Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Linkin Park Band • Page 110

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Jason Tolpin, Jun 10, 2017.

1. oneeightytwo

Regular

Mikes remix of Passenger is incredible.

Mcrx and beachdude like this.
  2. Mcrx

Regular

Ohh yes!! I don't usually like remixes, and don't know that I've ever liked a remix more than the original song (although, if you count Reannimation songs, there are a few there), but this one is a total upgrade! And that's saying a lot, cuz the original is already pretty amazing!

3. TEGCRocco

Assume It's A Bit

Mike in general I think is one of the most underrated producers working today. The dude consistently pumps out amazing stuff. I've been listening to his solo stuff pretty much on repeat the last few weeks and it's all A+ stuff

beachdude and Mcrx like this.
  4. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

I've said it in here before I think but his Twitch streams over quarantine have been amazing. He makes producing amazing instrumentals of all genres in like 45 minutes look so easy lol

Tomozaurus and beachdude like this.
  5. Tomozaurus

Regular

I didn't know what I needed in a shitty year like this one was a re-release of Hybrid Theory, but I guess it really was.

[​IMG]

Mcrx, skogsraet, Mary V and 2 others like this.
  6. Cmoney86

Trusted

375EA266-E21D-41B4-9B4B-0F534468C65C.jpeg

Tomozaurus likes this.
  7. unbornwhiskey

Trusted

every time i revisit the hunting party i'm like "this is a fucking amazing record, why did people hate it?????"

8. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

You and me both. I definitely think it’s their most underrated.

AgonizingFir and Tomozaurus like this.
  9. Tomozaurus

Regular

I've said many times in this thread, I love The Hunting Party. Guilty All the Same, Rebellion, Mark the Graves & A Line in the Sand are all among my favourite songs by them.

10. Cmoney86

Trusted

20 years ago today, we made our first US television appearance on Late Night with Conan O'Brien.
    Here's our performance of One Step Closer

Mcrx and 150Wrds like this.
  11. 150Wrds

Question from the UK! I've seen videos of Linkin Park and Slipkot on Conan and always thought it was cool he had 'harder' music on his show, but did the other shows also do this? I know the two bands mentioned are a bit different, but I doubt either would ever be on our late night shows (late night being 21:00 chat shows here )

12. Cmoney86

Trusted

Slipknot was on jimmy kimmel when we are not your kind was about to come out. Linkin park was on a bit of everything over the years

150Wrds likes this.
  13. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

why are they playing their instruments like that lmao. that hurts my back

beachdude and chewbacca110 like this.
  14. Cmoney86

Trusted

Friday
    C9FCBD25-D2C2-4298-BDCD-F8A04EE1C131.jpeg

Mcrx likes this.
  15. Cmoney86

Trusted

Scoob, beachdude and Rowan5215 like this.
  16. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

Has LP ever discussed getting a new singer for the band? Or are they done done, for sure? I mean the band could easily live off streaming royalties for the rest of time, so hopefully the guys outside of Mike have also found new paths to go down

beachdude likes this.
  17. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

Yeah I’ve been wondering if they’re ever planning on doing something again. I certainly don’t blame them at all if it never happens though.

18. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

I don't think they'll ever make new music under the LP name again. Maybe some tribute tours with a guest singer

beachdude likes this.
  19. JamesMichael

Software Engineer Prestigious

I agree, I think it will be awesome for a few shows at certain anniversary’s or possibly a small tour but I don’t think they’ll carry on.

beachdude likes this.
  20. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

I honestly doubt they ever tour/make music again.

beachdude likes this.
  21. TEGCRocco

Assume It's A Bit

Mike still talks about Linkin Park in the present tense and the only thing he's ever said counter to LP doing stuff again is that right now isn't the time for a big comeback. I wouldn't be surprised at all if they keep going in some capacity

beachdude likes this.
  22. owenlongsworth

Regular

They’ve said they will continue on with the band a couple of times now, but that they’ve got a lot of things to figure out. They did start writing new music right before the pandemic started, but that put everything on pause. There hasn’t been any update for quite awhile now.

TEGCRocco and beachdude like this.
  23. Cmoney86

Trusted

beachdude, Orla and Rowan5215 like this.
  24. Phoenix has said a couple times in the last few years that Linkin Park was still writing music, but I don't remember hearing samesies from the other members. Not sure they have any imminent plans though.

25. Rowan5215

An inconsequential shift as the continents drift.

did Mike seriously do an NFT EP? so stupid lmao