after ATS were affected by the band wanting to release an album every two years at that point. I think if they just took their time in the studio they would have been even better.

I also wanted them to stay going down that experimental route after ATS. I felt like Living Things was a huge step backwards when it came out and I still kind of do.

And it’s good to see so many people warming up to OML now. While I really enjoyed it when it was released, Chester’s suicide really made it feel like a different album, and in a weird way, made it more impactful. All of the lyrics definitely stood out more afterwards. And not just in that album, they’re entire discography.

10. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Collision Course*
    Minutes to Midnight
    Hunting Party
    One More Light
    Meteora
    Hybrid Theory
    A Thousand Suns
    Living Things

* I work out to Collision Course all the time, so I like to include that in the discography lol.

Davjs likes this.
  11. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

It's almost been a year since Chester passed and I am realizing I haven't listened to a single LP song since then, every time I think about throwing something on I get sad. One More Light has been in my "listen to" folder since he passed and I can't bring myself to listen to it yet, I gotta change that soon.

Davjs likes this.
  12. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

I think I am gonna do a full discography run today.

Fuck, Chester was such a phenomenal vocalist. Those power harmonies in the bridge to Papercut. C'mon, son.

beachdude42 and Davjs like this.
  13. Cmoney86

Trusted

A year ago today we lost Chester. Him leaving us had a huge impact on me because linkin Park is the band that got me into different kinds of music and responsible for most of the stuff I listen to now. I’m lucky to have seen them live 7 times over the years. Today is a sad day and my Chester rip

14. Tomozaurus

Regular

I listened to their full discog. in remembrance. Seeing as we were doing ranks a little ago, I'll chuck mine up.

Hybrid Theory
    The Hunting Party
    Minutes to Midnight
    Meteora
    A Thousand Suns
    Living Things
    One More Light

I don't get the attitude towards THP. In my opinion, Guilty All The Same, Rebellion, Mark the Graves, Final Masquerade and A Line in the Sand are all among their best tracks.

I'll admit Keys to The Kingdom sucks though.

15. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

Damn, Keys to the Kingdom is the best song on that weak album

16. musicfan10

Trusted

Meteorais their best work

17. Davjs

Trusted

Pretty cool little tribute jam

Petit nain des Îles likes this.
  18. Micool1

Trusted Prestigious

It was awesome! My body still hurts from that show.

19. Davjs

Trusted

I still haven't seen the Sums since their reunion. The need more midwest dates!

20. Micool1

Trusted Prestigious

They're still great live. I didn't know there was a video from here on the internet. It's pretty cool.

21. Davjs

Trusted

I'm addicted to youtube and band videos haha. If it's out there, I'll find it!

22. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

23. TEGCRocco

Assume It's A Bit

This is cool

24. Davjs

Trusted

Damn this is so good. So nice to get one last unexpected song from him.

beachdude and Bad Frequencies like this.
  25. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious