Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Linkin Park Band • Page 109

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Jason Tolpin, Jun 10, 2017.

1. TEGCRocco

Assume It's A Bit

Lies Greed Misery is definitely up there. It would've been embarrassing if they wrote during pre-HT when they were basically still kids, let alone in 2012.

2. Supernova

Prayers/Triangles Prestigious

I’ve haven’t heard this version of Part of Me until tonight. Chester screams “cut myself free” in the pre chorus and has better melody deliveries. Apparently this was recorded after the EP version of this song. Nice to hear this.

Tomozaurus likes this.
  3. owenlongsworth

Regular

That’s because there’s a hidden track at the end.

4. Tomozaurus

Regular

I was kind of bummed they didn't include this on the 20th anniversary. It is probably the best HT demo imo.

Supernova likes this.
  5. Cmoney86 Oct 13, 2020
    (Last edited: Oct 13, 2020)
    Cmoney86

Trusted

Yes I know.... I’ve had a part of me for years. I’ve had the majority of everything released on this for years since it was all released to the LPU. Outside of like some of the live songs and like 3 songs from the last cd I have had everything for at least a decade. I have even had the xero demos. Just gotta know where to look to find things

the only difference from what’s on the ep to the demo is mike sings it instead of Chester screaming it. And that sounds way rougher then the ep version has ever sounded.

6. Lies Greed Misery is another fave of mine. I'm a sucker for that happy hardcore riff. Very different for them, like it sounds like something Mindless Self Indulgence would have put out, but they pulled it off.

Orla likes this.
  7. Tomozaurus

Regular

I've never been able to get into Living Things. There are a couple of real stinkers on there and most of the rest just sounds like them rewriting New Divide over and over again to me.

8. Mcrx

Regular

I'm actually listening to it right now again because of all the criticisms. I actually like it too. lol Idk about MSI, because I decided early on that I wasn't a fan of theirs, but I like this LP song.

9. I love it

094AF546-F07A-4F36-839C-C30C23A6F53D.jpeg

Mcrx, Crisp X, Breaking Good and 7 others like this.
  10. Onlyadirector

Trusted Supporter

That photo of chester is so fucking rad

beachdude and chewbacca110 like this.
  11. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

I've really been enjoying this set, a real deep dive into Hybrid Theory. I've been going disc by disc so that I don't get overwhelmed, and only have the Forgotten Demos disc left.

I would LOVE if the band did deluxe versions of each album on the 20th anniversaries, but I know that's a big ask and there probably isn't quite as much material once you get further into the band's career

JamesMichael likes this.
  12. irthesteve

OK listening to Forgotten Demos right now and this is the wildest shit to me

13. TEGCRocco

Assume It's A Bit

I actually don't think that's true. There probably aren't as many "finished" demos like Could Have Been or Pictureboard, but just for Meteora there are 3 demos we know of that have vocals, the reggae version of Don't Stay, Figure.09 with sung verses, some remixes the band did of the songs that never wound up coming out etc. They could definitely do a boxset of this size for each album. Just a matter of whether or not they think it's worth the cost.

14. Cmoney86

Trusted

Hybrid theory re entered the charts

the 20 year anniversary debut at number 3

JamesMichael, Mcrx, beachdude and 5 others like this.
  15. irthesteve

amazing

16. 150Wrds

I need to listen to this reggae version of Don't Stay. Quick YouTube search didn't bring anything up, do you know where I can find it?

Mcrx likes this.
  17. TEGCRocco

Assume It's A Bit

It's not out. It was an early demo version that we only know about cause they talked about it when the album came out

150Wrds likes this.
  18. I'd argue they even had more demos and stuff the further they went, and probably the most for Minutes To Midnight as it feels like that one went through so many stages over the years they spent working on it.

19. TEGCRocco

Assume It's A Bit

MTM could be hard just because we've gotten so much from that era through the LPU, b-sides etc. They had 17 fully finished songs that were ready to be on the album that got whittled down to 12, but 4 of the 5 left are confirmed to be out (No Roads Left, Across The Line, What We Don't Know, and Blackbirds), and it's pretty likely IMO that either Last Line from the Mall soundtrack or Chance of Rain is the fifth one. Then there's all the demo instrumentals they've put out over the years...

There are still some gems that we know about like NRL and In Between with Chester on vocals, the full versions of LOATR and TLTGYA with Mike, Fire In The City (which got reworked into Given Up) plus any number of demos they have partially realized since this was the era they started putting vocals on tracks very early in the process.

20. Cmoney86

Trusted

Coming out in January EFF29F8D-EB55-4309-9E69-8E97CE3FC7FC.png

150Wrds likes this.
  21. irthesteve

I don't really do funko pops or action figures at all, but that's pretty cool

22. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

Agreed. I wish we could get a regular HT diorama that doesn't look like it's aimed at kids.

beachdude, Mcrx and irthesteve like this.
  23. Mcrx

Regular

Same. Lol

150Wrds likes this.
  24. Henry

Moderator Moderator

I'd never heard the mastered version of High Voltage until today. This whole thing is wild.

25. stonecoldnimrod

roamer. wanderer. nomad. vagabond.

dude... the live version of high voltage in this boxset is one of their best performances of all fucking time.

Mcrx likes this.