Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Linkin Park Share ‘Hybrid Theory’ Era Demo

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Aug 13, 2020.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. 150Wrds

Loving this. Was a huge Linkin Park fan back in the day and hearing these nostalgic tracks is great. Now to deep dive and listen to some other classics which weren't on albums, 'And One' anyone?

Woohoo! and artbynickferran like this.
  3. I was never an LP "fan" but I liked the songs on the radio back then. I'm interested in hearing the old demos and rare stuff, and maybe even finally listen to the whole album front to back for the first time... I'm basically just a sucker for box sets/anniversary editions of albums, haha.

4. Woohoo!

Regular

Basically the only reason this particular song hasn’t ever seen an official release (like on a fan club album) is because it contains a sample from a High and Mighty song and I don’t think they had permission to sell it until now. Mike said this is the first song they created from scratch when Chester joined the band. Funny how this song is completely different from anything else they ever did.

tyler2tall likes this.
  5. 150Wrds

Yeah, this one is much more chilled out than the rest of the first album with Chester. Would be interesting to know some more back story, but could be that they recorded One Step Closer right after this one!

6. Woohoo!

Regular

One Step Closer was written about the album’s producer. He constantly pushed the band to write better music. He told them their music wasn’t as good as it needed to be. He would tell them to write better lyrics and sometimes Chester would show him rewritten lyrics and he wouldn’t even look at it, he’d just say try again.

150Wrds likes this.