Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Linkin Park Band • Page 103

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Jason Tolpin, Jun 10, 2017.

1. BTDandFeelingThis

Now I Know This World Isn’t Spinning Just For Me Prestigious

8CD0C648-CD55-47AD-B37B-001BB7570537.jpeg

2. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Do not read the comments holy fuck

3. BTDandFeelingThis

Now I Know This World Isn’t Spinning Just For Me Prestigious

You warned me. I didn’t listen. Holy shit my head hurts

Breaking Good, anonimito and Mary V like this.
  4. TEGCRocco

Assume It's A Bit

It is so bizarre to me that with how outspoken the band (especially Chester) were about how they didn't like Trump and the fact that they have tracks like No More Sorrow or Hands Held High in their discography that THIS, the band saying "don't use our music without permission", is the breaking point for people. Some true intellectuals there...

coleslawed, Crisp X, Mary V and 6 others like this.
  5. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Most likely a good number of people getting mad or saying they're going to stop being fans were never actually LP fans and just Trump supporters trying to stir shit

6. Rowan5215

An inconsequential shift as the continents drift.

been really digging "Until it Breaks" lately, the end with Brad singing is beautiful

Mary V and The Black Parade like this.
  7. dlemert

Trusted

Just chiming in to say Minutes to Midnight is a great record and was the first angry political record I really got into.

coleslawed, RyanPm40, Mcrx and 4 others like this.
  8. Micool1

Trusted Prestigious

Today marks 3 years since Chester's passing and it still hurts.

Orla, Mcrx, The Black Parade and 7 others like this.
  9. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

I was up late last night putting something together and the Guitar Center Sessions concert came up on YouTube. Seems like they were a great live band

10. Cmoney86

Trusted

They where. I was fortunate enough to see them live 7 times. Crushed it every time

Orla and ChaseTx like this.
  11. Micool1

Trusted Prestigious

I saw them live only once. It was my first live show ever. It was a year after M2M came out. It was pouring rain but it was awesome.

I regret not doing the 2.5 hours drive for the Hunting Party tour...

Mcrx and The Black Parade like this.
  12. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Jamming One More Light this morning and planning to putting it back on later while prepping our yard for some TLC.

13. skogsraet

Trusted Supporter

Truly can't believe it's been three years already. Linkin Park has been around about as long as I have and I grew up with Chester's voice even before I became a fan. Three years and I'm still getting used to the fact that the songs we got from him are all we're ever going to get.

14. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

It's by far my favorite album they've put out, even though I know a lot of people eye-rollingly say it's when they "sold out"

15. TEGCRocco

Assume It's A Bit

Minutes is a strong second. ATS was just so damn ambitious it can't not be my favorite

Orla, ChaseTx, RyanPm40 and 1 other person like this.
  16. Onlyadirector

Trusted Supporter

I think Living Things had a lot of potential and deserved just a little more time to cook. Lots of solid songs that are drowned out by some duds unfortunately. They built a cool sonic profile for the album though.

Orla likes this.
  17. Rowan5215

comfortably my least favourite album of theirs, but it's still good and all. the stuff that went outside their comfort zone like "Castle of Glass" and "Until it Breaks" is money. just wish most of the rest didn't sound so.... I guess simplistic?

Orla, Onlyadirector and Mary V like this.
  18. TEGCRocco

Assume It's A Bit

Living Things is such a mixed bag. The tracks that are good are phenomenal (Castle of Glass, Powerless, and Roads Untraveled are top tier songs), but the stuff that doesn't work is pretty damn bad. Doesn't help that the production really hurts a lot of the songs. So many of the synths sit in the same register as the guitars and they're constantly fighting each other to the point that a lot of the big choruses turn into vocals sitting on top of a bunch of noise.

Onlyadirector and Rowan5215 like this.
  19. Rowan5215

agree about the production too, honestly that's a problem with their last three albums to varying degrees imo

shame because A Thousand Suns had the absolute perfect balance between bangers and the layered vibey stuff

ChaseTx likes this.
  20. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Castle of Glass is one of my all time favorite songs by them

When I saw Mike on his Post Traumatic tour a bit ago he played that song and it was amazing

Orla, Crisp X and TEGCRocco like this.
  21. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Dropped Frames 2 out at midnight

22. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Dropped Frames 2 is great, this kind of instrumental music is so enjoyable and soothing

23. Cmoney86

Trusted

24. TEGCRocco

Assume It's A Bit

They're doing a puzzle to start the hype for the Hybrid Theory 20th anniversary celebration. Seems to hint at Chester's audition tape being part of the release

Linkin Park’s Old Band Computer

irthesteve and Onlyadirector like this.
  25. Mcrx

Regular

I'm so confused by that! ^Can someone explain what's going on with all of that? Ty