Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Linkin Park Share New Album Cover

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Feb 14, 2017.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. Behind the Barricade

https://www.behindthecade.com

I'm intrigued. I think this is going to be a pop rock album so it'll be interesting how this ends up.

beachdude42 and Eric Wilson like this.
  3. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

There's a clip on Facebook of Chester's vocals for the new single that comes out Friday. Seems pretty chill.

beachdude42 likes this.
  4. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

Reminds me of the last seahaven cover. Not what I expected at all but certainly intriguing.

5. heymattrick

Sending my love

Does the album have a name?

6. Behind the Barricade

Nothing yet but I'm assuming there will be an announcement or leak on Thursday when the song comes out.

7. dlemert

Trusted

Will still check out everything these guys do, but their peak was definitely the Meteora/Midnight/Thousand Suns era and everything since then has been downhill. The last album was so boring.

ramres likes this.
  8. Ryan

Might be Spider-Man...

Had some hopes for their last record but it never stuck with me.

9. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

It definitely seems like this is going to be their poppiest album to date judging by the clips of the single... I'm pretty intrigued.

Here's the song clip for those interested:

truelovewaits likes this.
  10. Daniel182

Let's hold our breath until we disappear

I like it.

11. ramres

Next Show: Panchiko -- 5/3

Loving the album cover. I'm probably in the minority here but it would be very hard for them to top A Thousand Suns for me, but I'm very interested in what they're going to do with pop if that's what they're going for this time around.

12. Larry David

I'll see you again in 25 years Prestigious

Not my favorite record of theirs but easily the most creative album they've done. Great record

beachdude42, ramres and Dirty Sanchez like this.
  13. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

Yeah, I didn't really care for it. Some decent songs on there, but it was just not what they need to make. Felt too forced.

Petit nain des Îles likes this.
  14. ZeoVGM

Regular

It makes me so happy to see love for A Thousand Suns in this thread.

It's my favorite LP album, followed closely by Hybrid Theory and Minutes to Midnight.

I liked that they tried new things with MtM and especially ATS, which was hugely experimental. I'm hoping they try something new with this upcoming album as the last two seemed like they were trying to go back to their older sound a bit too much. I enjoyed them well enough but they didn't last long for me. I listened to MtM and ATS for ages.

beachdude42, ramres and Dirty Sanchez like this.
  15. Malatesta

i may get better but we won't ever get well Prestigious

dope lol

i mean all linkin park memeing aside i actually like the vibe of that cover. don't think i'll like the product or really understand how it'll mesh with the art but.

16. I love the cover, it seems very unusual to them. And the clip is pretty intriguing, I knew this album would be way different to their other albums, from what I remember, it will have a kind of hybrid electropop/rock sound with lots of hip hop influences. Glad to see them still change it up every single time even if it doesn't always work. I have so much respect for this band and I wish more people recognized their talent.

beachdude42 and Dirty Sanchez like this.
  17. Schooner

Trusted

Peaked at Meteora for me. I gave Minutes a good go, didn't mind. Thousand did zilch for me. Really enjoyed Living Things, return to form, that had absolute bangers.
    But that cover looks like it should be a Ben Harper cover art.

Another Fort Minor album please (not like that recent one off single though)

NewSurrender likes this.
  18. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

Try as I might I haven't been able to get too into anything since MTM, just a few songs here or there. Everything just feels so scatterbrained to me, like they're trying to be weird for the sake of being weird.

19. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

I absolutely love that cover art. No sure about how the music is going to be, but I think this band still has good tunes in them.

20. Behind the Barricade

I wouldn't call it weird but it does seem like they're trying to cater to everyone with the last couple releases. They're my favorite band and I find something great with all their albums. What it seems like they're doing is trying to make the old school fans happy, gain new fans, experiment a little and write music they love all at the same time. Sometimes it works (The Hunting Party) and sometimes it falls short (Living Things).

21. shawnhyphenray

Regular

They also released drum and piano clips, and Kiiara posted a video clip of her singing part of her features verse on Twitter. Also the band listed the lyrics on Genius.

beachdude42 likes this.
  22. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

Echoing the love for A Thousand Suns... even though I think not all of the experimentation on that album worked, it was a very bold album for them and when it was on point it was ON POINT.

I totally agree with this. I don't think this band has ever gotten enough respect for always pushing their sound in new directions, and managing to stay relevant LONG after nearly all of their contemporaries got stuck in a rut. I don't listen to them nearly as much as I used to, but I'll always respect them and check out their new stuff.

Petit nain des Îles and ramres like this.
  23. dlemert

Trusted

I will echo the Thousand Suns love and admit that while it's not perfect (the couple poppy, melodic songs are pretty boring to me), the stuff they went wild with on that record I adore. I fondly remember many hours playing Halo: Reach with Blackout and Wretches & Kings blasting in the background on repeat, haha.

Petit nain des Îles and ramres like this.
  24. I think I'm gonna get blasted for this comment, but I feel lke ATS way ahead of its time on few songs. There are some sounds that are reminiscent of what Death Grips and Kanye West put out afterwards. I still don't like the album as a whole though.

Schooner likes this.
  25. fran.182

Regular Prestigious

MTM is the only LP album I love from start to finish so a "proper follow-up" would be right up my alley.

Probably alone in thinking this, since it's one of their least liked albums...