Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Linkin Park Band • Page 101

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Jason Tolpin, Jun 10, 2017.

1. Mcrx

Regular

they are?? How'd I miss this? lol

2. BenSmith94

Trusted

I might re-visit A Thousand Suns at some point, but my recollections of it are it was by far their worst album.

disambigujason likes this.
  3. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

It is their best

Dirty Sanchez likes this.
  4. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

It's definitely better than it was originally judged, bit not the "best"

5. BenSmith94

Trusted

I'm halfway through a re-listen and it doesn't even come close to Hybrid Theory or Meteora. It's not as terrible as I remember, but it's still not exactly good. It lacks punch.

Blackout and Wretches and Kings still rip though.

Mcrx likes this.
  6. drummerAVA

Trusted

Revisited A Thousand Suns recently myself and I'd say it has some of their best/most poignant material on it... some of it really hits deep.

7. BenSmith94

Trusted

Iredescent is lowkey one of their better songs and Chester sounds superb on The Messenger.

8. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

There are some songs I really do like but in general it evokes a strong negative reaction for me.

9. BenSmith94

Trusted

Second half of the album is a lot stronger than the first, but there's still a few nothingy songs I don't really plan on re-visiting any time soon. Having said that, there is also some really good stuff on there which I feel flew under my radar initially.

10. ATS is my 2nd favorite behind Meteora. I think it's the album of theirs that's aged the best.

11. Rowan5215

An inconsequential shift as the continents drift.

I will happily argue with anyone that Chester's vocals were peak on the entirety of ATS. he sounds fucking incredible

12. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

ATS is easily my favorite album by them. Waiting for the End might be my favorite song by them, at least top 10

13. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

I'm not in the "it's my favorite album of theirs" club (I prefer Minutes to Midnight, Reanimation, & The Hunting Party), but I do like A Thousand Suns a whole lot. "When They Come for Me," "Waiting for the End," & "The Catalyst" are all top tier Linkin Park songs.

It's a weird one in how interlude-heavy it is, but if I'm in the mood for it, I do still think it works. Was reminded of the weird flow when that new 1975 album dropped & people were discussing the flow of the first handful of track on that one, lol.

14. Rowan5215

An inconsequential shift as the continents drift.

ATS is my favourite 'album experience' or whatever by them, but song for song I'll always take Reanimation

Petit nain des Îles likes this.
  15. manoverboard365

Trusted

A Thousand Suns is my favorite album of theirs and nothing else even comes close.

16. NitrateDawn

Regular

I remember watching the thread for A Thousand Suns on absolutepunk.net and seeing everyone saying how bad it was. I took a listen and loved it right away. Glad time has been kind to that album.

Breaking Good, anonimito and ChaseTx like this.
  17. nohandstoholdonto

problem addict Prestigious

I know it’s inevitable that people will, but I don’t think it’s fair to judge this band with how they decide is the correct way to proceed forward.

18. TEGCRocco

Assume It's A Bit

A Thousand Suns is so easily their best album. I know it was a single overseas, but I really feel like Burning In The Skies is way too slept on.

19. BenSmith94

Trusted

Yeah, it wasn't as bad a listen going through it again, but Hybrid Theory still blows it out of the water for me tbh.

20. NitrateDawn

Regular

Maybe my memory of this is completely wrong, or maybe someone can completely back me up, but I remember Meteora being super unavailable at one point. Like I think you couldn’t buy it in the US iTunes Store and I could never find it at stores. So when I did find it it was like I’d found treasure

21. Onlyadirector

Trusted Supporter

My first exposure to Linkin Park (gen z here) was when I was looking up Ben 10 videos on YouTube and found an AMV for Faint. Love at first listen haha

Breaking Good and flask like this.
  22. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

I gotta revisit A Thousand Suns. I’m thinking I’d rank it around third or fourth at this point

23. Henry

Moderator Moderator

I think Linkin Park will be next week's poll.

24. flask

Trusted Supporter

ATS has a certain...idk feeling I guess? Feels like they had a theme they were aiming for and for the most part achieved it. Also I know they're all living in mansions in the hollywood hills but the speech and beat drop on Wretches and Kings gets my hype.

25. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

It has the most complete and cohesive feel to it imo. Everything on it feels very deliberate