Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Linkin Park Band • Page 108

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Jason Tolpin, Jun 10, 2017.

1. Rowan5215

An inconsequential shift as the continents drift.

unless it's just on the digital download for some reason yup, there's gaps between songs on both Hybrid Theory and Reanimation. I know that's a small thing but the flow of the latter has always been my favourite thing about it

on a positive note, holy shit the EP sounds fantastic on this

Tomozaurus likes this.
  2. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

I've only ever had 160kbps tracks from the EP, so I am excited to listen to the remaster

3. BenSmith94

Trusted

20 years hey. Album still rips.

skogsraet and Rowan5215 like this.
  4. Tomozaurus

Regular

I adore Hybrid Theory EP so I am so stoked to hear it remastered. I am getting it on vinyl one way or another, either in the big pack or on its own second-hand after.

Mary V and Rowan5215 like this.
  5. Rowan5215

"Pictureboard" and "Could Have Been" are so fucking cool damn

Supernova and Tomozaurus like this.
  6. pbueddi

Trusted

Amazon vinyl doesn't arrive til next Tuesday :(

7. Looking forward to diving into the full thing. I'm not sure I recall all of those outtakes.

anonimito likes this.
  8. Excited to listen to this all weekend. 80 tracks!!!

anonimito likes this.
  9. Cmoney86

Trusted

Mine arrives tomorrow

pbueddi likes this.
  10. Mcrx

Regular

Wow, funny how last time I was here, I was asking about the show and now that I'm back, the show just ended. lol

But what brings me here is what are all y'alls' thoughts on Living Things? Favorite tracks?
    I bought it awhile back and still haven't played it. haha

11. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

Picture board is not very good

12. nohandstoholdonto

problem addict Prestigious

I forgot how much I fucking love And One

Rowan5215, Crisp X and Tomozaurus like this.
  13. Tomozaurus

Regular

I love Chester's vocals on the EP so much. He has this growl to them he didn't really bring on the album, except on With You.

14. Castle Of Glass and Lost In The Echo

15. Rowan5215

Mike goes crazy in the last minute. maybe his best technical rapping ever

Tomozaurus likes this.
  16. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Castle of Glass is one of my favorite LP songs period

Orla, Scoob, beachdude and 3 others like this.
  17. Cmoney86

Trusted

BF0E8F7A-1776-40FE-852F-AC7A79C3CD06.jpeg

chewbacca110, Mcrx, Mary V and 3 others like this.
  18. Supernova Oct 12, 2020
    (Last edited: Oct 12, 2020)
    Supernova

Prayers/Triangles Prestigious

Man, High Voltage Live from Docklands is a different version instrumentally than the one I’ve heard all these years. More rock influenced. Chester comes in too with a different verse/outro.

EDIT: ok so it’s the same version as the B-sides version earlier in the compilation. I guess I had only ever heard the Hybrid Theory EP and Reanimation versions over the years. Super cool.

19. Micah511

We reach for the longest shadow Supporter

I never dug into the demos and EP, but Ive listened to HT and most of Reanimation this morning and I am shocked how well it holds up.

20. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Listeneing to the new Hybrid Theory right now and you're right, the smalll gaps are really annoying. Has this been addressed or anything online? Has there been talk about it?

21. Allhailburnzy

Trusted Supporter

Shadow Of The Day is such a beautiful song

kyle, chewbacca110, Mcrx and 2 others like this.
  22. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

Amazing to hear the Hybrid Theory EP songs and B-sides again. I don't think I've heard them since I downloaded them off of Napster in high school. So many good memories of being on AOL and jamming to them.

Mcrx likes this.
  23. Mcrx

Regular

Glad y'all are enjoying those again. I didn't order the rerelease, but do go back to those albums often enough. Especially Reannimation, cuz I've heard it less and I also really like some of the collabs, especially with Jonathan Davis. I saw the Projekt Revolution show with both LP and Korn (as well as The Used. All favorite bands of mine, still now or at some point) and it was one of the best moments of my life!

So, mini review of Living Things that I finally gave a spin (er well, technically it was YT. I still need to check my disc lol), and it was pretty nice! For some reason, I wasn't feeling it when I started playing it a few years back, but now those first few tracks stand out. I didn't hate Castle of Glass, but it wasn't a fave of mine. It's just different. Idk. But I'll listen to it all again.

24. atlas

Trusted

I have little to say about Living Things other than Lies Greed Misery is terrible and probably their worst song

disambigujason and Tomozaurus like this.
  25. Mcrx

Regular

Lol it might be. Tbh, I haven't heard a lot after Minutes to Midnight. :crylaugh: