Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Linkin Park Band • Page 5

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Jason Tolpin, Jun 10, 2017.

1. Davjs

Trusted

wut, I am always championing of all their albums! was that meant for me?

BTDandFeelingThis likes this.
  2. Larry David

I'll see you again in 25 years Prestigious

I'll have to re listen to both for sure

3. BTDandFeelingThis

Now I Know This World Isn’t Spinning Just For Me Prestigious

...no. I was quoting TBS since you said they'd know what they've been missing

4. Davjs

Trusted

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh lol. I guess it would make sense that TBS should have been on my mind >-p

5. NitrateDawn

Regular

A Thousand Suns is their best album IMO, after that none of their releases have grabbed me though. I'll have to give it all another listen and reevaluate.

Anti-Counter-Culture likes this.
  6. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

yes! i meant to include it was the MCR/TBS show. that was right as i was getting into TBS so i didn't appreciate it as much at the time, but holy shit MCR blew me the hell away.

7. BTDandFeelingThis

Alright everyone, the Taking Back Sunday brackets are on the championship, so this one will be starting after that. Hopefully we get some activity in here, spread the word around, and all that jazz

8. BTDandFeelingThis

PS. starting with OML, and working back. I already have the bracket made

9. bachna84

we are nothing more than mannequins Prestigious

My only suggestion would be to maybe make the first round open for a full day just to give people a chance to dive into the album and give the songs a good listen. There may be some people (myself included) who aren't super familiar with their past 2-3 albums and a little time to digest it would help!

Looking forward to starting these. Thanks for organizing and keeping track of this!

10. BTDandFeelingThis

That's my plan. Truth be told, when I did the blink-182 ones I usually left the rounds open all day. People loved that at first but towards the end I had people cough @bradsonemanband cough cough and others saying it took too long, so I decided to try shortening the rounds for TBS.

With the LP ones I will probably go back to my original format since this thread was a dead zone prior to this

bachna84 likes this.
  11. bachna84

we are nothing more than mannequins Prestigious

Awesome! I hope my post didn't come off as criticizing you. You did a great job with the TBS brackets.

12. BTDandFeelingThis

Not at all. I speak Clevelander, I knew what you meant

ncarrab and bachna84 like this.
  13. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

yea with the newer albums i'm gonna need some time to give them each their due diligence. semester also just started so i have way less time haha.

14. BTDandFeelingThis

First bracket will go up tomorrow around 7AM CT. Take the night to listen to OML :)

js977 likes this.
  15. Hahaha

16. BTDandFeelingThis

bradsonemanband likes this.
  17. BTDandFeelingThis

Before we get this underway, I would like to thank everyone for attending and participating in this. These bracket games are for pure fun, and keep in mind these are everyone's opinions. Be respectful.

Everyone, welcome to:

THE CHESTER BENNINGTON MEMORIAL: LINKIN PARK FACE OFF

This tournament game is dedicated to Linkin Park's Chester Bennington, a skilled vocalist and talented man that left this world too early, loved and admired by many.
    This will be NCAA style matches, with randomly generated brackets for each album facing off to decide which is the winner of each album. At the end of all of the albums, we'll do a finale Champions Bracket to decide the best overall Linkin Park song!

This game is being run as a charity of sorts:
    IT IS NOT REQUIRED TO PLAY, BUT IF YOU FEEL GENEROUS, WOULD LIKE TO HONOR CHESTER AND LINKIN PARK OR SIMPLY WOULD LIKE TO DONATE TO HELP SUICIDE AWARENESS, PLEASE FEEL WELCOME TO DONATE TO LINKIN PARK'S OWN MUSIC FOR RELIEF AND THE ONE MORE LIGHT FUND IN CHESTER'S HONOR HERE:
    Chester - Music For Relief

Rules:
    1. Voting will take place over 10-24 hour period, depending on How close the matches are(if there's a wide margin too far to beat the round may be run ruled to not waste time).
    2. You must vote on every match in a round. If you don't your other votes don't count. Jut reply to this thread with your choices. I will not vote unless there is a tie needed to be broken.
    3. Feel free to discuss why you chose one song over the other and why you like that song. It's what helps keeps these fun!
    4. I avoid byes into rounds if I can, but sometimes it's necessary. These are randomly generated I do not pick them.
    5. Once your votes are counted, signified by me 'liking' your post, there are no vote changes. Choose wisely before posting!

And with that, let's begin!

Vote to advance your favorites on to the next round! Round 1 starts now, Begin!

CHESTER BENNINGTON MEMORIAL LINKIN PARK FACE OFF

ONE MORE LIGHT ROUND UP

Round 1(Today)
    ---
    Heavy Vs. Sorry For Now
    One More Light Vs. Battle Symphony
    ---
    Round 2
    Winner of 1 Vs. Nobody Can Save Me
    Halfway Right Vs. Good Goodbye
    Winner of 2 Vs. Talking To Myself
    Invisible Vs. Sharp Edges

18. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

Sorry For Now
    One More Light

I'm a big fan of songs Mike sings lead on, so my vote will probably go to those every time

19. mike1885

Trusted Supporter

Sorry for Now
    One More Light

20. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

Heavy
    One More Light

21. Larry David

Sorry For Now
    One More Light

22. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

I'll join in once we get to Living Things and on. I did do a listen of each of these songs this morning, but feel foolish voting for songs after one listen (although I've obviously heard Heavy a bunch).

23. Micool1

Trusted Prestigious

1- I like both songs but I'll go with Heavy.
    2- One More Light. This song just has so much significance now after all that happened.

24. Larry David

25. BTDandFeelingThis

And I appreciate all of you guys :)

That works, although these rounds will run slower than TBS did so if you want to take time to listen to these before voting or THP you have time