Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Linkin Park Band • Page 92

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Jason Tolpin, Jun 10, 2017.

1. manoverboard365

Trusted

Wow I never heard that Adele cover before. Sounds so good.

beachdude42 and AlwaysEvolving21 like this.
  2. DickyCullz

I create content for some of your favorite artists

I was at that show. one of my favorite gigs

LP were my first ever proper rock show when I was 15 and hybrid theory had come out so they will always have a special place in my heart

3. Micool1

Trusted Prestigious

They were also my first show when I was 15 but it was after Minutes to Midnight came out.

4. Davjs

Trusted

What a great show. So jelly of anyone who was able to see this live! The Catalyst was epic.

AlwaysEvolving21 likes this.
  5. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Been giving A Thousand Suns another chance. I think its finally growing on me. There are some very cool parts on it.

Nothing will top Minutes To Midnight or Hunting Party for me though. Love those albums so much.

anonimito and Davjs like this.
  6. Davjs

Trusted

Hunting Party doesn't get enough love. It's one of their best. ATS will always be my fav but I get why it's kinda an acquired taste. Glad it's coming around for you!

anonimito and AlwaysEvolving21 like this.
  7. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

I think Hunting Party is easily their worst :seeno:

8. TEGCRocco

Assume It's A Bit

The second half of THP has some of their best tracks, but the first half is eh at best.

9. Davjs

Trusted

The first half with Keys to the Kingdom, All for Nothing and War? It's all great, but will agree that Mark the Graves, Final Masquerade and Line in the Sand are something special.

10. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

I’ll say it again, THP has a great opening two tracks and closing two tracks. The rest I could completely do without

Petit nain des Îles likes this.
  11. TEGCRocco

Assume It's A Bit

Yes.

Keys is too disjointed for my tastes and Chester sounds awful on the chorus. The guitar solo on it is dope, though.
    All For Nothing is just uninteresting to me
    Guilty is actually good, so there's one exception
    The Summoning is the most useless track on any LP album IMO
    War is one of the worst songs the band has ever released
    Wastelands is the most unapologetic "we can still do HT/Meteora" thing the band has done, and that's more than enough reason for me to hate it.

12. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Oh man. Wasteland is one of my top favorite LP songs.

Davjs likes this.
  13. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

That song is so blah to me. One of my least favorite LP songs tbh.

14. Micool1

Trusted Prestigious

The Hunting Party is great! I've listened to it so much when it came out.

Davjs likes this.
  15. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

I still loathe ATS. I remember THP being a pleasant surprise when I revisited it for the LP bracket.

16. Davjs

Trusted

What if you cut out all little intermisson tracks and just have the full songs? It's a pretty great collection of tracks my dude.

-Buring in the Sky
    -When They Come for Me
    -Robot Boy
    -Waiting for the End
    -Blackout
    -Wrenches and Kings
    -Iridescent
    -The Catalyst
    -The Messenger

That's what I like to hear!

anonimito likes this.
  17. TEGCRocco

Assume It's A Bit

ATS is so easily the band's best work.

18. Davjs

Trusted

Wastelands is such a throw back to their earlier days, and thats why I love it! They do the rap rock style so good, I'm glad we got a few more after Metora lol

AlwaysEvolving21 likes this.
  19. Davjs

Trusted

I really think so. I wish they had all the time in the world to spend more time in the studio while they were in that headspace and gave us like a double album or something.

anonimito likes this.
  20. Davjs

Trusted

Aw man, what a heart breaking thing to read lol. Summoning is just an interlude so I don't really count it, but I love that we got some heavy stuff from Chester on both Keys and Guilty. I think All For Nothing is maybe my favorite Mike solo song on an LP album, and really happy we have one hardcore punk song like War. Super sad Chester is gone :tear:

Sorry this is structured like a jumbled mess rant.

21. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

ATS is their most impressive and cohesive work, but I don’t listen to it much. Maybe my third or fourth favorite.

22. Micool1

Trusted Prestigious

I hated ATS with a passion when it came out, but now I think it might be my favourite.

anonimito likes this.
  23. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

That’s still only 60%! Almost half the album is weird interludes! I could probably appreciate it more for its artsiness if it came out today but 19yo me was so viscerally repulsed by it when it came out that it might still be coloring my opinion haha. Also the album art’s lame lol

As for the songs themselves,
    I think blackout, robot boy, and catalyst (which just goes on too long) are good.
    Burning, waiting, and iridescent just strike me as rehashes of that soft radio rock sound they did better on leave out all the rest and shadow of the day. Those 5 are essentially the same song to me lol
    Personally, I think WTCFM and WAK are unlistenable, with WAK possibly my least fav song in their discog.
    I just don’t like Messenger. Doesn’t fit on the album for me and I don’t care for Chester’s singing in it.

So yea out of 15 songs I think 3 are worth listening to lol. I acknowledge my heavy adolescent bias though and in retrospect it’s pretty incredible and admirable they released it after some of the backlash M2M got so I’m genuinely glad other people appreciate it.

Davjs likes this.
  24. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

I didn't listen to any full LP album until after Chester died so I didn't really have any nostalgic connection to the albums outside of the singles, so when I went through the whole discography I actually enjoyed the back half a TON. I'd probably put every album over HT except for OML and Living Things for example

25. TEGCRocco

Assume It's A Bit

I have the hot take that every album post-Meteora is better than the first two, and the even hotter take that the only truly GREAT songs from the first two albums are Breaking The Habit and My December. There are other good songs (mostly from HT), but I don't go out of my way to listen to any of them outside of a live setting.